40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Greetings kids, hope all is well. Love all of the photos. Our group totally rock. Gam3rguy, you are due to post some action photos. Welcome back Larro and 3furballs. I couldn't get out of the bed this morning and decided to take a hot evening Pilates class instead. I wish I didn't get bored so easily. Off to have a glass of wine. Good night kids.
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    30 minutes on the bike. I was going at a pretty good clip, except when I had to take a call from an employee. “Are you OK? I can hear you breathing.” I slowed up a bit at that point.
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "22 Minute Hard Corps: Cold Start/ Cardio 2 & Special Ops: Core"=Done!
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Been working crazy hours to get to the US tax filing deadline of April 17. I've done little for sux weeks but work eat work sleep a little and work. Sitting too much and little to no exercise. Ugh. Starting over. ..
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    And still lots of work to do. Just less deadline pressure
  • caramelgyrlk
    Options
    Good day kids, TRX and Bootcamp done. Have a great day ahead.
  • kmrj62
    kmrj62 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join the group. In Houston, Texas suburb. I'm also doing a HealthyWager.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    Gam3rguy, you are due to post some action photos.

I've been having trouble posting pics. :s

maybe it's my phone and it'll work from the computer?

• Iron_Muscle_
    Iron_Muscle_ Posts: 5,095 Member
    Options
    We are the cool kids right.
  • __TMac__
    Options
    7x400 on the treadmill, then bolted home for a video call. Threw on a sweater over my workout tank, brushed my hair, and almost looked work-appropriate. Almost. :)
    Been working crazy hours to get to the US tax filing deadline of April 17. I've done little for sux weeks but work eat work sleep a little and work. Sitting too much and little to no exercise. Ugh. Starting over. ..

Happy End-of-Tax-Season!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "22 Minute Hard Corps: Cold Start/ Resistance 3"=Done!
  • caramelgyrlk
    Options
    Happy Friday kids. Honeybadger love the photos. Full body weights today. Welcome newbies. Have a great day kids.
  • __TMac__
    Options
    Made an attempt at strength training today, but it was pretty lame. I need a plan. I will research this weekend. My goals are injury prevention for running and general fitness.

Also rowed 20 minutes.
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,718 Member
    Options
    Needed a quick workout this morning. We did "20 hard minutes" - sprints interspersed with casualty drag, weighted carries and pushing the prowler. On a 50 second cycle - 24 rounds takes 20 minutes. You know it was intense - no one was talking at the end.
  • tam8374
    tam8374 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 45 and I will soon be getting a gastric sleeve to help reduce my bmi. Obesity is something that my mothers side of the family has fought with for generations. I lost my mother in 2008 from cancer of the throat due to being bulimic since she was 16 and I didn't even have a clue. I have never done anything like that, but honestly, I can see the appeal and yet coming from a medical background I have always known what the dangerous ways of trying to get "skinny" can do to your body.

When I started at the end of last month I was at 275. I am currently at 260 and will keep on working on it. According to the surgeon, the surgery outcome could be that I would go down by half my current weight. I haven't been at that weight since high school. My reason for going this route is that I want to be healthy. I want to be able to go hiking for miles or get back into horseback riding on long trails. Just being active and getting the most out of life. I want to be alive when my children have kids. I want to finish my novel.

So I have a lot of goals, and I love to encourage others and be a friend. So feel free to add me. Thank you

Hi, I'm Tammy, I'm 43 and having sleeve surgery on April 30th. I could use friends who have gone through the process..

I also started this journey with a weight of 260.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "22 Minute Hard Corps: Cold Start/ Cardio 3 & Special Ops: Core"=Done!
  • __TMac__
    Options
    4m on the bike path. Then frolicking at the park with the pooch. So far, a great weekend!