April 2018 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    @7lenny7 and @MNLittleFinn - You two got this! You will rock that little course like it was a walk in the park... a really big and muddy park, but still! :smiley:
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,237 Member
    Skipped out on the billion mph winds and hit the TM again. Probably tomorrow too because I think we’re getting snow or something ridiculous? I don’t live in Canada. Where is spring?

3 miles today. 8 MTD.

3/4 days according to plan.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,116 Member
    April Goal: 110 miles

4/1: 6.2 miles
    4/3: 4.6 miles
    4/4: 4.0 miles (intervals)

14.8/110 miles completed

I ran my intervals today and got 4 miles done. It was pretty tough but at least the wind wasn't as bad today as it was yesterday.

exercise.png

• firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Did a final hill session before Brighton with my PT yesterday. Getting so much better at them now, even managed to get 9th overall (3rd this year) on one (on Strava).

Goal 100km
    01.04.2018 16km
    04.04.2018 3.2km

Total 19.2km
  • simcon1
    simcon1 Posts: 209 Member
    Getting a late start here, but I’m in! I closed out March at 72 & change, 12 mi above my goal of 60, so I’ll go ahead and shoot for 70. Might be a little tough because I’m going to have less time for long weekend runs due to travel, but I’ll give it a whirl. Really I’d just like to be at 20+ mi/week consistently at this point.

I just got back from a super busy work trip on Monday morning—ended up with about 4 hours of sleep so I didn’t run until yesterday. And I had eaten all the yummy food in San Francisco (crab cake crepes! Korean ribs! Cream puffs! Chinese egg tarts! And more!) So I’m feeling a little roly poly, but 4 lovely miles yesterday and 3.1 today puts me back on track. It’s such a great feeling to get those runs in after I haven’t been able to.

So, current stats: 7.1 mi/70 mi goal
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    HonuNui wrote: »
    4/3 moped (anniversary of Steve's death)

:heart: Hugs. Was just musing about the run yesterday.
  • Wen2Run
    Wen2Run Posts: 62 Member
    So my aim most months this year have been to beat last years monthly mileage. So... I have a huge 40 miles to run this month.
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,820 Member
    7lenny7 wrote: »
    ETA:
    Eric's 100M starts at 8am Friday, April 13th.
    My 50M starts at 12:01 AM on Saturday, April 24th (midnight)
    I'm volunteering at an aid station for 7 hours Friday afternoon and evening. The aid station set up is such that I should see Erik 2 to 4 times during my volunteer shift so I can harass him cheer him on. Hopefully we'll meet on the trail Saturday as well.
    You run a week later?
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,022 Member
    Hrm. 27mph steady winds here, with showers and snow. Probably not a run outside kind of day.

Ah come on, that's good for building mental toughness! (... says the girl who is working from her balcony today because SPRING)
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Hrm. 27mph steady winds here, with showers and snow. Probably not a run outside kind of day.

Ah come on, that's good for building mental toughness! (... says the girl who is working from her balcony today because SPRING)

Ha! Yeah, sure... but I did TEN MILES on a dreadmill. I think that proves my "mental toughness" :tongue:
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member

Ha! Yeah, sure... but I did TEN MILES on a dreadmill. I think that proves my "mental toughness" :tongue:

Definitely! I'm one of those people who actually don't mind the treadmill, but ten miles is my limit.
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,022 Member

You win! The treadmill would've been harder for me.
  • alc649
    alc649 Posts: 467 Member
    4/1- rest
    4/2-rest
    4/3-2.5 miles
    4/4-1.7 miles on elliptical (crosstraining day)