<3 Barbie

• csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    Heather UK- It is definitely a challenge working in the family business. Just need to vent occasionally. I have been doing it for 20 years, so a lot of practice under my belt. I wish that was all that was under my belt :p Thank you! My paperwork is done for the morning. Time to get ready for work. I love the idea of drinking, but I am not good at it. Love an occasional cosmo or red wine, but just don't do often. I tend to drink more when I am with my Italian sister in law or my sister-hehe! I then try to drink lots of water and have the Tylenol ready! My DH wishes I would drink more, but responsibilities tend to get in the way......Darn, I hate being the responsible one sometimes-hehe. History- my mother is a recovering alcoholic 25 + years. My father died of cancer of the esophagus and cirrhosis of the liver at 52. He was a HEAVY drinker and smoker. None of us kids drinks much......

Allie- I hope their power is restored soon. Change and Alzheimer don't mix well. Glad you are okay.

Gotta get to work-ugh! CHIN UP! Positivity was my word for the month!

<3
    Kylia
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,344 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Joyce - your DH is a keeper even tho he's not the best conversationalist and riding in the car with him can be an effort. He's got a good heart and that's so important. Thank goodness we gals have ways of communicating with each other like this board and with other gals in the same boat whose DH's aren't conversationalists.

Allie - I know you will be SO relieved once your Dad's estate affairs are wrapped up. Thank you for the reminder to us to get this stuff all straightened out NOW so others don't have to slog through it! Hope winter gets finished once and for all for you east coast gals.

Heather and others who are cleaning out houses - I will look into Freecycle. I have boxes of chotchkies and chipped dishes that have been in the family - I don't know who would want them, maybe a craft person? Anyhow I hate to throw them out. Funny story - during the summer, people put large items like lamps and furniture in their driveways with a "free" sign and people drive by and pick them up! Sometimes when things aren't picked up, folks put a $10 price sign on them... then the thieves swoop in and cart the stuff off when they think no one is looking, lol. Sometimes I wish we were on the main road instead of a little private road - I'd plop a lot of stuff in the driveway! My DH is adamant that no one comes to the house as in a garage sale so I need to donate to the charity shop I guess.

Rori
    - your 10:00 snack and chat time is a great idea no matter what shape our DH's are in if we can get them to agree to it, lol. Glad you are diving right into retirement activities!

Kate - I don't blame you for getting antsy when your plans are disrupted, even when it's a good disruption! Your getaway to Spain will be neat!

Michele - I swear, you are the energizer bunny!!! I would be overwhelmed just doing 1/10th of what you are involved in!! I hope things settle down soon and you can calm down - just close your eyes and imagine you are in Florida!

Laura - what an ordeal with your Dad's estate. Glad you got to spend time with the kids in Calgary! Prairie is a doll!

Ginger - (((HUGS)))) heading your way for you and your family.

Lisa - that new rental looks great and you are so right about having broadband internet and other things we depend on handy in an established neighborhood like that.

Wendy - your daughters are gorgeous! Supermodel genes! Those hikes sound like a lot of fun and meeting neat people is a bonus. I think it's neat you are setting a good example for your girls eating healthy and exercising/working hard physically like you do. I bet as they age they'll want to emulate their healthy mom!

Ladies, have you noticed that all of the kids and grandkids and puppies and kitties are all way above average in the cuteness department? Hmmm? Another reason why this is such a special group! <3;)

Dana - Happy Birthday! Have a wonderful day!!

Kylia - my hat is off to anyone who owns or works for a small business. The risk and responsibility is huge!

I'm up early with allergies! Sinus headache. Plenty of sneezing going on yesterday so am more than ready to start allergy shots. Took an aspirin and zyrtec so have the headache on the run.

