New products that caught your eyes recently?

Replies

• lalee115
    lalee115 Posts: 185 Member
    hgycta wrote: »
    lalee115 wrote: »
    Ok, I figured out why these lower calorie ice cream pints are so expensive.

It's because if they were cheap, we would buy and eat them all!

I tried the Skinny Cow Rocky Road today. I portioned out half the container, ate it ... and went back for the other half! (Good thing I worked out before hand). The chocolate base was really good and creamy - much better than icy Halo Top. The marshmallows didn't add much. No flavor to them, and only occasionally noticed for the consistency change. But the nuts were crunchy and didn't taste weird like some frozen nuts can. Will definitely buy this one again!

Does anyone have a recommendation for a sherbert option? I know HT has one, but I haven't heard good things so I never tried it.

However, I don't think it's completely fair to compare apples to apples because they're also not pints if you notice. instead of 4 - 1/2 cup servings there's 3.5 - 1/2 cup servings.

Yes, I am aware of that sad fact. But it really doesn't bother me. It's not enough difference that I'm eating it and think I really miss those last few spoonfuls. Plus, as for calories, it's 370 for the container vs 400 for the pint of Enlightened peanut butter chocolate chip I still have. So I don't feel like I'm being tricked into getting less for more, I guess. And I'd rather eat it than a lower- calorie full pint of HT (I know I compare the two a lot, but that's where my experience lies lol) But I do understand your point.

As for sherbert, honestly I LOVED Halo Top's version! If you liked those rainbow Flinstones push pops as a kid it tastes nearly identical to this.

Oh my gosh, I loved those as a kid! Maybe I'll give it a shot next time they are on sale. Thanks!
  • ncgirl8
    ncgirl8 Posts: 82 Member
    6jl1o8woc72h.png
    Thank you for recommending these!! I tried the cotton candy and the pina colada. LOVEEEE the cotton candy! And WOW the pina colada was really, really good as well! Almost had a creamy texture to it. I want to try the sour heads one.

I tried the Sour Patch caffeine free. Never, again. Really not my taste. Might try the caffeinated Cotton Candy (they were out of the CF version), but...no more CF for me, unless I find it for free. Then, maybe. :)
  • ncgirl8
    If anyone here doesn’t have the Safeway app I suggest you download it and see if you also have this coupon! I DEFINITELY wasn’t expecting to see this!!!
    t55iadxhbo92.png

Did they up the calorie count on the Mint Chocolate Chip? Their site says 80 - I guess it's only 10 calories, but darn it, this slow-small-increase with these brands is pushing me further away!
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    edited May 2018
    ncgirl8 wrote: »
    If anyone here doesn’t have the Safeway app I suggest you download it and see if you also have this coupon! I DEFINITELY wasn’t expecting to see this!!!
    t55iadxhbo92.png

Did they up the calorie count on the Mint Chocolate Chip? Their site says 80 - I guess it's only 10 calories, but darn it, this slow-small-increase with these brands is pushing me further away!

I actually thought it used to be 90 but it decreased to 80... same with the butter pecan pint, which went down 10 calories a serving! Safeway is probably using an outdated picture :p

Also, I haven’t seen Enlightened’s Triple chocolate flavor recently, I hope they’re still making it! I tried Skinny Cow’s chocolate cake flavor and it was just as chocolatey, but I’m disappointed - the name made me think there was going to be cake pieces inside but it didn’t have any :’(
    ysxvq5w2yttz.jpeg
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,492 Member
    8e7d6krw557p.png
    w953zzwp37w8.png

I saw these at the store today, has anyone tried them yet? Wondering if they are any good and how they compare to the clif zbar and regular clif bar "nut butter filled" bars.
  • ashley52601
    ashley52601 Posts: 42 Member
    edited May 2018
    8e7d6krw557p.png
    w953zzwp37w8.png

I saw these at the store today, has anyone tried them yet? Wondering if they are any good and how they compare to the clif zbar and regular clif bar "nut butter filled" bars.

