WOMEN AGES 50 + FOR FEBRUARY 2018

Options

Replies

• janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Yvonne - wrote:

Janet & Mary - I've been intrigued by the idea of kettlebells, and you've inspired me. I think I'll find out of there's a place here in town that can get started on how to do them right. The down side of living in a small town is that we don't have the resources I had in Austin. No lap pool, no belly dance or tai chi classes, etc. I mostly stick with things I can do at home these days.

That is exactly why I do kettlebells you can buy them at WalMart if you wish, they are relatively inexpensive, you can easily store them just about any where as they are small and I can use them at home when ever I take a notion to :) I Googled vides on how to swing the kettlebell. Mary gave a terrific site to check out and he shows very detailed movements. I have forgotten the name of that site but Mary would have it.

So thrilled for you that you reached onederland today. Great job, it's so exciting to reach goals.

Janetr OKC
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    lhscapil wrote: »
    <3 Happy VD Ladies! <3

ka7gkdcuy8ov.jpg

Lanette
    Snowy (becoming rainy) SW WA State

Venereal desease day? i dunno but thats not something to be happy about

Pip
    , that's my 11 year old self kicking in. Saying "Happy VD" for "Valentine's Day" used to be silly when I was a kid. Sorry if I offended anyone :(

Lanette

i was joking.... lmao!! i wouldn't get offended by that.

OK then. Apology retracted, lol. >:) Happy VD <3 Happy VD <3 Happy VD <3 Happy VD <3 .

I haven't had this much fun since 5th grade!

Hey, speaking of abbreviations, DH watches Bloomberg a lot and they keep talking about "AI" startups. When I first heard of that, I was kind of confused..... being an old farm girl (and a fan of Dr. Pol) "AI" meant something way different in my book. B) Even humans use it to be in the family way.

I gotta get with the times!

Lanette
    SW WA State watching the snow melt today!
  • janetr7476
    Options
    SueBDew in TX I'm sorry to hear about the need for further dental work. I absolutely hate going to the dentist, luckily I have pretty good teeth. I was pretty surprised when this one broke. The dentist told the receptionist when she walked be back up front that I got an A+ for the day. She knows I hate it.

Take care of yourself and follow doctor's orders. I've never had a bowel obstruction but it sounds miserable.

Janetr OKC
  • teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Barbie, thanks, it helps to know someone else has had the same experience. It will be good to get the visiting done and enjoy my own life back. It's raining in Phoenix today and it feels so good. All the relatives decided they didn't want to go out in such weather and so I just walked and enjoyed. Will be back on deck with visiting tomorrow but for today, my DH and I can relax and do some together time.

Vickie, welcome and good luck with your February goals.

Betsy in AZ visiting kids, grandkids and older relatives.....
  • janetr7476
    Options
    Vickie in No Cali I so well know that feeling of no response from other sites. It's not like that here. This is a terrific group of concerned, supportive ladies with one common goal.....to live a healthy lifestyle and feel as well as possible for our ages lol

Welcome and let us know any questions or concerns you may have. <3<3<3

Lots of Hearts :)

Janetr OKC
  • knjiuv
    knjiuv Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hello dear sisters and Happy Valentines or VD Day. I think I have had the most boring day ever. I love everything about the Olympics, especially Lear ing new sports. But today curling was on. It was Canada against Great Britian. I had no idea a curling match could last as long as it does. How d people sit through that. But Canada eventually won. It was interesting how one stone would completely wipe out the other teams stones completely out of the house. See, I leaned some words. But I don't understand the physics of the sweepers at all. I just wish USA was a little higher in the medal count. But it is all about the world coming together and I like that. I always like to see the medal ceremony. I can see Mascha doing some of these endurance sports. Oh, as far people with food waiting for all runners or cycles are through, if I were doing that, someone would have to come look for me.

I called he pharmacy and my Lyrica will only be $45! I was afraid it would be several hundreds of dollars and was so please Charlie didn't blink an eye at that type of price. He knows how this affects me and what the pain does to my blood pressure. I have no idea how long it will take to get pain relief. I hope it is just Ike a pain pill and its immediate.

Joyce, indiana
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    <3 Happy VD Ladies! <3

ka7gkdcuy8ov.jpg

Lanette
    Snowy (becoming rainy) SW WA State

Venereal desease day? i dunno but thats not something to be happy about

Awe Pip.....grabs yer boot and bonks ya lightly on da head!
    Heehee!
    Becca
    Hugs to you my Washingtonian!
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Awe Lenora.......hugs ((((((((((((our best valentine of a Lady)))))))))))!!!

3781syf50lcg.jpg
    Becca
    Da Oregonian that loves ya!
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    <3
    NYKAREN
  • HandiCrafter
    HandiCrafter Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Happy Valentine's Day <3
    Martha in Eastern Oregon
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,347 Member
    Options
    Did the 20-40-60 workout on the treadmill for an hour today. I dont understand it, maybe it's the humidity but I would think that they'd keep the a/c higher, but I get so so hot. The plan for tomorrow is that I will probably use the treadmill/elliptical and then take the Power Hour class.

Happy Valentine's day everyone.

KJ - poor Joaquin, hope he's better real real fast. He's a fighter, so I'm sure it won't take too long before he's back to normal

NYKaren - i know you'll have a good time in Rome. Even tho you won't be counting calories, I wouldn't doubt if you'd lose. That usually happens when you go on vacation, especially in Europe

M - thanks for the info about seeing friends. It's that I can see almost all of his friends, but I'm not there. Yet, I know that I get his posts on my main page. Strange

For Lent I'm doing the "eat only when I'm hungry" thing. I tried this once before and failed. I'm thinking that maybe right now I'm ready.

Picked up my new bowling ball today. It's so pretty. Vince asked me yesterday "why do you want a new ball". My answer? "because it's pretty" not that I needed it, just because it was pretty. I did get a new bag, my old one was ripping and it will only get worse, it already has

DJ - love hearing from you, even if it's just dropping in to say "hi". Is it multiplemyloma that your friend might have? I have a friend who has that. Beautiful flowers. You deserve them

Love all the animal pics

Yvonne - yea for onederland!

Lanette - I don't think you insulted anyone with the "VD" day. Only pip would think of "venereal disease" day :)

Evelyn - yes, the person's name does appear in my list of "friends" on FB

Vicki - I'm sorry I didn't welcome you. Maybe you came at a time when I just had to skim and just said "welcome everyone new". Love having you here

Janet and Mary - Jess asked for these kettlebells for Christmas because you can empty them, then add just as much sand as you want. You can add more as needed. At first I thought that would be really good for traveling, emptying it and then filling it when I got to my destination. Then I read that you really shouldn't add liquids. Most hotels don't have sand, but they have water. So I didn't get those but I guess it was something she felt she'd use.

Speaking of Jess...did I tell you all that she wants to establish NC residency? Mainly because she'll be out of the country for a few years and things like insurance are much cheaper in NC than in VA

janetr - do you know that Jess is 34 and she's NEVER had a cavity? NEVER. The dentist said that's because I gave her the fluride tablets as she was growing up. So when her teeth were forming, the fluoride formed INSIDE her teeth, unlike me who goes to the dentist to have a fluoride treatment ON the tooth

Joyce - I hope your pain goes away real fast

Becca - I love crab, I just don't really know how to shell one

Want to take a shower and then probably watch a little TV

Michele loving FL
  • janetr7476
    Options
    Sue, she is just so cute. I've been trying to talk my hubby into a little cuddly puppy, he's having none of it.

Janetr OKC