JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• acrylicfox
    acrylicfox Posts: 295 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Only got time for a quick look in tonight, I'll catch up on posts later :kissing_heart:

Day 21 was Blah, I felt none of the confidence that I gained with yesterday's achievements but it's done and I met all the Usual Goals and tonight I even trusted myself to stick to a single serve of non-dairy ice cream for desert.

In my heart I now know at least part of my issue with weight is a problem with trust in the validity of my own choices.

Day 22:
    limit KJ
    watch out for sugar and sodium
    avoid gluten and dairy

Complete 2hrs on exercise bike -enjoy your coffee
  • kellyw4444
    kellyw4444 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    JFT Feb 22nd Day 52
    1. Water, water, water. Up a pound due to a high sodium dinner last night - need to balance this out with at least 10 glasses of water today.
    2. Attend hypopressives class today and practice technique.
    3. 600 calorie burn on my exercise bike
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,207 Member
    Options

SO I think the upshot is:
    A) By the end of the year, I will have a new job - NOT in this company
    B) Once I get through the current crisis (which should be about 3.5 weeks) I am going to start religiously leaving by 6 EVERY day, NO MATTER WHAT. Ideally earlier, but let's say 6 is the absolute deadline and I should aim for 5.30, or 5 on days where I have somewhere to be)

That last one is super important. I have given so much of myself to that company, and need to take my life back. I'll do that now.

- stay positive!

I am so sorry you are going through this, and I understand all too well. I had a job for years with a medical publisher, and the deadlines were brutal, because we had to keep the "printers" deadline - which could not be changed. I would get into work at 6am, and still be there many times at 10:30 at nite --- thinking I've just GOT to meet this deadline. I did this for years, and the resentment would build. But, I felt like I had to do this - you know - do the best job you can, no matter what.
    Well, fast forward 15 years, and the company was bought by another company . The department we worked for was all eliminated, because they knew they could outsource this work. ... so we were no longer needed. No offering of a job elsewhere in the company, nothing. So much for loyalty.
    So what I am trying to say, is no job is worth it. Years from now, you do not want to look back at your life, and realize all the time wasted just for a job. You are probably like I was, I loved my job. But your job does not define you, and life is way too short.
    It was after I lost so many of my siblings to death that I realized all this. When my brother Jim (who was one that also gave his life for his job) knew he was not going to live long, he was so bitter and upset of all the time he spent on his job .... all the opportunities and life that he never had the time to enjoy. But he never got a chance, because he passed away without having any retirement, or another job where he worked normal hours. He passed away leaving a lot of money to his wife, but what good was that.
    You seem like you could get a job anywhere - as dedicated and hard working as you are. So I am happy to see that you are going to start looking for another job. Someone that values you as a person, and wants you to go home and enjoy life.
    Maybe this CEO would understand? And maybe if he realized all that went on in the company he could do something about it? But maybe wait until once you have a new job lined up ... I think I would let him know. It sounds like he might be one that is actually concerned because you work so much.
    Good luck to you -- I wish you the very best, and hope, like others on here, you can find that job that not only fulfills you, but gives you a life outside of work.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,207 Member
    Options
    bcTRAI wrote: »
    I've been struggling getting back in gear since I got sick 3 to 4 weeks ago. I've been having to spend way too much time sitting on the couch. Good news is I have taken the opportunity to begin some meditation again. So here's me being accountable and letting everyone know that, though I'm still not quite 100%, I'm mostly better and ready to start moving more and trimming calories again.

I am the same way. I was sick early Feb, and got out of the habit of going to the gym. It is so hard now to go, and a part of me keeps telling myself that it really doesn't even do any good -- the scale is not changing. But I have to remember how much better I feel when I do go.
    But I think, at least for me, these rainy, gloomy winter days are getting to me. Its hard to stay focused and upbeat. But ..... we also have to keep telling ourselves how happy we will be in 3 months if we keep going! So lets both get back on track!
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    @joan6630 I'm sorry you're going through such a tough time. We are all rooting for you and thinking of you.

The best advice I can offer is what I learnt from my CBT which is that when the going gets tough, you need to take care of yourself and make sure you make time for the things that make you happy.

You probably know best what they are, but some thoughts I have are:
    - Make time for exercise. It fills you with endorphins and is a great mood lifter. You seem to get a lot out of the gym so maybe prioritise that over other things?
    - Time relaxing - bubble baths, reading - anything that gives you comfort. For you it might be the chemo hats?
    - Social support - talking with people that you love - in person on the phone. Might be about talking through your worries - or just talking about other things to distract you!
    - Eating nutritious foods - this is tricky as difficult times tend to push us towards unhealthy foods. But maybe try to actively seek out tasty and healthy foods and make sure you get them? (E.g. healthy yoghurt and fruit for breakfast). If they're sweet and enjoyable, you might not then crave other things! (Or if you do, you're balancing them out...)

Whatever your 'things' are, I'd focus on them - dropping all the other things that you 'should' do - and hopefully they will pull you through this!

Hugs! (I put a hug on your post as well)
  • eshebam
    eshebam Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    31 years old - 5'10'' - 307 lbs

for today - finish the thermos of water before getting more tea
    - no coffee
    - hit the gym
    - healthy dinner to stay in caloric confines!
  • chemjenny
    chemjenny Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    @slittlemeister good for you and your plan to get yourself more life work balance. I know how you feel, my job has been Dumping on me lately. I will be inspired by your plan.

Report 2/22
    Log :) best estimates for the day.
    Walk at work around building twice :'( once, and only to get up and get lunch.
    Cook dinner ( been running at dinner time to activities so it’s been frozen food this week). :) I made something with the leftover ham in the freezer.
    Stand at work during one meeting :/ I stood for a little while, but my leg was hurting, so not too much today.
    Come back tomorrow night and report! :) Is 2days a habit yet?

JFT 2/23
    Enjoy Friday night!
    Log
    Fast til noon
    Leave work at a reasonable time.
    Stand during one meeting

• bcTRAI
    bcTRAI Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    bcTRAI wrote: »
    So here's me being accountable ....
    JFT Friday
    1. Water
    2. Shopping
    3. Laundry
    4. Pool
    5. Subway for Dinner
    6. Brush and floss
    7. Bed by 10:30

Good news on the quilt front. :D Today I managed to fix the backing that was too short and re-pin the borders. It's now in my machine ready for the borders to be quilted. Yahoo!

@joan6630 How is yours coming along? I hope your sewing room is helping.