Have a good Saturday - those of you on daylight savings time, don't forget to "spring" (your clocks) forward tonight! :D

Lanette
    SW WA State
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    Barbara- I had to giggle at firm no! My DH is always insisting and I have to stay firm. His favorite is dessert when eating out. Of course if I don't want any, then he won't order, so it is better for him. Restaurant desserts are so fricken calorie laden, that I prefer to come home to a bite of sweet.
    I too hate this time change. It hurts me for weeks also.
    Kylia heading to work in sunny but cold Ohio

Ps I proof read!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,923 Member
    Options

I'm now reading WHAT I TALK ABOUT WHEN I TALK ABOUT RUNNING by Hari Murakami. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D I have read 10 running books since I started on January 1st. :o:o:o:o And four "Runner's World" magazines.

:)Heather, I am reading "Running Like a Girl" and enjoying it a lot. I don't plan to run but I love reading books about someone's quest to reach a goal and this book is a great one. I was going to recommend Hari Murakami's book to you, but you found it before I had the chance to. I liked it a lot.

<3 Barbie

• KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,830 Member
    Options
    <3
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,347 Member
    Options
    Did an hour of the Melt It Off DVD with the added abs segment. The plan for tomorrow is to do a More Than Mat Pilates DVD

Barbie and Becca - you know that prayers for your dh's are coming from North Carolina.

Speaking of AF - while I'm not AF, I honestly don't drink much at all. I seriously think part of this is because my father owned a tavern and from a young age I saw drunk people, smelled beer, and that's turned me off. Admitted, not totally, but I just don't care for it. It really does nothing for me.

Rori - have a great time on your holiday! How long will we be without your wonderful posts? I'm sure Mars is just loving the fact that you're trying to get extra steps in

Wendy - breathtaking hike. Thanks for sharing those pics

Kate - don't feel guity about being resentful about your brother's MIL. Sometimes I feel the same way about Pete's grandmother -- why is she still alive and my mother was taken when I was so young. His grandmother can be a real nasty person. And I only met her twice. The first time she was decent, but the second time she was really nasty. But then I think of "the good die young" Part of me thinks that she's too nasty to die -- God doesn't want someone in heaven that's that hurtful to others. (sorry for the religious note, please just ignore if you feel the need, I won't be offended)

We bought a generator when we were in PA. We moved it to NC and have never used it. I know Vince was thinking that while we didn't get a lot of snow like in PA, we will probably get ice. But we've been lucky and never had it that bad.

Lynette - we had a lawn mower that didn't work. We live on a dead end in a private development, so there isn't much traffic at all. Do you know that we put the lawn mower out on our lawn with a sign "free" and someone took it??? We didn't expect that. Good luck cleaning things out. I would like to clean out the storage closet in the exercise room, but whenever I want to do it, something always seems to come up. Then I need that room cleaned out some so I can exercise

barbara - Thin Mints..oy You just reminded me that I wanted to get Vince a few boxes of cookies and totally forgot it. Well, that's OK, he has enough as it is. Plus, he got his fill when we were in FL. Recycling is a real joke when we're at the condo. They pick it up about once every two weeks and all 8 cans get filled so fast. The guy who is a custodian there just puts a lot of it in the garbage because of the high winds many times in FL, things would just blow around. I think in the 3 weeks we were down there I only put things in recycling once. There are people who (get this) don't want to have extra cans, they want their recyclables picked up more often. Sometimes that just can't happen so you use extra containers. Oh well....

kylia - so many times I wished that restaurants would have some fresh fruit on the dessert menu. They can have the cakes and pies, but also have a choice of fruit. But, of course, fruit isn't that much of a profit maker. I wouldn't care if they sold an apple for $2 so I could have that and Vince could have his dessert. But so many places don't do that.

Love the time change. Wish we'd stay on DST all the time

Beth - so happy for you having a full house

Everyone is the path of the noreaster, please take care. Hope this next one does go out to sea

Better post this before I forget. Need to make more icing for my class Tues. I know the instructor feels you should make it that day, but I never know what will come up. I want to make two batches of icing, maybe I'll make one today and one tomorrow. I know Monday I'll be busy, I always am on Mondays. Exercise, the bowling, then ceramics, then mahjongg. So there's no way I could do it Monday. Made some thinner (supposed to be that way) and had some left over. I decided to just freeze it and I'll use it this time. She wouldn't like that, so I'm just not going to tell her.

Michele in NC