4/2-chest/back/legs
    4/3-2.5 miles
    4/5-5.5 miles

17/75 miles
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Just dropping this for the Trail-Ultra runners who need an excuse to cross into Canada.

https://www.mec.ca/en/article/19-canadian-trail-races-to-add-to-your-bucket-list?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=organic_social&utm_campaign=run&utm_term=community&utm_content=19_bucket_list_trail_races

In my opinion they are missing a few - @jessicamcb would probably agree.
    Emperor's Challenge should definitely be on the list along with the Golden 3 day event.
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    juliet3455 wrote: »

All 3 of the Canadian ultras I want are on the list.
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    juliet3455 wrote: »
    Just dropping this for the Trail-Ultra runners who need an excuse to cross into Canada.

https://www.mec.ca/en/article/19-canadian-trail-races-to-add-to-your-bucket-list?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=organic_social&utm_campaign=run&utm_term=community&utm_content=19_bucket_list_trail_races

In my opinion they are missing a few - @jessicamcb would probably agree.
    Emperor's Challenge should definitely be on the list along with the Golden 3 day event.

Some of the BC ones look fun. I'm always looking for excuses to go home ;)

Currently having breakfast in my hotel room watching the snow come down...
  • MobyCarp
    MobyCarp Posts: 2,927 Member
    Options
    April Running Totals (miles)
    4/1 – 6.21 easy
    4/2 – rest day
    4/3 – 6.35 easy to MP
    4/4 – unscheduled rest day – wind storm
    4/5 – 8.39 easy with snow showers
    4/6 – 4.01 easy

April running total to date – 24.96

Nominal April mileage goal: 130 miles

Real goals: Arrive at Hopkinton healthy. Get to Boyleston Street under my own power. Recover well.

Today's notes – Friday is my normal rest day, but I had that unplanned rest day on Wednesday. So I went out for an easy 4 after breakfast, and was proud of myself for bringing it in very close to 4 miles. 12 miles tomorrow will come in right around the weekly mileage goal.

I did get to run in snow showers this morning, second day in a row. Today it was sticking to the north-south roads; there were spots where it would have been beneficial to be wearing trail shoes. But I persevered, got the run in, and felt good. I'm still ignoring the snow cover on the cooler parts of my driveway; this late in the season, it has to be Job's snow. ("The Lord giveth, the Lord taketh away. Blessed be the Name of the Lord.")

2018 races:
    February 17, 2018 Freezeroo #5 (Valentines Run "In Memory of Tom Brannon" 8 Mile) (Greece, NY) finished in 54:48
    February 24, 2018 Freezeroo #6 (White House Challenge 4.4 mile) (Webster, NY) finished in 28:46
    March 17, 2018 USATF Masters 8K (Shamrock 8K, Virginia Beach, VA) finished in 31:55
    March 24, 2018 Spring Forward 15K (Mendon, NY) ran at MP, finished in 1:10:47
    April 16, 2018 Boston Marathon (Hopkinton, MA)
    April 29, 2018 USATF Masters 10K (James Joyce Ramble, Dedham, MA)

• PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    alc649 wrote: »
    4/5/18- 2 mile run outside, my first mile was 14:30 which is my fastest mile outside so far :) was supposed to do strength training too but didn't get to it. might do it tonight.

W00T! Congrats!
  • MobyCarp
    MobyCarp Posts: 2,927 Member
    Options
    So they canceled the rain for my races tomorrow. :) I am very much appreciative of that!

94lt6m8f6q0n.png

9 AM start for the 5k, then 9:45 AM start for the 10k. I might have to run the 5k twice or stand around for 20 mins :)

Think of it as an interval workout: 4800m at interval pace, 200m at rep pace, 20 minutes recovery, 10K at threshold pace.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    So they canceled the rain for my races tomorrow. :) I am very much appreciative of that!

