WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2018

Options

Replies

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,347 Member
    Options
    Did an hour of Prevention Belly Butt and Thigh DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do the Beach Pilates Abs, Bun & Thigh DVD.

Vince got up early to go to the gun show here. Right now I'm trying making this zebra cake. We shall see how it turns out. I would like to go up to Jess' for her birthday, but I have a feeling that Vince doesn't want to, he's hesitating too much. Her birthday is Thursday but she's always asking us to come up there. And since she'll be in St. Kitts for 2 years I thought it would be nice to go up. Plus...I may be able to go to the ceramics place. That's not a real big thing, tho

Lanette - our development is so dark it isn't funny. But when you get to our house..... Wow! What a jean surprise, congrats

M - congrats to you on that loss

Becca - it's good that Lee isn't pushing the pump for pain meds. I remember when I had a hemmerhoidectomy the MD prescribed pain pills for me. I never took them but Vince kept asking me "did you take anything". It got to the point that I was afraid I was hurting myself by not taking them. I called the nurse and she told me that if I can get away with not taking them, that's great. They tend to make you constipated. Not something you want with a hemmerhoidectomy. I remeber I was taking something (mineral spirits?) to keep me loose.

Penny - I use Chrome to get ito MFP and don't have any problem

Went to see the Hobbit last night and I was a bit disappointed. I thought it would be longer. They had kids as the (I think it was ) gremlins and Vince couldn't understand why they used kids.

Two of the layers of the cake just came out of the oven. I'm also trying using these fabric strips around the cake so it doesn't rise in the center. It didn't. Has anyone else ever used them?

Someone at bowling the other night mentioned that she thought I'd enjoy pickleball. I probably would, just not sure where I can fit it in the schedule....lol

It looks like the zebra cake came out decent. I guess we shall see when Vince cuts it open. I'm in the process of decorating it right now. Actually, I'm making a pork applesauce roast and that's in the oven.

Have a question for any baker of cakes (Heather?). One of the layers didn't bake thru. I should have tested it when it first came out of the oven, but I didn't. Can you put that layer back in the oven and will it bake? I have it in the oven right now, just hoping that it'll bake. I'm going to try making a shell border on the bottom. But I think I'll make the icing stiffer than when that instructor told me to. When she kept wanting me to buy that nasty Wilton icing, Vince says that I should have told her that I brough home a cake with both my icing and the Wilton stuff and both my husband and daughter liked mine better (well, they did)

Katie - I've heard so many people say that they like to play Words with Friends. I tried to figure it out and I couldn't!

Becca - you pay $2 for soap????? We have so many bars, Vince can't get over it. I buy it when it's on sale and I have a coupon that they'll double.

Baked that layer. It's still indented in the middle but when I tested it with a toothpick, the toothpick came out clean. The bad thing is that I took the parchment paper off, forgot to put it back on, and some of the cake stuck to the bottom. Don't know why these cake pans make the cake come out more crumbly on the sides. Could it be those things that you put on to keep it from doming (Heather???)

Next I need to steam asparagus and then make the appetizer to take to Rummikub Tuesday.

Michele in NC
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Rita I find it interesting that antihistamines don't interfere with the effectiveness of allergy shots. It's a mystery to me. xo

Karen in Virginia

• csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)<3:)
  • langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Won’t let me load from my phone so will try later