The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• CatchMom11
    CatchMom11 Posts: 462 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I love how whoever created this thread relegates everyone in their 30's as being "middle aged".....lol...I'm only 33, and I'm far from middle aged. 33 is not middle aged, dog gone it! I'm only 3 years outside of my 20's, for pete's sake. That said, anyone reading this, please feel free to add me!

Notice though, that he specifically referenced "Upper 30's"? I'm 38 this year and unfortunately it's not to far off, if not dead on the money, of being considered "middle-aged".

I called my husband "middle-aged" the other day and he shot me a look that could've burned my soul... "Hey pally, you're almost 42, own it. You're middle-aged!"
  • RebeccaSmith839
    RebeccaSmith839 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi! 39 here. Am starting back into the eating healthier world. Anyone can add me. Need some encouragement and some ideas of what I can do to get this ball rolling in the right direction!
  • CatchMom11
    CatchMom11 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I'm 37, and I've lost 99 lbs since last March. I love to run and will keep my running shoes in my Jeep for any chance I can get to go run. I still have about 25 lbs that I'd like to lose, which is my goal for this year.

Feel free to add me!
  • susansmoaks
    susansmoaks Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I am 38 and committed to working out and eating healthy. Feel free to add me.
  • mistyj7
    mistyj7 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I’m in-need more MFP friends, many of my old ones no longer use this site.
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Options
    Morning lovely middle agers, yes it's finally Friday!!!! :):) I hope each and everyone of you have a fabulous day, now get out there and change the world!!!!!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    BW__NOT wrote: »
    How many days per week do you average working out?

Normally 6.... Saturdays are my "day off" spent running after my two granddaughters. :)
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Got a wonderful snowshoe in yesterday! Beauty of a day with fresh snow on the trails. Curling tonight and tomorrow in a fun bonspiel. :) It's a good upper body workout when you have to SWEEEP!
  • BW__NOT
    BW__NOT Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a great workout!!
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Options
    BW__NOT wrote: »
    How many days per week do you average working out?
    I try to average at least 5-6, sometimes I don't make it though.....Started doing running intervals the other day(I am not a runner)
  • ThisOtherGirl
    ThisOtherGirl Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Okay, I have been doubting about whether or not to admit this here, but I have no clue how to add someone on my MFP, let alone reply to messages! @Versicolour you are lovely though! Thank you very much for your kind words and support!

I have been a regular here for at least 3 months in a row! I log pretty much every single bite and I do it on daily basis! My food logs are unlocked for anyone who would like a little inspiration every now and then! Feel free to add me! And good luck to all of you!
  • fitnsassy911
    fitnsassy911 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me .. back on MFP after a hiatus, looking for motivating friends
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Options
    Okay, I have been doubting about whether or not to admit this here, but I have no clue how to add someone on my MFP, let alone reply to messages! @Versicolour you are lovely though! Thank you very much for your kind words and support!

I have been a regular here for at least 3 months in a row! I log pretty much every single bite and I do it on daily basis! My food logs are unlocked for anyone who would like a little inspiration every now and then! Feel free to add me! And good luck to all of you!
    Click on their name, then click name again and it let's you request friendship or send a message. I hope I got this correct...LOL
    Anyone can feel free to add me as well. I am pretty consistent on here and love to give motivation and inspiration :)
  • OlderGuru
    OlderGuru Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    Started my weight loss journey back in January with a goal of losing 50-60 lbs.
    Looking for friends to exchange tips and experiences.
  • Omnimous69
    Omnimous69 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hey all. I'm pretty new around here. I've only been logging for 29 days now. I'm 37 years old. I started my big lifestyle change on December 1, 2017, when I finally quit sugary drinks and junk food( I was eating the skinny/fat diet...great meal choices, terrible snack choices with fast food sneaking in there too) and then started doing my workout routine about 3 weeks after that. I started at 236 lbs. and am currently at 208.8 lbs. (I just hit a plateau this last week) with my goal being about 180 lbs. give or take (I'll let my body tell me when I'm ready to maintain). I was doing pushups and cardio daily and weights every other day, but have recently changed to doing pushups and weights mon, wed, fri only but going HARD and then weekends to recover fully before starting again the next week, while still doing cardio 7 days a week. It's amazing how much I enjoy that burn at the end of my cardio...I used to hate it so much...now I look forward to it. I don't have any friends on here yet, although my wife is on Myfitnesspal, so I should probably add her at least, lol. Feel free to add me!
  • Full_Fat_Jedi
    Full_Fat_Jedi Posts: 5 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Hi everyone, Ive been using MFP quietly in the background without exploring the social side of it, until now.
    Ive only just started my weight loss journey again, Ive lost about 7lbs out of the 30 or so I need to.

Im following a low carb approach, it works well for me.

Very happy to start making some connections.

And Im 48 next week!
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Options
    Morning Middle Agers :) Hope everyone has a Marvelous Monday!!!
  • ShotokanDragon1976
    ShotokanDragon1976 Posts: 2 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Good Morning!!! I’m LaTryce Anderson. Pleasure to meet you all. Everyone calls me L. I’m married with kids. I have a lot more males friends than female and they treat me like I’m theirs; it seems like several husbands. It’s very funny and I love them all! I recently lost my dad in August. Exactly 3 days after Hurricane Harvey made landfall and changed our lives forever. So, I’m pretty frustrated lately, but I don’t have time for that type of attitude. I have work to do. See, I’ve been an athlete all my life. I’m sure when my parents adopted me in England, they weren’t expecting a tomboy. Lol. My dad took it all in stride; he put me in every sport I was willing to try and I excelled in everything. He even wanted me to go for the Olympics back in the 90s. Maybe I should have; I don’t know. I just know I wasn’t ready back then. Now, I’m 42 and I’m training for the 2020 Summer Olympics in Shotokan Karate. I’m excited and nervous all at the same time. I figured this would be a great way to make new friends, get the encouragement I need, as well as, give encouragement too. I have gained a lot of weight from stress so I’m fasting right now. Then, I’ll add calories slowly so I don’t get sick or rebound on my weight. My goal is to get down below 160. I’m currently 208. Dream Kumite Weight (Fight Weight) is 145. I have a lot of work ahead; I know I can do this. Please don’t be shy. I’m open to what you have to say.

Pleasure to meet you all - whatever our goals, let’s face them head-on!

Add me as a friend - Hugs,
    L.
    [edited by mods]
  • ncherokee9
    ncherokee9 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Just the type of group I need. Hello all!
  • Lyds8585
    Lyds8585 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Im 32 about to be 33 and just had VSG surgery. Lost 115 lbs pre-op and have 230lbs to go before i reach my goal weight. Looking for friends please add me!