I really liked these bars actually. I thought they were way better than ther cliff zbars and if I'm remembering correctly, better than the filled regular cliff bar although, due to the high calorie count of the regular bars I only tried them once a long time ago. I got one of these Luna Rica bars for free and ended up buying a bunch more. I liked that these ones were separated into 4 pieces so I was easily able to break off one or two for a small treat. The pb and almond ones are better than the salted caramel in my opinion .
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    t55iadxhbo92.png

I actually thought it used to be 90 but it decreased to 80... same with the butter pecan pint, which went down 10 calories a serving! Safeway is probably using an outdated picture :p

Also, I haven’t seen Enlightened’s Triple chocolate flavor recently, I hope they’re still making it! I tried Skinny Cow’s chocolate cake flavor and it was just as chocolatey, but I’m disappointed - the name made me think there was going to be cake pieces inside but it didn’t have any :’(

Giant might still carry the Triple Chocolate. I haven't bought ice cream there for awhile so they may have changed it out.

I did see on Junk Banter that Enlightened had discontinued the Pina Colada flavor.
  • hgycta
    t55iadxhbo92.png

Giant might still carry the Triple Chocolate. I haven't bought ice cream there for awhile so they may have changed it out.

I did see on Junk Banter that Enlightened had discontinued the Pina Colada flavor.

Pina Colada tasted like sunscreen and was their only truly awful flavor (not crazy about snickerdoodle, but it’s still not as disgusting). As long as triple chocolate is out there somewhere! It was one of my first pints by the company that got me hooked haha
  • RollTideHusker
    RollTideHusker Posts: 231 Member
    8e7d6krw557p.png
    w953zzwp37w8.png

I’ve tried one flavor of these, but don’t remember. I thought it was just ok. I prefer the Luna Protein and regular Luna Bars instead.
    Rica compared to Clif- personally I think the Clif bars are pretty gross. I can’t get over the texture of them. So I’d choose Rica over Cliff.
  • hgycta
    I saw these in Wegmans and spent a little over $3 on each carton. I got vanilla and regular, but decided to try vanilla today. It’s disgusting and I don’t recommend it at all! I even let my dad have a sip and he hated it. It’s not worth driving back to Wegmans to return so I’m hoping one of my friends will take the other off my hands... yuck!
    6ghhodo1par2.jpeg
  • Noreenmarie1234
    edited May 2018
    These aren’t new but they have been my favorite cereal for the past few weeks. Wegmans name brand is way better than Golden Grahams version and they have a wonderful honey coating on them. Only 1.50 a box so you can’t best the price. I’m thinking of adding marshmallows and chocolate chips to make my own s’mores cereal because I like the graham base better than any other s’mores cereal I’ve had. Weg,ams brand cereals are all great, wish they’d make more. zknossuud3j0.jpeg
    cfcc23hphd8g.jpeg
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,713 Member
    These aren’t new but they have been my favorite cereal for the past few weeks. Wegmans name brand is way better than Golden Grahams version and they have a wonderful honey coating on them. Only 1.50 a box so you can’t best the price. I’m thinking of adding marshmallows and chocolate chips to make my own s’mores cereal because I like the graham base better than any other s’mores cereal I’ve had. Weg,ams brand cereals are all great, wish they’d make more. zknossuud3j0.jpeg
    cfcc23hphd8g.jpeg

I don't have a Wegman's but just curious. What's the serving size for those calories and sodium?
  • Noreenmarie1234
    glassyo wrote: »
    cfcc23hphd8g.jpeg

I don't have a Wegman's but just curious. What's the serving size for those calories and sodium?

