WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2018

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,890 Member
    Options
    deedunbar1 wrote: »
    Hi new to all this. I am 63 and at least 70 lbs over weight. I started on March 17th 2018.My carbs were the hardest to get down.The last 3 days I have had cotton,metallic mouth.

How do I get electrolytes up?

Gatorade has sugar.I drink lots of water and unsweetened ice tea.Sleeping so much better already.Unfortunately gained a pound?I have always been a size 8-10 most of my life and a size 4-6 in my forties.I am not looking to get that small again but getting the excess off will be nice.My energy level is pretty low(strength wise).I am hoping to start to exercise in a few days on my treadmill.I so far today have my carbs down to 8!Trying to stay near 20.Any hints or help will be welcome.I'm keeping my diet simple right now or until I can't eat another egg.Nice to meet everyone here.

The easiest way is to salt your food. The main electrolyte is salt. If you want to add a bit more potassium (another electrolyte) into the mix, then use "half salt" ... it goes by different names, but it is a lower sodium salt which replaces a lot of the salt with potassium.

A couple other electrolytes are calcium and magnesium ... you can get supplements for those.

In fact, you can buy complete electrolyte supplements. I go through several electrolyte pills on a long bicycle ride.

If you're exercising, you can also afford to eat salted almonds (a great source of electrolytes) and dried apricots (another great source of electrolytes, except salt). The combination of those two would certainly increase your electrolytes. And as someone else mentioned ... pickle juice.

Machka in Oz

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,347 Member
    Options
    Rye – kitty is so sweet. Hope it’s just a UTI, probably is. I’m so glad you were able to get to the vet

Went to Rummikub tonight. Had 2 small pieces of cheese, some of these chocolate bites (7 of them were only 170 calories) and a small brownie. Only water to drink. Thought I did fairly well. Wish more people would bring veggies. One lady really liked the cheese spinach tarts I brought. Also had some of the cheese spinach tarts that I made

Moy – welcome!

Becca – glad your pantry is safe! I’m so sorry about your sister. I certainly can understand how you feel

Deedunbar – welcome! Vince drinks the G2 gatorade, it doesn’t have as many calories. No matter what, many many times my carbs are up too. Remember that there are carbs in fruits and veges, too.

Cathy – which brand of pickle juice do you drink? I’ve had it, good for cramps, but in order to swallow it, I need to have a grape or something. I understand that there’s another kind of pickle juice that doesn’t have that same taste. Hope that’s what you have.

Lenora – get well fast

Janetr – ROTF

Michele in NC
  • clowe1028
    clowe1028 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Michelle, sorry, no special brand, I just pour some from whatever pickle jar is in the fridge. Lately I have been getting the kosher dills from Aldi.

Cathy, Arlington, TX
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    B)<3