2/14 = 12 miles
    2/15 = Vinyasa yoga class
    2/16 = 6 miles
    2/17 = 3 miles
    2/18 = 14 miles
    2/19 = 4 miles & Vinyasa yoga class
    2/20 = strength training at the gym
    2/21 = 9.5 miles

I have been struggling with insomnia this week. I woke up at 4 am and could not get back to sleep, again. I decided that, instead of staring at the ceiling, I would get up and run. It was great! I went 9 miles before the morning thunderstorms hit, had the streets to myself, and I was able to fit in a hour long post-run nap before work. My husband, however, now thinks I am bat *kitten* crazy and I might have a running problem. Apparently, only crazy people go running at 4:30 am when they can't sleep. LOL

February goal miles 150 = 80.5 miles completed

3/4/18 = Alamo Half Marathon
    1/27/19 = Miami Marathon

I wish I could actually get up. I always toss and turn until my alarm goes off. And every time I'm like I should have gotten up. Goal for next time (like every morning because I always wake about an hour before my alarm).
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    @lporter229 when Skip was a Girl Scout she was not allowed to sell door to door. Only at houses they knew. That is why they sell in front of stores or online or at mom and dads place of business. Skip was the dealer at school, she'd bring in boxes and sell at lunch time. This was high school and she would easily sell 10 to 20 boxes a day sometimes more.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    @lporter229 when Skip was a Girl Scout she was not allowed to sell door to door. Only at houses they knew. That is why they sell in front of stores or online or at mom and dads place of business. Skip was the dealer at school, she'd bring in boxes and sell at lunch time. This was high school and she would easily sell 10 to 20 boxes a day sometimes more.

That is a sad statement about our world today that kids can no longer go door to door in their own neighborhoods to sell things. We did it all the time as kids and it taught us a lot. My brother and I also had a paper route, which is also a thing of the past. I feel really sorry for today's youth. It is no big surprise that so many of them have troubles adjusting to social situations. Good for Skip for taking that initiative. Another example of why she is a great kid and you are a great Mom!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    lporter229 wrote: »

That is a sad statement about our world today that kids can no longer go door to door in their own neighborhoods to sell things. We did it all the time as kids and it taught us a lot. My brother and I also had a paper route, which is also a thing of the past. I feel really sorry for today's youth. It is no big surprise that so many of them have troubles adjusting to social situations. Good for Skip for taking that initiative. Another example of why she is a great kid and you are a great Mom!

In the town where I live, it is ILLEGAL for kids to go door to door... $1000 fine. Seriously.
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options

In the town where I live, it is ILLEGAL for kids to go door to door... $1000 fine. Seriously.

Now THAT'S taking crime seriously!! smh...

• katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    @skippygirlsmom glad to see you back, sorry you were so sick. Sounds miserable.

• PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    7lenny7 wrote: »

Now THAT'S taking crime seriously!! smh...

We only found out cause I sent my son out with his school fund raiser and someone actually made it clear they intended file a complaint if he showed up again. Did not believe it... till I looked up the law, and sure enough, it is real.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    Went for a bike ride today instead of a run. Wow, I really can get my HR (or at least perceived effort level, as my watch says my HR wasn't that high) up there on a bike. I felt so out of shape, although I know it's more that I haven't been riding much all winter. I clearly need to get back into cycling regularly, as much as the weather will allow. I thought the bike trail would be in a similar condition to my mostly-clear driveway, but parts of it were actually a solid sheet of last week's footprints/tracks/etc all frozen over. So I couldn't even fly down the hill and try to get momentum for the next uphill. Whew, that was a good workout!

I've gone for a ride and barely make 6 miles and pack it in and decide to run for an hour because its easier! I bought a mountain bike so I can go slower and the hills are shorter! I agree the perceived effort feels greater than running.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    @Link2Life Re: Strava. All I know to do is search for MFP monthly running challenge in the clubs. If you can't find it, I think we can send u a request by email. Just PM @7lenny7 , @Stoshew71, @seanevan10 or myself with your email and/or screen name.

Disclaimer. Someone may know better than I. :wink:
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    @skippygirlsmom glad to see you back, sorry you were so sick. Sounds miserable.

Thanks @katharmonic I appreciate it.

• Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options

My daughter was doing girl scouts up until a couple years ago. They told us not to go door to door, but we did anyway. We lived in an apartment complex and hit up every door in ours, the complex next door, and the ones down the block. My daughter easily sold over 700 boxes 2 years in a row. lol Then we got burnt out, cause it was a lot of work, and she only did the "in front of Kroger" thing.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    02/01/18 - 3.8 miles
    02/02/18 - Cross train // Les Mills //
    02/03/18 - 8 miles
    02/04/18 - REST
    02/05/18 - 3 miles
    02/06/18 - 3.25 miles
    02/07/18 - 2.3 (5 x 400 + warmup and cooldown)
    02/08/18 - 2.5
    02/09/18 - REST
    02/10/18 - 6.2 (official time 58:59)
    02/11/18 - REST
    02/12/18 - 3 miles
    02/13/18 - 4 miles
    02/14/18 - REST (unplanned)
    02/15/18 - 3 miles
    02/16/18 - Cross train//Bodypump
    02/17/18 - 6 miles (Trail)
    02/18/18 - REST
    02/19/18 - 3 miles
    02/20/18 - 3.3
    02/21/18 - 4.2

MTD: 53.5 miles
    FEB GOAL: 80 miles

Upcoming (and hopeful) Races:
    02/10/18 - Mardi Crawl 10k (official time 58:59 // PR // 1st place AG finish)
    04/14/18 - Rattler Mad Moose 10k (Trail)
    06/02/18 - Gluten free Gallop 5k (hubby and daughter have Celiac so this one's personal)
    06/23/18 - Slacker Half Marathon
    07/xx/18 - Something on a trail TBD
    09/23/18 - Xterra Mountain 8k (Trail)
    10/28/18 - Kooky Spooky 10k
    11/xx/18 - A Turkey Trot 5k of some sort TBD

I think I have to fix some math on my log, but my run was awesome this morning. I've had a tough time figuring out what plan (because I need a plan) I want to follow for my 10k trail run in April. I've decided to do the back half of the Hal Higdon Novice 2 HM plan. It's the distances and frequencies that I enjoy running and can schedule without feeling like I'm cramming it in and no longer enjoying it. Last week was kind of dumpy but I think the fog has lifted after this morning's run!

• Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    Welcome back @skippygirlsmom I know the feeling.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    @skippygirlsmom- I originally missed your post where you were sick. Sounds awful. Glad to hear you are on the mend. It's been an awful year for that!