40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Replies

• 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    edited April 2018
    Hi guys, been awhile since I checked in.

@caramelgirlk @Beeps2011 I'm still here. Haven't really checked in for a while, gave up trying to catch up after a few pages since I'm 270 threads behind!

Same old here. We don't get kettlebell as often as I'd like. Need to refocus and up my weights during the resistance portion of kettlebell.

Was really looking forward to getting outside and hiking or at least long walks with the kids, but currently we're having a weekend ice storm!

I love my kickboxing but without steady kettlebell I feel like in losing ground, clothes fit ok and I'm steady on weight 137-139 lbs, as usual I'd like to get down to 135, but as usual, my sweet tooth is my undoing. Hoping to cut my daily mocha starting this week and I didn't bake this weekend.

Starting to research for our trip to Cost Rica next winter and I've booked a night at a B&B in July for our anniversary and going to book a night around Niagara for the kids and I in July to go hiking.

Keep meaning to get to hot yoga on Sundays, but never seem to get out the door. Going to set my alarm a bit early and see if I can find a yoga video to do before work.

@caramelgirlk I've been having issues syncing my fitbit lately.
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Hey kids, hope all is well. It was 90 degrees yesterday and then 50 and very cold today. Ugh ho figure. I got a walk in. 3Furballs glad you dropped in, miss ya. I guess Larro is MIA again..lol. Have a great night kids.
  • libbymajewski
    libbymajewski Posts: 3 Member
    Hi everyone, I’m new here. Hoping to get my act together and get on track with better eating & exercise. I’m planning on going to kickboxing tomorrow. Any other kickboxers here? Great workout, not easy!
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    "22 Minute Hard Corps: Cold Start/ Resistance 3"=Done!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    @Beeps2011 Amazing what a bit of yoga can do to us. We need it, but man oh man, one can hurt afterward. Good on you to keep going.
    Yes, I am running outside and it is freaking cold! I too hate where I live at the moment. We just got another shitload of snow overnight and still more falling.

I did get a great 4 hour snowshoe hike in yesterday. It was cold and windy, but we were a bit protected in the bush. At the top of the mountains, the wind was so strong!
    Here is a picture of an ice wall we came upon on our hike. Gorgeous!

nroeku5wt2of.jpg
  • sdereski
    Not sure why it loads sideways. But you get the picture. :)
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    edited April 2018
    @sdereski , nice picture!

My reducing sugar week has not started well. Crapy cold wet weather so I got my mocha after walking here and then I remembered the jubjubes in my desk.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,927 Member
    I love the sideways photo, sdereski, lol.

Hi caramel! Hi 3furballs!

I am going to a cardio class after work, today.

I ate a salad at lunch (dressing on the side - only dipped my fork in twice!) and also a piece of salmon.
  • sdereski
    3furballs wrote: »
    @sdereski , nice picture!

My reducing sugar week has not started well. Crapy cold wet weather so I got my mocha after walking here and then I remembered the jubjubes in my desk.

Those darn jubjubes! ;)
  • gam3rguy
    "22 Minute Hard Corps: Cold Start/ Cardio 3 & Special Ops: Core"=Done!
  • sdereski
    Got a good walk in the snowy weather yesterday. 8.97km. 4 slips and 1 wipe out. No injuries. :)
  • gam3rguy
    "22 Minute Hard Corps: Resistance 2"=Done!
  • markleeming
    markleeming Posts: 65 Member
    Hey 40+ peeps! Looking for any buddies to help me get on this! I've got a last 16lbs to go but this bit seems tough! Please feel free to add me!!
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    sdereski wrote: »
    5.5 mile run yesterday. Roads were clear enough to run on again.
    No slips. No falls. :)

I like the slip & fall reporting. Important data: mileage, pace, weather, wipe-outs. :)
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,927 Member
    great photos larrodarro!

Yesterday, I did get my lifting done. And had my Mother's Day celebration with my 3 kids....oldest kid is going on band-tour next week and won't be around for Mama's Day. We had fun playing away the afternoon at a board-games cafe! Oldest and I could enjoy a glass of wine and the younger two made due with slurpee-style concoctions.

So, my "eating" was NOT on-plan yesterday, due to the "surprise" mother's day....but, I am fine and even though my tummy kind of hurt afterward, I'll be okay.

Back to protein and veggies ONLY, today!
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    I've been in audit for the bulk of last week, but should be finished by Friday, so I'll be back on track this weekend. Still hitting my loss goals, but not keeping up with lifting or running and suffering for it.