CircleJerkk Posts: 38 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Nvm this,thread is 4 yrs old wtf
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Nvm this,thread is 4 yrs old wtf

It's an ongoing conversation. Perhaps you could start near the latest pages to get to know the participants. Welcome!
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,205 Member
    Options
    Back from the conference. There always seems to be a ton of stuff that piles up when you're out of the office.

Didn't do as bad as I thought on my eating. I only gained four pounds. :smile:
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Damn nachos! Conferences can be fun alright....especially if you actually learn something. Where was it held? What was it about?
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    The conference was in Vegas. Not fond of the city but the food is fantastic. It was the Western Veterinary Conference. I need to get 20 hours of CE every two years to keep my license. It's good to be home but it was good food and good friends while it lasted.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Weather is turning nice but I know it's only a teaser. We aren't out of winter yet. After all, this is Montana.
  • amandastardust89
    amandastardust89 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    New nightshift-er on the thread. Here until 5 am.
  • sylvahiker
    sylvahiker Posts: 588 Member
    Options

Welcome
  • canadjineh
    Options
    sylvahiker wrote: »

Welcome

Hi amandastardust and silvahiker. I'm on shift til 5am, in bed by 6am. @sufferlandrian Vegas is a pretty good spot for conferences and there's always lots of ways to throw in a nice little hike or cycle outside of the city as long as your sessions work around it. I know all about CE yearly requirements. Used to be a Physio Rehab Assistant, and Registered Fitness Instructor at different times in my life. Both career paths require CE's, not quite as often in this job though.
  • amandastardust89
    amandastardust89 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I try to be in bed by 6, as well...but it's so hard to turn my mind off and my husband gets up for work shortly after that. So it takes me longer than I would like to actually get in to restful sleep.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    @amandastardust89 - That's tough when you're going to bed while someone else is getting ready. I know they say don't exercise before bed but I find it's a good way to wind down and let my mind settle. Maybe you could do that while your hubby gets ready to leave.

@canadjineh - Vegas was not good for my diet plan but it was definitely good for my mental health. 5 days not worrying about work was really nice. Unfortunately, not it's back to the grind. Three more months and the new doctor arrives. I'll still be here 110 hours a week but at least I won't be doing the paper work and once she is trained, I'll be down to about 60 hours a week. Yeah!!!! :smile:
  • canadjineh
    Options
    I try to be in bed by 6, as well...but it's so hard to turn my mind off and my husband gets up for work shortly after that. So it takes me longer than I would like to actually get in to restful sleep.

My husband wakes up when I get home and we have a 10 minute visit before I pop in my earplugs and slip on my eyemask and slip into a warm bed while he gets off to work. I take magnesium and GABA when I get home to help calm my mind and get my body ready to sleep. Problem is I also have a day life since I have elderly parents that need some care and transportation to errands and appointments. We try to coordinate those for the afternoons if possible.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Sometimes when I go home, I take the long way just so I can unwind. I commute by bike a lot so it's nice to get away from traffic and just enjoy the countryside. It's been a bit nippy in the morning lately. It's 15 degrees F this morning. Yes, I have studded tires on my bike. :smile:
  • CDAVCROSSFIT
    CDAVCROSSFIT Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    7pm-7am tonight. Shoot me a message if you’d like to help keep me awake with a chat.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    6 PM - 8 AM here. Watching Blazing saddles right now since we are slow. :smile:
  • canadjineh
    edited March 2018
    Options
    @CDAVISCROSSFIT - will be talkin' atcha later... working 9pm - 5 am PDT. Won't be a long chat and somewhat disjointed as I am on patrol and have extra stops to make (new construction company office site that has had a couple break-ins lately). But better something than nothing.

@sufferlandrian, I get to enjoy the commute too as I live out in the country and at the time I am coming home, it's only the milkers headed out to the dairy farms that are tootling along the road. The time change means that it's quite dark again when I head for home - it was just starting to get false dawn at 5:30 am (before last Sunday).
    Looooove Blazing Saddles!
    fkz050zvnn5a.png
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I keep hoping someone will get a petition to stop daylight saving time. It's such a pain to keep changing clocks and getting use to light changes again.
  • ParaKnight
    ParaKnight Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello all... New to the forum and the app but on night shift for over 10 years now...
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    @ParaKnight - Welcome to the forum. It's always good to have more people on here. I've been on overnights for 20 years now. I'm starting to think I was born a vampire. I'm up nights drawing blood. :smile:
  • canadjineh
    Options
    @CDAVISCROSSFIT and the rest of the peeps here.... apologies - i didn't have time to connect on my tablet last night. Major fog and an alarm response call took up all my bits of extra time. I agree we need to ditch the DST, I get horrible jet lag at 'spring ahead.'