WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2018

Replies

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,474 Member
    Did a cardio Metabolic Interval DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to go to the water class.

Sharon - when Larry's ex said that she was strong in her faith, did you question her about breaking the commandment and how she can justify that? Good for you going to that lawyer. I just hate seeing my friends hurt.

Supposed to go count the collection money for the church, take the deposit to the bank, then go out with a friend of mine. She and I will pick out the menu for the magician show then go to this "wine and design" place where you pick a picture that you paint (they help you because I can't draw a straight line with a ruler) and can drink wine. I'll probably just drink water

Barb - Wet and Forget is this product, you mostly have to buy it on the Internet. I have seen it in Sam's and also found it and something that supposedly is like it at Lowe's. What it is is this liquid that you mix with water and spray it on surfaces that get mold and mildew. Someone on here told me about it. I admit, when I first read it, I thought "no way". But it does work with the rain and does take the mold away. It doesn't work immediately, it might even take a few months to work. But it does take the mold away. We have a railing on our deck and there are all these small places where mold grows. The first year I used a toothbrush and got all the mold off. Let me tell you, that took HOURS and hours. But this stuff you just spray on and then let Mother Nature take its course. It doesn't harm plants/grass.

Lisa - did I miss your birthday???? Hope you had a great day

Karen in VA - is there a type of daffodil that blooms earlier than the rest? I got a plant that is supposed to bloom early, but it isn't blooming yet. Perhaps it needs to wait a few weeks before it blooms. In the meantime, I think planting some daffodil bulbs right in front of the plant will serve the purpose.

Matchka - keeping you and your hubby in my thoughts and prayers

Denise called the other night to tell us how Pete's cousin had a baby who has jaundice. It's getting worse and she's not taking the child to the doctor. I REALLY REALLY wish they'd get transferred just so she can get away from this stupidity and they can have their own marriage. His mother posted something on facebook about "new home new baby". As far as I know, the cousin doesn't own a home, she moved back in with her parents. So what is the mother talking about? I bet she's talking about when Pete and Denise get a home and then have a baby. Well, just glad I live in NC

KJ - I don't like taking meds if I can avoid them. I would much rather exercise and eat healthily. Right now I'm on the Lamictal and Phenobarbitol, but I think the next time I go to see the neurologist if he wants to keep me on the phenobarbitol, I'm going to ask him if we can cut it down and possibly discontinue it since I'm taking such a small amount, it's most likely not doing much at all. But I know that there's no way I can get out of taking the Lamictal. Vince is the same way as your dh about his food. He'd go out to fast food a couple of times a week if I let him, I don't like fast food. Yup, Vince is looking for that magic pill too. You sound so much like me. Recently I've started to like mushrooms and brussel sprouts. I'm eating a lot more veges and different types because I know that they're good for me. Come to think of it, I really can't think of any vege that I don't like. Give MightyLoLo my best next time you talk to her.

pip - only good thought and vibes for Kirby

Heather - how wonderful for you!

Exercised then went to count the collection for the church. After the deposit was made went into Hickory where a I met the gal who is going to be doing the magic show with me, discussed the menu. Then went to Wine & Design where I started a picture of fish that I can put over the breakfast counter down at the condo. I need to go back to finish it. Then went to this one store. They don't have much, but I did get a Christmas ornament for 19 cents and some boxes of mac & cheese to donate which were 30 cents a box. Then home for dinner

Carol - even tho the problem resolved itself, I assume you still had to pay for the house call or did you find that it resolved itself before he came so you were able to cancel the call?

Evelyn - I'm so sorry about you son's wedding invitees. I understand where he's coming from, but at the same time I understand your hesitation.

Trish - puree the bananas, freeze the puree, then have it for "ice cream"? Sometimes I add cocoa to this to give it a chocolate flavor. The bananas sweeten the cocoa.

Mary - congrats

Michele in NC
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,582 Member
    Machka sending continued prayers :heart: and thoughts for healing and strength. Really hope your touring friends can step up and be there for you.

