Why Aspartame Isn't Scary

Replies

• dinolan1
    dinolan1 Posts: 10 Member
    I don't use apartame because it makes the inside of my mouth dry and itchy and gives me a migraine. The doctor said I wasn't allergic but to avoid it anyway.
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    ANYTHING could be bad or toxic to ANYONE ;)
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Aztec4Life wrote: »
    Almost ANYTHING is better than refined sugar.

It took 78 pages to go from "aspartame is usually fine" to "sugar is the devil." Nice.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    edited March 2018
    dsboohead wrote: »
    I work in a research based university. People would be shocked how skewed and exaggerated research is achieved.
    The amounts that test samples of those questionable said samples are fed, ingested, injected,etc at levels you and I would never take in. Do your aspartame or sucralose but beware if you are drinking a 12 pak of diet sodas a day or feeding yourself spoonfuls of artificial sweeteners by the bag. Carcinogenic possibly....at ridiculous levels...probable.
    Most of this research is maketing/political movements to bring their own product within a "perceived healthy" standard.
    Look out in the near future....plant based sweeteners could be next. ;)o:)

Methodology and statistical testing selection can really stilt the results!
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Aztec4Life wrote: »
    Almost ANYTHING is better than refined sugar.

It took 78 pages to go from "aspartame is usually fine" to "sugar is the devil." Nice.

That's pretty slow for here, we are really slacking. :smirk:
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    dsboohead wrote: »
    Never accused just spoke of research and how what is read should be with a grain of salt....yes I just pulled 12 bottles of diet soda out of my a**. Using that as an example not as gospel tried and true research! It can all be twisted to benefit someone....the bottom line I say$$$
    If someone wants to find something out...they need to dig.
    How do you know what is flippant accusation and where does experience draw its line.
    Please do not throw the baby out with the bathwater.
    The internet is full of ridiculous accusation and bogus material ....believe it if you like....discard it if you like. It the right of the individual.

I will emphasize "individuals" here because everyone can do what they like with their own thinking, however, science and those who claim to represent the body of evidence do not have such freedoms. Ethical standards for truth mean that they must not overstate what can be supported by the facts. There are too many histrionics in the anti-sweetner camps and statements made that are not supported by evidence. This is not acceptable.

I agree with what you state....and I believe we are in the same camp! I am very cynical in regards to research and my weekly diet root beer will have to be pryed from my cold dead hands.