1cup (42g)

I like that wegmans cereals show the nutrition facts based on 1c-1.25c servings instead of the 3/4c or 2/3c some other brands do because I always eat at least a cup at once, lol.
  • HealthyAndSober2018
    HealthyAndSober2018 Posts: 25 Member
    LOVE this new Tillamook coffee yogurt. I can only find it at Safeway. It's 160 calories per 150g container and has 11g of protein.

https://www.tillamook.com/products/yogurt/farmstyle-greek/stumptown-cold-brew-coffee-whole-milk-farmstyle-greek.html
  • hgycta
    LOVE this new Tillamook coffee yogurt. I can only find it at Safeway. It's 160 calories per 150g container and has 11g of protein.

https://www.tillamook.com/products/yogurt/farmstyle-greek/stumptown-cold-brew-coffee-whole-milk-farmstyle-greek.html

NOOOO! I LOVE stumptown cold brew coffee (I buy it all the time at Target) but I was literally JUST at Safeway for that free pint of Enlightened, I wish I had seen this beforehand so I could've checked for it! :(

@ncgirl8 the selection of Enlightened was pretty chosen over so they didn't have much left, but they had both mint chocolate chip pints out go figure. I saw one 320 calorie mint pint (which I got) and three 360 calorie pints. I'm 99% sure the newer one is the 320 calorie pint, though. On myfitnesspal I had the 360 calorie one logged from a year ago, whereas the 320 calorie one wasn't in my recents. Halo Top seems to be focused on enhancing its flavor/texture causing some pints to go up in calories (like the Sea Salt Caramel and the Chocolate pints) but Enlightened is generally more concerned with actually reducing the calories of their pints... they know what customers really care about I suppose!
  • ncgirl8
    [quote=

@ncgirl8 the selection of Enlightened was pretty chosen over so they didn't have much left, but they had both mint chocolate chip pints out go figure. I saw one 320 calorie mint pint (which I got) and three 360 calorie pints. I'm 99% sure the newer one is the 320 calorie pint, though. On myfitnesspal I had the 360 calorie one logged from a year ago, whereas the 320 calorie one wasn't in my recents. Halo Top seems to be focused on enhancing its flavor/texture causing some pints to go up in calories (like the Sea Salt Caramel and the Chocolate pints) but Enlightened is generally more concerned with actually reducing the calories of their pints... they know what customers really care about I suppose! [/quote]

Thanks for the info!
  • glassyo
    I heard back from Lenny & Larry. I'm on my tablet so, in a nutshell, if the email address provided when signing up didn't match the Facebook email address they used when reaching out, the order was automatically cancelled.
  • glassyo
    cfcc23hphd8g.jpeg

1cup (42g)

I like that wegmans cereals show the nutrition facts based on 1c-1.25c servings instead of the 3/4c or 2/3c some other brands do because I always eat at least a cup at once, lol.

Ok that matches up more to a regular 28 gram serving size.

I soooooo miss the days I'd just pour cereal in a bowl, pour some milk in, if there was milk leftover when eating the cereal, pour more cereal in... :)
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member

NOOOO! I LOVE stumptown cold brew coffee (I buy it all the time at Target) but I was literally JUST at Safeway for that free pint of Enlightened, I wish I had seen this beforehand so I could've checked for it! :(

@ncgirl8 the selection of Enlightened was pretty chosen over so they didn't have much left, but they had both mint chocolate chip pints out go figure. I saw one 320 calorie mint pint (which I got) and three 360 calorie pints. I'm 99% sure the newer one is the 320 calorie pint, though. On myfitnesspal I had the 360 calorie one logged from a year ago, whereas the 320 calorie one wasn't in my recents. Halo Top seems to be focused on enhancing its flavor/texture causing some pints to go up in calories (like the Sea Salt Caramel and the Chocolate pints) but Enlightened is generally more concerned with actually reducing the calories of their pints... they know what customers really care about I suppose!

I've noticed Halo Top is doing that as well, but not really with the calorie counts. A lot of the pints seem to now be 64 grams per serving.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    I heard back from Lenny & Larry. I'm on my tablet so, in a nutshell, if the email address provided when signing up didn't match the Facebook email address they used when reaching out, the order was automatically cancelled.

I got that email too. It makes sense though, if that link was only supposed to be used for a giveaway.