The bad news, absolutely no healthy activity today, CI way over CO. Time for pip's boot. :unamused:
    The good news, our taxes are done and we get modest refunds from all 3! They were complicated by our move from Idaho to Oregon and purchase of energy efficient certified wood stove. Joe was watching (loud) cheesy space monster movies so I closed the door to my office and played a soft, soothing mariachi CD. When I was nearly done with the taxes, he came in and said "I'm getting stress vibes from this room". It is the miracle of my mellowing age that I didn't jump up and shriek "You THINK? I'M DOING THE TAXES!!!" :rage: Instead, I only mildly grumpily agreed, asked for a rain check on his invitation to come out and watch the funny intro, and we parted amicably. :blush: Thank Goodness!

KJ
    "If someone told me ingesting dirt was beneficial . . ." Joe would tell you "geophagy." From Wikipedia: "Bentonite clay is available worldwide as a digestive aid; kaolin is also widely used as a digestive aid and as the base for some medicines. Attapulgite, another type of clay, is an active ingredient in many anti-diarrheal medicines.[7]" Neither of us is ready for it tho' ;) Amen to not deserting every negative friend/family member, but there is a toxicity level that does dictate self-preservation, borders and just letting them go.
    pip always love your smiling pics. Gentle hugs and healing thoughts for Kirby.
    Heather :drinker: EEEEeeeeeeeee! Fingers Xd the chain stops here!
    Katla :heart: the "it is not selfish to be happy..." quote. Thanks!
    Re-Becca ditto what Karen in VA said, your cheerfulness about moving makes me smh. And your cleansing energy, you are like the white tornado! And your humor! Have 3 favorite cashiers and they are both smiley and efficient.
    Wendy you are so right, happiness IS the choice I prefer to make... mostly ;)
    Rita wish I could ride the alien highway along with you. Hope the weather cools a bit and eases your husband's hives.
    Carol, don't you just hate it when machines fix themselves soon as the mechanic arrives? :noway:
    Evelyn could your son's wanting his gran and uncle at the wedding be coming from his bride or her family? Perhaps they don't understand how stressful being in crowds would be for them. Could a smaller celebratory visit with gran and uncle suffice? Of course as mother of the groom, you will need to exercise extreme tact if this is coming from the bride :naughty:
    Vickie GI NE sounds like your work needs summertime help. Any local college student/intern possibilites?
    Trish ditto what Kay said. freeze 'em and put in smoothies... the frozen banana gives an ice cream/milk shake-like texture.
    Barbie so glad to hear of Jake's continuing progress. Glad he's aware of how lucky he is in your care.
    Lenora I've been craving Ice Cream too, and may give in tonight. Hope it satisfies.
    Lanette "Valium is our friend" snorted my tea. Same here for dental procedures, etc. NOT Halcyon, it makes me unable to pee. Delighted to hear your MD recommended a chiropractor, my how times have changed! Hope he is able to realign you with minimal pain for great relief. Some chiros were quacks, milking insurance claims. Newer generation seem more genuine healers, taking a holistic approach, offering exercises and massage to supplement the adjustments, etc. Good luck!
    Terry let those threat-of-surgery-tears flow. And snow on top of it? Nooooo! :noway:
    Suebdew congrats on getting back to the gym! Can only hope the forecasters are as wrong there as they are here. ;)
    Mary con VERY gratulations on the new job. So happy for you. Just the medicine you need after that last toxic one.
    Kim love the Shamrock pup pic.
    Michele, thanks for the Wet&Forget. Joe just treated our roof with MossBGone... hope it takes care of any underlying mildew ;)

Today
    Walk Tumble: no
    Log: yes
    Meditate: no
    Exercises: no, even skipped line dancing
    Steps: 1462 :P
    Still can NOT stop eating. :mask: At least today was AF. Time for pips boot. :astonished:

desismileys_4280.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD.
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Mary congrats on the job

Barbara good for you finishing those taxes—had to laugh about your DH “feeling stresssd” just walking past the room

Happy b-day Lisa I felt the same way about turning 56, too much else going on to focus on that right?

