Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    True Crime is fascinating to me.

Same

My bookshelf looks like I am studying to become a serial killer :#

Also, for those of you that love True Crime, I HIGHLY recommend Mindhunter on Netflix.....the actor that plays Ed Kemper is one of the best I have ever seen of an actor playing a real person......
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Two months ago a serial killer was caught in Toronto and I read a huge article on the case yesterday. I am totally interested to follow this through.

He was a landscaper that was hiding the body parts in planters and such on client's properties!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Two months ago a serial killer was caught in Toronto and I read a huge article on the case yesterday. I am totally interested to follow this through.

He was a landscaper that was hiding the body parts in planters and such on client's properties!

I actually got into a semi-debate with two older customers that were talking about how there was hardly any crime back in the I assume 40s-70s (not sure the exact time frame they were referring too).

There most certainly was but you just didn't have the internet, 24 hour news, & cellphones to help widespread bad cases.

A show that would debunk that would be A Crime To Remember on Investigation Discovery.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options

I actually got into a semi-debate with two older customers that were talking about how there was hardly any crime back in the I assume 40s-70s (not sure the exact time frame they were referring too).

There most certainly was but you just didn't have the internet, 24 hour news, & cellphones to help widespread bad cases.

A show that would debunk that would be A Crime To Remember on Investigation Discovery.

That and things like your local 'flasher' would just be considered a weirdo, now they would be locked up.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »

That and things like your local 'flasher' would just be considered a weirdo, now they would be locked up.

Yeah, we had one of those in my town when I was a kid. The police would throw him in the drunk tank for the night and never took him to court. He was weird, but he never touched anybody. He just wandered around in only a trench coat. My mom called him a nudist wanna be.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    This morning at the gym, I was talking with my trainer and a couple women. One of the women asked me how far I'd come, fitness-wise, so I went looking for an old photo to show her. Man! Sometimes you don't realize!

2011 to today.

5gmwvl581145.jpg

Amazing transformation @quiksylver296!

Agree, you look awesome!
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    I am working from home today due to snowstorm. If we have 2 inches out there I will be shocked. I am totally disappointed. Everyone keeps getting 10 - 12 inches, and I get 2-3. :( I love snow.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    I hope this isn't complaining because I only have 10 days of Lent left. If it is, I am sorry.

My director is on the rampage this week. I feel like something is going on in her personal life that she's taking out on us. Either that or she thought she was going to be able to play our new VP and she can't. Either way, I have to work OT this week to help people who just do not do their jobs. I almost rage quit.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    ME: I got so grumpy at my job yesterday, I guess you could say I officially kicked off a new job search and contacted my hubby's former boss who now works at a different company about a position there. It may or may not pan out, but also it's long past time I made the leap.

I've changed my body and now I have the confidence to change my job.

ALSO ME: Super terrified that no one will hire me. I'm in my 40's and didn't finish college, yet I've made my way quite well in the telecom industry as a marketing and web analyst. Looking to jump into customer onboarding/success manager space.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    ME: I got so grumpy at my job yesterday, I guess you could say I officially kicked off a new job search and contacted my hubby's former boss who now works at a different company about a position there. It may or may not pan out, but also it's long past time I made the leap.

ALSO ME: Super terrified that no one will hire me. I'm in my 40's and didn't finish college, yet I've made my way quite well in the telecom industry as a marketing and web analyst. Looking to jump into customer onboarding/success manager space.

Good luck.
    I actually like my job a lot until the director gets like this. She's lose to retirement age and her mom is ill and I remind myself that I can wait her out instead of quitting.
    :)
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    Most of the time. E I drive and love my F250, but I also have a 1991 Honda Civic hatchback. I drive it once every couple of weeks in the winter and more often when it gets warm. I have driven it every day this week because my truck needs a couple of minor fixes so I parked it for Denni to work on it.
    Today, I noticed it was at half a tank of gas so I filled it up. For $11.00. And for the first time since my birthday. I really need to drive this car all the time when the weather is good.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options

Good luck.
    I actually like my job a lot until the director gets like this. She's lose to retirement age and her mom is ill and I remind myself that I can wait her out instead of quitting.

My boss is fine. I do like most of the people I work with. My company is a HUGE drag and with a recent merger, there's some faces at the merged company I'd never care to interact with again (and I'm sure the feeling is mutual). It's kind of petty, but also a huge stressor in my life and there's just some problems you can't outrun, so it's time to move on.
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    Most of the time. E I drive and love my F250, but I also have a 1991 Honda Civic hatchback. I drive it once every couple of weeks in the winter and more often when it gets warm. I have driven it every day this week because my truck needs a couple of minor fixes so I parked it for Denni to work on it.
    Today, I noticed it was at half a tank of gas so I filled it up. For $11.00. And for the first time since my birthday. I really need to drive this car all the time when the weather is good.

Every time I've been to the states, I'm amazed at how cheap petrol (gas) is. It's astonishing! No wonder enormous cars and trucks are so common.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »

Every time I've been to the states, I'm amazed at how cheap petrol (gas) is. It's astonishing! No wonder enormous cars and trucks are so common.

My F250 has 2 16.5 gallon fuel tanks. My Honda holds 10 gallons total. I drove it to and from work 20 times on 4.5 gallons.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

Good luck.

My boss is fine. I do like most of the people I work with. My company is a HUGE drag and with a recent merger, there's some faces at the merged company I'd never care to interact with again (and I'm sure the feeling is mutual). It's kind of petty, but also a huge stressor in my life and there's just some problems you can't outrun, so it's time to move on.

Literally after I posted this, a friend of mine and manager in another group (same company) all but offered me a new position with more $$ completely with the understanding I may jump ship 6 months to a year. Pretty sure I am gonna take it, suck it up, and leave in a year. I will have a few more marketable skills, which will make me more diverse.

Great news.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options

Good luck.

Literally after I posted this, a friend of mine and manager in another group (same company) all but offered me a new position with more $$ completely with the understanding I may jump ship 6 months to a year. Pretty sure I am gonna take it, suck it up, and leave in a year. I will have a few more marketable skills, which will make me more diverse.

Awesome!

More money & the prospect of learning skills for an even better job=winning.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Confession: I finally logged my food today. Now if I can just stick with it. The Cadbury mini-eggs are winning.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    Confession: I finally logged my food today. Now if I can just stick with it. The Cadbury mini-eggs are winning.

Cadbury mini eggs always win.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

Cadbury mini eggs always win.

I found cookies for Easter to incorporate some of them.

https://www.wincofoods.com/recipes#/15362