Less Alcohol - March 2018- One day at a Time

Options

Replies

• SunnyDays930
    SunnyDays930 Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    @JulieAL1969 I was hesitant to share it as I know many people on our thread do drink in moderation and I am absolutely not trying to preach.....seriously, to each his own, but I found it pretty compelling.
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,177 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    @JenT304 Since this thread is for all stages, I thought it was good to share. I am on the alcohol explained sight that @xcjumper mentioned. I'm reading about relapse. http://www.alcoholexplained.com/additional-content/relapse/

We are all in different places: moderating, quitting, relapsing, etc. It's good to read and view what we each need to reach our goals. My husband is still drinking moderately but everyday because he can handle it, but I can't handle doing that. I don't preach to him at all. I believe like you said, to each his own.

For me, these type of videos and websites keep me motivated. Xo
  • Stepping18
    Stepping18 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Totally been there before. You made the right choice !
  • erikNJ
    erikNJ Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    dbanks80 wrote: »
    Bad weekend on Saturday. It is my bday month. My fellow gym mates and I went out to celebrate and everyone kept buying me drinks and I got wasted!!!! Yep that was my weekend. :#

Well happy birthday!
    Nothing wrong with a little celebration on the weekend. I am sure you are back on track now. Those free ones are the hardest to turn down
  • Alzzi76
    Alzzi76 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    NormInv wrote: »
    My lil awkward win today.....around 5pm started feeling really tired and bored....thought of going to gym but was too uninspired. Decided I need to kill time by drinking.....resisted, debated, fought, gave in.....and finally gave up....got in my car and drove to the liquor store, parked in the lot......then a moment of clarity....if i could only drive away to the next lot, maybe i have time to think, drove to the next lot, parked, and checked my phone.....something said drive away....drove away and came home, made a healthy dinner and took a shower

There... you made it!!.. whoohoo!! WELL DONE!!!
    U must be super proud!! I am :)<3o:)
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    donimfp wrote: »
    Headed to Dulles in a couple of hours. My SIL shocked me by getting us business class tickets. I have never, ever experienced an Atlantic crossing in luxury. Awesome for getting a real night’s sleep. But of course the first thing they do is offer champagne and then wine with dinner. First World “problems,” I know. But I’m working on a strategy right now. My guess is it will end up not only “When in Rome” but also “When on Air France.” I clearly haven’t even begun to master the drinking thing. If this is a school I put myself in the remedial class. At least thanks to this group I’m certain I won’t be the mess I would’ve been before January.

So wonderful to read about you guys getting it together as you turn 40. I missed that boat for sure, but I’m glad you’re on it.

Ciao everyone!!

Enjoy your vacation!
  • SanDiegofitmom
    SanDiegofitmom Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    Morning all! Catching up on the thread - I was saddened to see so much heartbreak. <3 I too tend to drink to numb emotions. Lately though it’s been more the amount of social activities going on. I am looking forward to a dry week, but next week I turn 40 and I’m going to Santa Barbara to celebrate and go wine tasting. I’ll try and be good!

That's exactly what we did for my 40th Birthday - Central Coast! You know, when I taste wine at places like that it's not usually too over the top, unless it really is an all day affair. I was with girl friends who liked to drink wine, but we also like to hike and sight see and do other things as well. We planned out the trip to mix up the wine tastings with other activities, so that it wasn't so out of control, especially since we were driving. So a walk in the morning, then breakfast with a mimosa, then some sight seeing, then lunch, then a winery, then some shopping, then dinner and wine there, or wine when we got back to the hotel. Enjoy!

Nice!! Exactly what I think we will do. We love to hike, bike and play tennis so we’ll mix in lots of healthy fun!
  • SanDiegofitmom
    SanDiegofitmom Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    donimfp wrote: »
    Headed to Dulles in a couple of hours. My SIL shocked me by getting us business class tickets. I have never, ever experienced an Atlantic crossing in luxury. Awesome for getting a real night’s sleep. But of course the first thing they do is offer champagne and then wine with dinner. First World “problems,” I know. But I’m working on a strategy right now. My guess is it will end up not only “When in Rome” but also “When on Air France.” I clearly haven’t even begun to master the drinking thing. If this is a school I put myself in the remedial class. At least thanks to this group I’m certain I won’t be the mess I would’ve been before January.

So wonderful to read about you guys getting it together as you turn 40. I missed that boat for sure, but I’m glad you’re on it.

Ciao everyone!!

Oh my business class amazing! Have so much fun. You definitely have the tools now to enjoy and not overdo it. Maybe try and savor slowly and see how long you can make things last! My problem is always the fast drinking!!
  • ali3boys
    ali3boys Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    NormInv wrote: »
    My lil awkward win today.....around 5pm started feeling really tired and bored....thought of going to gym but was too uninspired. Decided I need to kill time by drinking.....resisted, debated, fought, gave in.....and finally gave up....got in my car and drove to the liquor store, parked in the lot......then a moment of clarity....if i could only drive away to the next lot, maybe i have time to think, drove to the next lot, parked, and checked my phone.....something said drive away....drove away and came home, made a healthy dinner and took a shower

That !!! Gave, me chills. That was awesome. Good for you, what a powerful thing you did.