Less alcohol- February 2018- one day at a time

Options

Replies

• Alzzi76
    Alzzi76 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Just got the Annie Grace daily message (author of This Naked Mind) ; today's email spoke of how to view socializing at parties with people who are drinking. She says reframe your thoughts.

This is so true, the negitive thoughts that come and fill your mind days after a good time are terrible. Im appreciating this thread a lot more. Lots of positive vibes coming in and is very much needed .

• Alzzi76
    Options
    NormInv wrote: »
    Happy Friday evening peeps, just got back from gym, thank goodness for that....helped a ton with any ideas of booze

Thanks for the reminder!
    Ill try and fit it in b4 bed, even if its late. It does help the mind.
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,175 Member
    Options
    Just got the Annie Grace daily message (author of This Naked Mind) ; today's email spoke of how to view socializing at parties with people who are drinking. She says reframe your thoughts.

I bought this book, but haven't read it yet. I did read Allen Carr's How To Stop Drinking Now. How do you get on the email list for Annie Grace? Do you have to pay to join her website?

Thanks for sharing!

I went to her website this naked mind and signed up to get the free first 40 pages of her book. *I belive that's how I got her book sample. And then her daily emails.
    P.s. I emailed her twice telling her my progress, and each time someone on her staff replied to my email.
    I didn't pay for anything or join her program. The email is enough and her book:)
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,285 Member
    Options
    Friday night. 8pm and I'm in bed with tea and a pup. Perfect.

poor pup ;)
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    NormInv wrote: »
    Friday night. 8pm and I'm in bed with tea and a pup. Perfect.

poor pup ;)
    LOL
  • looneycatblue
    looneycatblue Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Ahhh, Friday night league bowling actually can be great fun, even AF!
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    From Annie Grace's email message:

paq4ysbjcv5o.png

This is great. Last night as I was preparing a good dinner for me and m husband, I thought about the comments on here about viewing a dry evening as a treat to yourself rather than a challenge or a negative thing. I made myself a decaf vanilla latte and enjoyed it while I cooked. I was in bed by 10:30, completely alcohol free. This morning I was up at 6AM to get ready for run group, clear mind and feeling good. Again, Thank you guys so much!
  • Alzzi76
    Options
    JenT304 wrote: »
    I fell into a bottle of merlot last night. Ended up having an argument with my husband. I feel terrible today and mad at myself. For those of you that know they can't moderate take it from me, it was not worth it. I'll be back to tea today.

thanku Jen, im with u in this. I trying to get over Thursday night. It shows doesnt it how it messes with our minds and eventually bodies.
    Ill get back to tea as well. :)
  • Alzzi76
    Options
    lporter229 wrote: »
    From Annie Grace's email message:

paq4ysbjcv5o.png

This is great. Last night as I was preparing a good dinner for me and m husband, I thought about the comments on here about viewing a dry evening as a treat to yourself rather than a challenge or a negative thing. I made myself a decaf vanilla latte and enjoyed it while I cooked. I was in bed by 10:30, completely alcohol free. This morning I was up at 6AM to get ready for run group, clear mind and feeling good. Again, Thank you guys so much!

Awesome job!!, well done ;)
  • ehseeker
    ehseeker Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    JenT304 wrote: »
    I fell into a bottle of merlot last night. Ended up having an argument with my husband. I feel terrible today and mad at myself. For those of you that know they can't moderate take it from me, it was not worth it. I'll be back to tea today.

Every road has bumps. You recognize the problem which is way beyond where some people are at right now. I raise a cuppa to you.
  • Alzzi76
    Options
    46 days AF!! YAY!

Well done Mary!! o:)o:)
  • kittybenn
    kittybenn Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    @islandbeez - don't obsess and just move on. I say this as a person who spends way too much time beating herself upl You should be wearing out your arm patting yourself on the back for all your success, including that phenomenal weight loss. WTG!