WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2018

Options

Replies

• wildhorsewendy
    wildhorsewendy Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Hi Sisters, I have just come in from a long trail ride on my bestie Mani. I rode on a neighbour's hill country farm which is full of steep ups and downs, edge of cliffs, sheep tracks as well as water crossings. I got off and led him up the final hill, which took about 10 or 15 minutes of climbing and it was so hot I drank a full 14oz bottle of water as I climbed it. I did 30 minutes of weights work out this morning and I oiled saddle and bridle after the ride. Am just thinking about taking the dogs for a hill hike now. I think Major and Jock need a turn out.

Michelle, I know I know! No Chocolate is a HUGE change for me and guess what? I'm about to make it three days in a row without even a hot chocolate or a sugar free chocolate. NONE. Don't know how long I can be this strong but so far, so good! I came in famished from my trail ride and I chose to eat veggies: corn, beets and sweet potato. It was a very pretty plate of food! Golden yellow, purple-red and orange.

Katla, I am loving The Good Place. I am still watching season one and am finding the intellectual premise most fascinating. I like to try to guess what way the plot will turn every time the show ends in a dillema.

Machka, sounds like you tried to make good choices at the bakery. I love carrot cake but yep, it is fattening! I am very interested in the educational offer of upgrading your BA that Australia offers. Is it mostly distance extramural classes?

<3 Wendy
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,127 Member
    Options
    Machka, sounds like you tried to make good choices at the bakery. I love carrot cake but yep, it is fattening! I am very interested in the educational offer of upgrading your BA that Australia offers. Is it mostly distance extramural classes?

<3 Wendy

Unfortunately, so far, none of it has been distance education. I'm in an IT program ... you'd think they'd be able to teach us online, but nope. It's all at the university.

However, other universities have distance programs and I keep thinking that maybe one day I'll transfer into one of them.

I'll send you some links when I get back from today's bicycle ride. :)

M in Oz

• coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    4enmbhgonzan.jpg

Elvis is on the left (a Barred Rock), Cogburn on the right (Rhode Island Red), when they were still young. Elvis grew to be pretty large, but Cogburn eventually grew to be fully half again as large as Elvis.

Awe, cute!
    Becca
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,383 Member
    Options
    Mary - I didn't grow up with the orange trees in my backyard. MIL and FIL lived in FL in what used to be an orange grove. So they had trees in their back yard and on the side of their house. whenever we'd go visit them, that's when we'd get the fresh oranges. And some people had grapefruits too

Laura - we ARE a chatty bunch. But that's also part of the beauty of this. We talk about everything (except religion and politics) because everything affects how we eat and sometimes even what we eat. I've found many times that other's give me a different perspective to looking at things

Wendy - Are you knowingly going without chocolate (like giving it up for Lent) or is it just happening and you realize at the end of the day that you haven't had any chocolate?

Michele in NC
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Beautiful Dana!

Becca
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Michele- yes! I did understand where the tree was located. That sounds like a fantastic family time. Great experience :)

<3

Mary from Arizona
  • Machka9
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »

<3 Wendy

Unfortunately, so far, none of it has been distance education. I'm in an IT program ... you'd think they'd be able to teach us online, but nope. It's all at the university.

However, other universities have distance programs and I keep thinking that maybe one day I'll transfer into one of them.

I'll send you some links when I get back from today's bicycle ride. :)

M in Oz

For example ... this is an online graduate certificate from the University of South Queensland. If a postgraduate program has a Graduate Certificate option, chances are the entry requirements will be any Bachelor's degree, not specifically a Bachelor's degree in the area.

So, this one says:

Entry Requirements
    Completion of an Australian university Bachelor degree in any area, or equivalent.
    or
    A minimum of five years’ professional work experience, or equivalent."

... and it goes into a bit more detail than that.

https://www.usq.edu.au/study/degrees/graduate-certificate-of-business/project-management#entry-requirements

Then if you look at the corresponding Master's degree, it says:

Entry Requirements
    Australian university Bachelor degree in the area of business, or equivalent
    plus
    a minimum of two years’ professional work experience, or equivalent.
    Note: USQ’s Graduate Certificate of Business provides a pathway into the Master of Business Administration for students who meet the work experience requirements but do not hold a Graduate Certificate at AQF level 8 or equivalent.

https://www.usq.edu.au/study/degrees/master-of-business-administration/project-management#entry-requirements

So if you have a Bachelor's degree of some sort, then you could get the Grad Certificate ... and then you'd move into the Master's program.

This is just one example from one university. I've checked out about a dozen of them, and they've all got this option in at least a portion of their postgraduate programs. Some are online courses and some aren't.

You might check the universities in NZ to see what they've got. It's possible they have a similar setup. :)

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    Sunday -- a somewhat flatter ride today! :)

Distance: 37.74 km
    Elevation: 315 m (1033 feet)

Moving Time: 1:48:38
    Elapsed Time: 1:54:12
    Speed: Avg: 20.8 km/h | Max: 41.4 km/h