94lt6m8f6q0n.png

9 AM start for the 5k, then 9:45 AM start for the 10k. I might have to run the 5k twice or stand around for 20 mins :)

You are planning to run the 5K hard, right? I know for me, when temps are below 40, regulating my body temp after an anaerobic run is always an issue. There is no way that I could stop running between the races. I would definitely have to plan on doing a recovery jog between the races. I am not sure if this is a common problem or an issue specific to me though. I thought that I recall that you might have had a similar issue after another recent race, which is why I brought it up.

Good luck on your races!!! :)

• zerlinna87
    zerlinna87 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    @PastorVincent I like that plan too. I haven't run a full 10k in awhile, but I'm feeling pretty strong. I think I can run a good portion of it. It's a pretty easy course. I'll let you guys know how it goes tomorrow!
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    @zerlinna87 just take it easy and enjoy it. You'll do great!
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    4/1 - REST
    4/2 - 5.19 (trail)
    4/3 - 3.39
    4/4 - 5.38 (trail)
    4/5 - 4

My usual Friday morning Body Pump class was cancelled. The original instructor quit, and they haven't filled all her classes yet. Was kind of bummed, but got a decent incline treadmill walk in. Wasn't too happy with my calories burned for the day, so banged out a super fast 3 miles to give me a good buffer. Glad I went out when I did, because it's a STUPID SLOSHY SNOWY MESS NOW. FFS STOP IT.

• BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    4/1 - REST
    4/2 - 5.19 (trail)
    4/3 - 3.39
    4/4 - 5.38 (trail)
    4/5 - 4

My usual Friday morning Body Pump class was cancelled. The original instructor quit, and they haven't filled all her classes yet. Was kind of bummed, but got a decent incline treadmill walk in. Wasn't too happy with my calories burned for the day, so banged out a super fast 3 miles to give me a good buffer. Glad I went out when I did, because it's a STUPID SLOSHY SNOWY MESS NOW. FFS STOP IT.

It's snowing here in MA and I am seriously fed up with it. Retirement to the Carolinas is looking more and more appealing.
  • alc649
    alc649 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I'm numb. I'm not ready to say I have the C-word yet, but I'm dropping all kinds of f-bombs here.

Blood work today, CT scans Monday, ultrasounds Tuesday, surgery Wednesday. Our goal is to avoid chemo. Avoid surgery, there's still a 50% chance I'll need it, but the kind I need is generally tolerated well and I shouldn't lose my hair. Since I keep hitting the unlucky lottery, I'm mentally preparing to need the other option.

I'm under doctors orders to run everyday until my surgery. (My sister is a doctor and told me to run. While she's not MY doctor, she is A doctor so it counts). Dragged my husband to the gym with me so I could run on the treadmill while he hit the weights to work out some frustration. 1.5 miles run for me today.

April goals:
    Get cleared to run again - done
    Run 20 miles - 2.5/20 (subject to revision)

Praying for you girl. I can't imagine how tough this must be.
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    4/1 - 4/8 ADK vacation, no running!

So today is our last day of our ADK vacation! I didn't do any running, but we spent each morning hiking. Some hikes were fairly short and others were upwards of 6 miles. My legs burned climbing some of the mountains and my quads felt it on the descents for sure!

I'm a little worried about how I'll feel running on Monday, but I'm ready to get back into it!

My April goal is 125 miles. I'm starting up level three of half marathon training just to keep myself in shape for the summer.

Time to catch up on 300+ posts!

3/18/2018 Shamrock half marathon
    3/24/2018 Don't Sit on Colon Cancer 5K

10/7/2018 Crawlin Crab half marathon
    10/13/2018 Joggin for Frogmen 5K
    11/18/2018 Norfolk Harbor half marathon
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    4/1 - REST
    4/2 - 5.19 (trail)
    4/3 - 3.39
    4/4 - 5.38 (trail)
    4/5 - 4

It's snowing here in MA and I am seriously fed up with it. Retirement to the Carolinas is looking more and more appealing.

And here I was this morning complaining about 90 degrees and next weeks possibly 100s.