How many fruits/vegetables have you had today?

Options
I had 1/2 cup of blueberries, 1 cup of strawberries, 2/3 cup of diced green peas and carrots, 2.5 cups of salad, 2 bananas, 0.5 cup of dried apples with no added sugar, some unsweetened blueberry applesauce, and 4 oz of avacado mashed into a spread.

How much do you have?

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,075 Member
    Options
    Most days somewhere between 10-20 80g servings. Light today due to road trip. I had about a cup or so of fresh salsa/pico de gallo, an extra large baked sweet potato, some spinach, refried beans . . . so far.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10521320/10-a-day-800g-veggie-fruit-challenge-participants-check-in

Just sayin'.
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    1 apple
    1/2 a medium banana
    1/2 cup of lettuce
    8 green beans
    1 fried onion ring (I guess that counts??)
  • DragonHasTheSapphire
    DragonHasTheSapphire Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Cbean08 wrote: »
    1 apple
    1/2 a medium banana
    1/2 cup of lettuce
    8 green beans
    1 fried onion ring (I guess that counts??)

yep the onion ring counts, love those things.
  • lucerorojo
    lucerorojo Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Not much:
    3 sweet peppers
    craisins
    1/2 orange
    collard greens, scallions
  • crabbybrianna
    crabbybrianna Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Most days somewhere between 10-20 80g servings. Light today due to road trip. I had about a cup or so of fresh salsa/pico de gallo, an extra large baked sweet potato, some spinach, refried beans . . . so far.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10521320/10-a-day-800g-veggie-fruit-challenge-participants-check-in

Just sayin'.

Sort of the same for me. I get 10-15 85g servings of fruit and vegetables everyday (except Sundays, that’s my latte/pizza/ice cream day).

Today I had (85g servings of each):

raspberries
    sour cherries
    blood orange
    peach
    carrots
    celery
    onions
    broccoli
    cauliflower
    Brussels sprouts
    green beans
    spinach
    chickpeas
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Some cucumber and a couple handfuls of grapes. I've been really bad about actually tracking the past couple weeks though, so I don't know exactly.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I just got up, but I had this yesterday: 96g cantaloupe, 1 Granny Smith apple, 84g carrot, 80g broccoli, 86g iceberg lettuce. And a little chopped onion in my tuna salad.
  • litoria
    litoria Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Green smoothie: banana, 1 Lebanese cucumber, 3 sticks celery 120 grams spinach, ginger, one orange - 4 serves veg, 2 served fruit
    Snack: pear
    Lunch: lentil dahl, tomatoes, roast veg - 3 serves veg
    Dinner: greek salad (2 serves veg), sweet potato wedges (1 serve veg)
    10 serves veg, 3 serves fruit for the day
  • HDBKLM
    HDBKLM Posts: 466 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    1 cup boiled potato, 40 grams raw cashews, 40 grams dried sour cherries, and a bowl of homemade white bean & spinach soup. Not that you asked but to put that in perspective, the rest is 60 grams of canned tuna and 90 grams of cheese that went with the potato. MFP doesn't give me a lot of calories and I find fat satiating. There's also a glass of wine, which I choose to count as grapes (in my mind, not my diary).
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    On today's menu:

Breakfast: Blueberries, ambrosia apple

Lunch: Beets, cranberries, banana, spinach, kale, 2 small tangelos

Dinner: Onion, green pepper, green beans, peas, scallions, arugula, cucumber
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    That's a lot of fruit.

I had plaintain chips.
  • ap1972
    ap1972 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    So far I've had banana, orange, plums, apple, tomatoes, cucumber, mushrooms and carrot. For dinner I will probably have carrots, sprouts, green beens and peas.
  • mandy220750
    mandy220750 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I have had, banana, Brussel sprouts, carrots, swede, red onions, strawberries, mango, cherries, apple, pineapple, orange.
  • Dani9585
    Dani9585 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Approx. 2/3 of a sweet potato. My digital food scale died last night. Since it's Sunday (and Easter), everything is closed in my town. Today, I'm guessing as best I can and not fretting over my inaccuracies.

Stores will be open tomorrow and I'll be up bright and early to purchase batteries!
  • OliverRaningerVegan
    OliverRaningerVegan Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    salad, fruitjuice,ingwer, berry
  • Liftslikeagoddess
    Liftslikeagoddess Posts: 41 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    2 cups of broccoli, 3 cups of kale, 100g mushrooms, 1 cup of carrots, then a salad that consisted of; red cabbage, lettuce, cucumber, spring onions, more carrot. Some eggplant, onions, 3 baby potatos, banana, green beans, savoy cabbage and sprouts!

I love veggies so much!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Usually 12-15 servings (not counting potatoes or sweet potatoes or more than one serving of beans/lentils). We have a thread where people used to detail servings which was fun, and is the only reason I know my average. Not been active for a while, which is a shame, as I was hoping to talk about gardening there too.

Today? Had a big omelet for Easter brunch with servings of mushrooms (eh, I'll count it), asparagus, and spinach, and some radishes on the side. Probably about 5 servings given amounts. Was going to have strawberries, but ended up being too full, and planning a big Easter dinner with more vegetables too (doing pork instead of lamb, which is weird for me, but it means dinner will also involve apple, and will likely have some more fruit with dessert).

I tend to eat lots of veg always, but have to remember to eat fruit when it's not fresh and in season, although I tend to do a lot with frozen berries.