WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2018

Options

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,707 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies~
    Terri~ Ha Ha Ha I dont have a phonebook anymore lol but thats ok..
    I am going to see if I can find a financial advisor to talk to,to see if I can get some sort of plan together for me to get through this..
    Windy windy last night and we have more snow coming in tomorrow and saterday oh when will it ever end..
    so I havent been able to enjoy my zen den patio..
    I am renting until Oct then I will buy.. but I can buy before that.. I will be getting some money from Tom and then a good chunk of 401k, this is why I want to talk to an advisor, should I take a hit on 401k and just buy the condo outright.. and then just have to deal with the monthly bills , I am still looking into full time work..
    Like I said at my age I dont want to work at something I cant stand just for the insurance...
    Rori~ thanks for the insight timer app, I do have the calm app on my phone.. will definatly use it
    today going with my friend Doris out to lunch to a seafood place, she is taking me out for Christmas present lol
    usually we go shopping , but I will just stop at the senior thrift shop..
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,054 Member
    Options
    Allie it is wise to consult with someone about your finances especially someone versed in the tax consequences of the 401k. AARP also has great info that might be able to help to make decisions concerning what to do.

• MandPal
    MandPal Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome and advice. Easter weekend was a killer and I gained weight. What I have learned throughout my journey is to let it go and go back to my journal when I first started to lose weight and get excited about how great it feels to be in control and how I just feel better. PERIOD!
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    (((Kylia, Allie, Meg, Machka))) Huge hugs and prayers going out for all of you!

Lisa ~ So glad your SnL got home safely and hope your newest adventure will be a great success!

Carol in GA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options
    053cd1pnf482.jpeg
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Joyce: I hope you slept well. :smiley:

Lisa: Hooray! You can go forward with your plans to move and have kept your promise. :star:"Other than that, we're kind of just deciding on the fly - until we get there, we won't even know what we don't know. " You have the perfect attitude for a new adventure. I hope the two of you have a great time and love your new home. :heart:

Janetr: I love the winter poster. :laugh:

Heather: We have lived in our current home for just over 20 years. It hardly seems possible that it has been so long. The idea of packing everything up and moving is more than a little intimidating. I admire your adventurous nature. :star:

Yoga today!!! Yay! I need it.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

"It is not selfish to be happy. It is your highest purpose. Your joy is the greatest contribution you can make to life on the planet. A heart at peace with its owner blesses everyone it touches." ~ Alan Cohen
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options
    ====
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,216 Member
    Options
    Katla - I love simplifying things. I love decluttering and purging. This is a great opportunity. We will not be doing the actual packing and moving. We will pay some big healthy guys to do that for us. :laugh:

Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Sounds like winter is not done with us. 50 degrees today and snow tonight and most the weekend. Talking about 3-5 inches. I want to plant flowers and work in my rock garden.

Machka--Keeping you all in prayer.

Meg__I am so sorry for the stress DD#1 is giving you. I know my DSS kept my DGD away from me for about 6 months after they had lived with us and I saw her everyday. Now he wonders why I do not let myself get close to her or the boys. He tells me it will never happen again, but my heart can not take the chance. I agree about the money in an account for the DGC when they get older.

Wendy-- I think the name Lady is very fitting. Didn't DH questions the sores on her when he was talking to her? Unless it is a car my DH doesn't notice much either.

Joyce--I was also thinking why can't you wear the glove to church?

Take care ladies and know that I am keeping everyone in my prayers. Blessings, Vicki GI NE
  • ljdw99
    ljdw99 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    <3
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,054 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Allie: It appears to me that you are thinking clearly and moving forward in a good way. Yay!!! :flowerforyou:

Kylia: I'm sorry that your friend has cancer, and that it seems to be progressing faster than you had hoped. :broken_heart:

Beth: I'm happy that your older son has improved a bit today. Sending good thoughts. :flowerforyou:

Heather: When we were in the process of moving here we had ownership of both homes for a few months. We hauled things back and forth and kept what we wanted. We sold everything else at the garage sale, including the house. I put a "for sale" sign on the garage, and somebody bought the house. No kidding. Her DH was a lawyer and handled all the legalities for free. We were SOOO lucky. She was highly motivated because her BIL and the family were planning to move in with her. They moved into our house, instead. I don't expect to be that lucky again, but you never know. :bigsmile:

Machka: Thinking of you and sending positive thoughts for your DH.:heart:

DH was having severe tummy troubles and finally went to the doctor. He was diagnosed with wheat intolerance and put on a FODMAP diet. So far, so good. He bought gluten free bread and noodles. We still have the other for me, but I'm mostly following his rules because it is easier than cooking two separate meals. His gluten free noodles are very tasty and have a nice texture.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

One of the most beautiful qualities of true friendship is to understand and to be understood.”
    Lucius Annaeus Seneca
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    Katla - glad your DH found the source of his tummy problems. They are making a lot of very tasty GF food these days.

Was sorry to hear about the dry rot - hopefully will be an easy and inexpensive fix. We had that at our last house, they replaced maybe 4' of sill and it was good to go.

Have your new cleaners come by yet? I ran into a gal at Walmart this morning who does cleaning and will get something arranged with her. Good references and lives close by. Also wish we'd get a week dry spell to get the carpet cleaners in here!

My back is slowly but surely getting better. I think Medicare should send out that Aleve TENS unit to everyone who signs up, lol. It's a lifesaver! Have the chiro appointment tomorrow morning and I'll bet money my sacroiliac will be feeling pretty good before I walk into his office.

Lanette
    Rainy SW WA State