▪Prep taxes
    ▪Rebox textbooks
    ▪Lunch
    ▪Elliptical - Only Walking Pace!!
    ▪Prenatal Yoga
    ▪Baseball - "Meet the Coach/ team"
    ▪Dinner either 5 pm or 8:30 pm depending on baseball event
    ▪Bedtime by 11 pm

Whew! I gotta sit and rest a moment---your JFT has left me wiped out!! We were/are a baseball family. My husband coached one of our son's til he graduated high school and went to play in college. He even coached in Belgium and the team won the national championship---of course you have to remember that Belgium is the size of Maryland, lol!!! When we lived in Austin, TX, the hubs would be up at 2am watering the field. When he first got there, it was a mess and he slowly got it back in shape by reseeding, fertilizing and watering. Our son was probably 9 or 10 at the time. As usual I was the trusty sidekick. If I wasn't helping him, I'd be selling snacks at the concession stand. I recall the league hosting a tournament and I was up early making egg and meat burritos to sell . We had four kids by then. And even though only one kid played, the other three were usually there rooting him on. Later, I would take photos and put together albums for the families. When we lived in Belgium, our son, who was in high school (homeschooled) would fly to the States and play ball from January to the end of May and then return to Belgium to play the season there. I think back now and marvel at how I let our 15-17 year old go off like that! Of course he had ten moms to pounce on him if he ever got out of line, lol. And I remember the days sitting on the cold metal bleachers, wrapped in a blanket, holding an umbrella cheering on the team. At the time, it's just what we did! Now, I'm not sure I could do that several days a week! So, I truly feel for you---and wow! I was not expecting when all this was going on in my life! So you get multiple kudos. But remember, there will be a last time. And then all you will have will be the lovely, crazy, sometimes upside down, memories to hold on to. Here is an appropriate JFT quote by a man who pitched for the Cleveland Indians for 18 seasons:

"Every day is a new opportunity. You can build on yesterday's success or put its failures behind and start over again. That's the way life is, with a new game every day, and that's the way baseball is." Bob Feller

(Apologies for the OT rambling...)
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,346 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I missed posting goals for today, so I'll add tomorrow's right now. It's hard to post at work since I sit right outside my boss's door and feel guilty! LOL >:)

You guys are all doing great! So many inspiring things on here today! <3

Welcome to our new JFTers! :smile:

JFT: 2/20/18
    1. Get up without hitting Snooze
    2. Stay in the green
    3. Hydrate
    4. Update bullet journal
    5. Get caught up & stay focused at work. Put earbuds in to block out noise
    6. Go to library at noon to pick up book
    7. Eat only my packed lunch/snack at work
    8. Read each of my daily readings: Simple Abundance, Diet Beck Solution
    9. Take time for meditation and prayer
    10. Body Groove session
    11. Bed one hour early, unplugged, and read out of a book - no Kindle!

I cannot control what lifes throws at me, but I can cerainly control how I react to it!
  • sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    JFY (Monday, 2/19/18)
    1. Drink 8 glasses of water :)
    2. Log all my food :)
    3. Be "in the green" with my calories for the day :)
    4. Go to the gym (30 min circuit, 30 min treadmill) :)
    5. Laundry :)
    6. Clean bathroom :)

JFT (Tuesday, 2/20/18)
    1. Drink 8 glasses of water
    2. Log all my food
    3. Be "in the green" with my calories for the day
    4. Go to the gym (30 min circuit, 30 min treadmill)
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    @missheidi I hope you are okay!
  • acrylicfox
    acrylicfox Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    @acrylicfox Your quote is so true. Before I quit smoking I felt like I was in a prison because of my addiction. It took a lot of perseverance, dedication, and accountability to finally come off them. I have been cigarette free for almost 2 years!

WOW that is an inspiring story! I wish I could hit that like button a hundred times for your post - great work!

• MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    toaljasa wrote: »
    MLHC1 wrote: »
    2/19 Monday JFT:

▪Breakfast
    ▪Run a few errands: bank, WM, vitamin shop, mailbox
    ▪Research work from home- complete excel log
    ▪Laundry
    ▪Prep taxes
    ▪Rebox textbooks
    ▪Lunch
    ▪Elliptical - Only Walking Pace!!
    ▪Prenatal Yoga
    ▪Baseball - "Meet the Coach/ team"
    ▪Dinner either 5 pm or 8:30 pm depending on baseball event
    ▪Bedtime by 11 pm

Whew! I gotta sit and rest a moment---your JFT has left me wiped out!! We were/are a baseball family. My husband coached one of our son's til he graduated high school and went to play in college. He even coached in Belgium and the team won the national championship---of course you have to remember that Belgium is the size of Maryland, lol!!! When we lived in Austin, TX, the hubs would be up at 2am watering the field. When he first got there, it was a mess and he slowly got it back in shape by reseeding, fertilizing and watering. Our son was probably 9 or 10 at the time. As usual I was the trusty sidekick. If I wasn't helping him, I'd be selling snacks at the concession stand. I recall the league hosting a tournament and I was up early making egg and meat burritos to sell . We had four kids by then. And even though only one kid played, the other three were usually there rooting him on. Later, I would take photos and put together albums for the families. When we lived in Belgium, our son, who was in high school (homeschooled) would fly to the States and play ball from January to the end of May and then return to Belgium to play the season there. I think back now and marvel at how I let our 15-17 year old go off like that! Of course he had ten moms to pounce on him if he ever got out of line, lol. And I remember the days sitting on the cold metal bleachers, wrapped in a blanket, holding an umbrella cheering on the team. At the time, it's just what we did! Now, I'm not sure I could do that several days a week! So, I truly feel for you---and wow! I was not expecting when all this was going on in my life! So you get multiple kudos. But remember, there will be a last time. And then all you will have will be the lovely, crazy, sometimes upside down, memories to hold on to. Here is an appropriate JFT quote by a man who pitched for the Cleveland Indians for 18 seasons:

"Every day is a new opportunity. You can build on yesterday's success or put its failures behind and start over again. That's the way life is, with a new game every day, and that's the way baseball is." Bob Feller

(Apologies for the OT rambling...)

Thank you for sharing your story!! You have an incredible story and there is no way I could let my teenager do that, Lol!! I'm much to paranoid!! Your husband did a great thing by taking over and making everything work for the baseball team. It is not easy, Lol!! I'm sure by the time my kids are all grown up, I'll miss the caious as well. Sometimes I look back and laugh about what we've already been through!! But the is the joy in life, the journey not the destination :wink:

I truly appreciate you ladies all being there for me and everyone else on JFT. Life can kick your butt sometimes and having a support system IS very helpful.
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    @MLHC1 Good luck today! You should give yourself a little slack about the research. You're 7 months pregnant! They need to take that into account. Lol. If you need to rest, then rest. I'm so glad that you dont have to manage the team! That's awesome! What kind of business does your husband own?