April 2018 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Sparx_81
    Sparx_81 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I'm numb. I'm not ready to say I have the C-word yet, but I'm dropping all kinds of f-bombs here.

Blood work today, CT scans Monday, ultrasounds Tuesday, surgery Wednesday. Our goal is to avoid chemo. Avoid surgery, there's still a 50% chance I'll need it, but the kind I need is generally tolerated well and I shouldn't lose my hair. Since I keep hitting the unlucky lottery, I'm mentally preparing to need the other option.

I'm under doctors orders to run everyday until my surgery. (My sister is a doctor and told me to run. While she's not MY doctor, she is A doctor so it counts). Dragged my husband to the gym with me so I could run on the treadmill while he hit the weights to work out some frustration. 1.5 miles run for me today.

April goals:
    Get cleared to run again - done
    Run 20 miles - 2.5/20 (subject to revision)

Holy *kitten*.... I'm so sorry you are going through this! Really hoping that there's a happy ending soon for you!
  • cburke8909
    cburke8909 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    @eponine1984 keep plugging away we're all rooting for you.
    @PastorVincent keep in mind your judgement was compromised last time. You might benefit from a support person who you'll listen to when they say eat.
    Running this afternoon myself just a long run no race
    Good luck to all the racers this weekend.
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    An easy 5 last night after work to try out some new running shoes (which I'll be sending back... far too narrow!) and 10 easy today with my 7 am running crew.

Now to catch up on..... 10 pages of posts?!?! OooOOoooOps.

4/1: 7 miles
    4/2: 4.1 miles
    4/3: 6.7 miles
    4/4: Rest day
    4/5: Lazy day
    4/6: 5.2 miles
    4/7: 10 miles

April miles: 33
    Goal miles: 100

Upcoming Races:
    April 29: New Jersey Marathon 4-person relay
    May 20: Watershed 10k trail race

• marisap2010
    marisap2010 Posts: 909 Member
    Options

4/1: 2.5 miles
    4/2: 3.1 miles
    4/3: ST, walk 1 mile
    4/6: ST, 3 miles
    4/7: 3.5 miles

Total Running for April: 12.1/60

3.5 in my neighborhood between rain showers.

Upcoming Races:
    Phoenix Rising 5k 4/21
    Wineglass Marathon 9/30
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    @eponine1984 With down there an up. Remember the positive. You have access to good medical care, it's caught early, it's rare.

Don't worry until there's some to worry about. You can plan, but not worry. That's a waste of time, energy and emotions.

((Hugs))

Thoughts/prayers that answers come quick and are good/manageable.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    8 am and 75 degrees out already. Gotta start getting up earlier to run on weekends. Refusing to tirn the ac on yet.
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    @zerlinna87 Awesome!
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    3.65 miles today. Month total is now 8! Woo!

I plan to go out again tomorrow but at least an hour earlier. I also think I need a couple more running shorts for the summer. I have 3. I think at least 5 would be sufficient. Otherwise, I have to do laundry twice a week. I hate laundry LOL
  • alc649
    alc649 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    1 rest
    4/2 rest
    4/3 2.5 miles treadmill
    4/4 1.7 miles on elliptical (cross training)
    4/5 2 miles outside
    4/6 1.13 miles outside (was supposed to be rest day but had to run..was freaking out)
    4/7 scheduled to do 50 mins of cross training probably do stationary bike
    4/8 scheduled to do a 4 mile run

Have a great weekend fellow runners ☺
  • weat0043
    weat0043 Posts: 172 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    @eponine1984 I can not imagine what you must be going through. Stay tough, you got this! <3

Congrats to everyone running this weekend. I haven't gone out since the 1st, we decided to gut our ONLY bathroom last week while we were off... Finally on the home stretch, should be done in a few days!

ETA @sarahthes that is what we have been dealing with all week over in Ontario! It was -16C the other night and we just got another dump of snow :(
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    zerlinna87 wrote: »
    So I think things went pretty well on my 10k today, considering I'm not quite done with my c25k plan. My legs are sore, though. I ran most of it, with a few walking breaks. All of my splits were under 12 minutes, and a couple were under 11. Whoot! I'll update my tracker later.

Most excellent! Congrats!