Well, off to work I go, NYKAREN

• KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,847 Member
    Good morning all! Happy Wednesday! Well, I woke up to three inches of snow in my yard. I know, not much compared to those of you still digging out of major snow storms; but still, three inches seems unbearable at this time of year. blech!
    Lanette- If you go see the chiropractor you should ask if the inserts could be the culprit! I would be willing to bet that if they aren't the culprit, they aggravated an already vulnerable nerve. I LOVE your profile pic! Outright laughing this morning! My daycare kids ALWAYS lick the windows in the winter (not so much in summer). I think it is the feel of the cold, or perhaps trying to "taste" the frost or snow on the other side. I used to have alphabet picture cards hanging at their eye level, but I moved them higher up when I saw them licking the "I for ice cream", "G for grape", "W for watermelon"...
    Sharon and Lisa-Your comments made me think a little about my DH's 'Eeyorishness". He wasn't like that when we married. He was always a bit more serious than I; over the years as life has taken it's tolls on us he has become more depressed. Like Lisa, I lost myself for many years (probably about 10-12 years) as I tried to be the wife/mother that I thought he wanted me to be. All that happened was I had a life/home where if I looked at it as an outsider, I saw no sign that I was a part of it. My kids, sure, I was the pta mom, school even coordinator, bake sale lady...you name it. But my personality and spirit was not evident in our lives. My life was turned around by a faulty sump pump. It broke. We didn't have money to get it fixed (we had just had a plumber out twice the week before). I talked to the plumber on the phone, who kindly said it was a pretty easy repair, but could be messy and will be VERY smelly. DH couldn't handle the smell; so I did it myself. THAT was my turning point. DH and I got into some loud and nasty arguments following that; but I found "me" when I fixed that sump pump. The cape was on and "Super Kelly" was determined to take on life and "suck the marrow" from it. I have learned how to take DH's moodiness like water off a duck's back. He has learned to sulk in (mostly) silence. I DO have a toxic relative that, because I was raised right, I am polite to him at family functions if I am forced to sit and talk with him; but other than that, neither DH and I have anything to do with him.
    Mary- Congrats on the new job! How exciting (and inspiring)! I am sure you will be a great science teacher! So much passion!

Well, I guess I better go shovel a bit of the drive and lay some salt. Ugh! I was just wondering, this past weekend, if I should roll up my long runner carpet and put it away....I guess not! Love to you all! ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited April 2018
    Machka Thinking of you and your husband every day

Sharon Yes it is far easier to be fierce on the behalf of others. Pretend you are your best friend, and advocate for her because you love her. (((Hugs)))

Okie Sleep deprivation is nauseating. Ugh.

Mary Congrats! Lucky kids.

Happy Birthday, Lisa! Hope it was a wonderful day.

Barbara "It is the miracle of my mellowing age that I didn't jump up and shriek "You THINK? I'M DOING THE TAXES!!!" :rage:"

I almost spewed coffee out of my nose when I read that. LOLLOL!!!!!
    Karen in VA - is there a type of daffodil that blooms earlier than the rest? I got a plant that is supposed to bloom early, but it isn't blooming yet. Perhaps it needs to wait a few weeks before it blooms. In the meantime, I think planting some daffodil bulbs right in front of the plant will serve the purpose.

Michele in NC

Michele

This is from NC Extension site

https://content.ces.ncsu.edu/spring-flowering-bulbs-trials-in-north-carolina

Very early bloom:

W Ice Follies
    Y February Gold
    Y Gigantic Star

Y* Fortune
    Y* JumblieY Brighton
    Y Golden Harvest
    Y Unsurpassable
    Y Yellow Sun

Brent & Becky's carry the first 3 cultivars listed. https://www.brentandbeckysbulbs.com/inventory/show_list/keyword/narcissus

Paperwhites probably bloom even earlier, but they tend to be smaller/shorter so I don't know if they would suit your purpose.

Karen in Virginia
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,132 Member
    The reason most people fail instead of succeed is that they trade what they want the MOST for what they want at the MOMENT.

2191610q208gshr57.gif
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Happy Wednesday...Hump Day for Many!

Carol in GA