Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Do diets work?

Options

Replies

• CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    well I guess my weight loss was a sham too since I eat meat and dairy. I have no issues maintaining my weight if I want to. right now I dont want to and I did lose almost 8 lbs last month. sure some of it may have been water weight but it was still a loss. I got fat eating more fruits and veggies and being less active. I can eat a whole pineapple myself..set 300g or more of cherries in front of me and I can eat all of them. I can eat fruit until the cows come home and still be hungry. my diet is now more balanced and I still eat meat and dairy. fat doesnt make a person fat though and some fat is essential for many bodily functions.

oh they do have fat free,low fat and reduced fat dairy products and there are meats low in fat too. so no no one has to cut out dairy or meat unless they have an allergy,intolerance or some other health issue to where they have to avoid it.
  • sytchequeen
    sytchequeen Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    does it not depend how you define "diet"?

A Diet to me is a temporary thing, my diet describes what I eat - my dietary habits - how I live.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,992 Member
    Options
    I didn't go on a starvation diet and I eat plenty of meat and dairy and my diet ( noun meaning long term eating style) bears very little resemblance to traditional Asian diets - I lost weight to goal in 2013 and have maintained since.
    And I'm certainly not always hungry.

If my body is fighting back it's not putting up a very good battle. :o
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,992 Member
    Options
    I will add, yes, I do have to watch my calories.

I'm ok with that - as I have mentioned many times on here, I log very loosely but enough to keep myself accountable and to keep enough of an eye on my intake.
    I don't find that onerous or difficult at all.