WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2018

Options

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,650 Member
    Options
    Hi Sisters, wow, my calves are sore this morning from climbing hills with a pack on yesterday! Good sore. But I am up two pounds on the scale. I am believing you Machka, that this will go away and is just from intense exercise.

Kylia, I took photos with my phone which I then sent to my facebook page. I ticked Just Me so only I can see them. From there, I hop on my laptop and open the pics on my facebook page and save them to my desktop where I can find them quickly. Then I open this page on myfitnesspal and hit reply so I've got the empty box. Then I click on the picture icon that shows a circle and a triangle (sun and mountain?) and it gives me the option to search for a photo to insert. I search my desktop, select the photo I want and I think I have to OPEN it and then I can post it on here and it shows up. I dont know how other people do it but I think there are some different ways.

You won't believe it but all of a sudden my husband wants to talk to me. When I got back from my hike he actually wouldn't shut up all evening. LOL. It's like all this stuff has been bottled up inside him for whatever reason and someone pulled the plug and its all coming out at once. I enjoyed it while it lasts, LOL. It wasn't deep conversation for the most part, but he was excited because his friend's horse won a big race. And he'd had a bit to drink. He told me last night that I can stop making queens for the season. He went through hives yesterday and found they were all shutting down for the coming cold season. This will give me a lot more time so I feel happy. So many other things I need to get caught up on! I have got my van booked in next week to get the water leak sorted and find out if it is a cracked head, or head gasket or what. We got a small pay out of the money that is owed to us, enough to fix my van and take care of taxes and other bills, so some of the financial pressure has eased off.

Pip thanks for your sweet comment. I wasn't even sure I wanted to post that picture because I think I am so "bottom heavy" at the moment and ten pounds over where I usually try to be. But really, I should be grateful I have strong sturdy legs that will carry me up mountains and quit wishing they were sticks. LOL Here is a group photo from the hike that the leader sent me. I am squatting down.
    ujujefk05aji.jpg

<3 Wendy

you can buy compression sleeves for your calves, that'll help and up your magnesium intake, I have pills that I buy for that..
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Barbie - You might like Beyond Impossible by Mimi Anderson.
    I'm not taking up ultra running though! :laugh:

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx

PS - I have never, ever had a card for Mother's Day or a birthday card from DOS. Tomorrow is Mother's Day in the UK. Today a card arrived addressed to MY LOVELY MOTHER. Amazing what a new girlfriend can do for a 41 yr old boy! :o:o:D

o:)o:)o:)<3<3<3:D:D:D>:)>:)>:)

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,650 Member
    Options
    ////
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Becca, oh my! How I laughed at your description of your body vs your eating plan! It's so true tho!

Lisa, happy for you that your plans won't be derailed, lucky kids indeed to have grandparents on both sides who will step in and help out. Hugs that your daughter has a safe deployment. Also keeping your son-in-law in mind and that he gets home safe and sound.

Kylia, how nice it is to have a decent day at work! Sorry to hear that working with/for family is such a hassle sometimes. I do agree with you tho, good help is not easy to find these days! It's truly unfortunate when it's someone in the family.

Heather, it really is surprising what a woman can do for our sons! I got cards from my son on Mother's Day, but the year he got a girlfriend (soon to be his wife!) I got a potted plant! (and a card!)

Husbands! Mine goes one way then the other. We will have grand chats, usually not really deep or philosophical, but good ones, but then will go for lengths of time with no talking. It is comfortable silence tho, so we seem to be okay with it. I do find he opens up more when we go for walks, and I do think there is a lot to be said for the side by side thing, nobody has to look at anybody, have to watch where we're going, but can get some good talking done. We still make each other laugh and I think we've reached the point where we don't have to work very hard on our relationship, we can do little things that let the other know we care. I would rather have him do a few little things to make my life/day easier than some grand gesture. Although I wouldn't say no to a nice bouquet of flowers either.. ;)

Today is a work day, not so busy that we're overrun, but just busy enough to keep boredom at bay. Looking forward to quitting time, NOT looking forward to changing the clocks ahead tonite. Sure wish we could just dispense with the whole business. It will be nice going home in the daylight again, but in two weeks or so that would be happening anyway! Have to figure out which of my time display devices will change time automatically so that I can make it my alarm tonite as I have to work tomorrow too. Sure don't want to be late! lol
    Hope everyone has a great day/night!

Evelyn, Vancouver Island