• Sparx_81
    Sparx_81 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    @eponine1984 hoping it's just precaution and nothing too serious! <3
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    cburke8909 wrote: »
    @PastorVincent can't say I love Planet Fitness but I never feel like I wasted $10. 24 hours does not include weekends but still is the best part of their offering. Plenty of machines and equipment but limits on time.(1hour)

This location is 24/7 and they have no limits on treadmills. Probably because they have a gazillion of them (two floors). I intentionally visited at peak use time and a good 1/4 of the treadmills were still open.

Still not sure about it though. I do NOT at all like that you can NOT pay cash, check, or credit card. You HAVE to give them direct access to your checking account.

What? Eff that! I wouldn't join any place I couldn't put on a credit card. I have a thing where I hate direct withdrawals from my checking because I want to make sure I always have enough money in there to cover bills.

That and as @juliet3455 points out they can be a pain to cancel. My plan was to put them on a credit card I was not using and if they played games, I could cancel the credit card and be done with them. I actually had to do that with a company once. I reported them to the credit card company as charging my account without my permission and then had them issue a new card. So the credit card company back charged the bad company (through a chargeback) and issued me a full refund and new card. Shut the problem right down.

Using my checking account cuts that protection right out. A red flag in my book.

I'm not sure I understand why you have a big problem there. Over here, Direct Debits are guaranteed and they must notify you in advance of any changes being made. You do have to notify the bank to cancel a DD, but otherwise it's a pretty standard set-up. They usually come out of the bank on a regular day, so budgeting for them isn't a big issue.

Most companies try and push you to set up a DD for billing - energy companies, phone suppliers etc. You tend to make savings over the year as well.
  • marisap2010
    marisap2010 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    I did not get in my scheduled 3 miles yesterday. It was one of those work days where you just say “seriously?!” to yourself all day and end up with a migraine and early bed time. I’m going to double up tonight and make up the run and do my strength training.

I really want to check out a trail nearby this weekend, but the forecast looks like thunderstorms, so it might be dreadmill all weekend for me. :|
  • vandinem
    vandinem Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Date      Miles      MTD
    -------   -----    -------
    Apr  03     3.7        3.7 
    Apr  06     3.7        7.4 

• PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday @KeepRunningFatboy!
  • cburke8909
    cburke8909 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    just 4 easy miles. Hoping for a big run Saturday.

exercise.png
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    girlinahat wrote: »
    cburke8909 wrote: »
    @PastorVincent can't say I love Planet Fitness but I never feel like I wasted $10. 24 hours does not include weekends but still is the best part of their offering. Plenty of machines and equipment but limits on time.(1hour)

This location is 24/7 and they have no limits on treadmills. Probably because they have a gazillion of them (two floors). I intentionally visited at peak use time and a good 1/4 of the treadmills were still open.

Still not sure about it though. I do NOT at all like that you can NOT pay cash, check, or credit card. You HAVE to give them direct access to your checking account.

What? Eff that! I wouldn't join any place I couldn't put on a credit card. I have a thing where I hate direct withdrawals from my checking because I want to make sure I always have enough money in there to cover bills.

That and as @juliet3455 points out they can be a pain to cancel. My plan was to put them on a credit card I was not using and if they played games, I could cancel the credit card and be done with them. I actually had to do that with a company once. I reported them to the credit card company as charging my account without my permission and then had them issue a new card. So the credit card company back charged the bad company (through a chargeback) and issued me a full refund and new card. Shut the problem right down.

Using my checking account cuts that protection right out. A red flag in my book.

I'm not sure I understand why you have a big problem there. Over here, Direct Debits are guaranteed and they must notify you in advance of any changes being made. You do have to notify the bank to cancel a DD, but otherwise it's a pretty standard set-up. They usually come out of the bank on a regular day, so budgeting for them isn't a big issue.

Most companies try and push you to set up a DD for billing - energy companies, phone suppliers etc. You tend to make savings over the year as well.

Oh, I pay many bills that way, but over here ALL of the gyms are massively scammy when it comes to ending your membership. There are at any time 100s of complaints filed against them. So I would prefer to isolate them to limit the fighting I would have to do. I would just go to another gym, but literally, all of them have this issue.
  • mustb60
    mustb60 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    April Running Challenge
    Goal: 80 km
    Done: 10/80 km

6/4/18 Run 2.5 km Walk 7 km
    5/4/18 Run 2 km Walk 7 km SL A
    4/4/18 Run 3.5 km walk 7 km
    3/4/18 Run 2 km SL B
  • Teerai
    Teerai Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    1HK2m8.png

5O2Km8.png

• girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    zerlinna87 wrote: »
    So... Tomorrow I'm running a 10k for my dad. He was supposed to run/walk it but is in the hospital. I've only trained for my 5k using c25k, and I still have a week left until I'm done with that. I used to actually be an avid runner, so I've ran this 10k before. What should my strategy be? I was thinking since I'm almost done with c25k I should try running for 10 min and walking for 1 minute to give myself rest. I just don't want to injure myself, since I haven't run a long distance in awhile.

sorry your dad can't be with you.

I would probably add in more rest as you have done most of c25k but not done 10k in a while - what about run 8minutes walk for 2?
  • apricotqueen1
    apricotqueen1 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Finally got a gorgeous afternoon and springtime weather for a nice run!
    Today, I went for a small 5.1 km, bringing me to 19.2.

80.8 to go to reach my goal of 100 for the month!
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    alc649 wrote: »
    4/5/18- 2 mile run outside, my first mile was 14:30 which is my fastest mile outside so far :) was supposed to do strength training too but didn't get to it. might do it tonight.

Great job!
  • AmyOutOfControl
    AmyOutOfControl Posts: 1,425 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    4/1 = rest day...sort of (moving day)
    4/2 = 9.5 miles
    4/3 = Vinyasa yoga class and 3.5 miles
    4/4 = 3 dreadmill Miles and 20 minutes strength training
    4/5 = travel for work
    4/6 = travel for work

I have been at a work conference this week. All eating out, open bar networking events, and no exercise. Ugh.

Thank god I go home today. I get home at 8-9 pm and have to get up a 4am Saturday to drive to a half marathon. LOL. I am going to be sleep running tomorrow.

April mileage goal = 125 miles / April miles complete = 16 miles
  • zerlinna87
    zerlinna87 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    @girlinahat That sounds like a great plan. Thanks for the input. We'll see how it goes.