April 2018 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    noblsheep wrote: »
    @7lenny7 @MNLittleFinn @PastorVincent Shoulda known y'all would say that! Thanks for the support and encouragement! Will try to remember it when I'm tired and muddy. :smiley:

Just looked up last year's route, a third of it was on stone steps. Hmm. Seeing lots of stairs in my future.

Honestly, with the amount of time you have it will be no big deal at all. On one of the FB groups I'm on, a person is signed up for a fall 50k who has only done HM distance so far. With proper training it's not a problem at all.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    @RunsOnEspresso @HonuNui @sarahthes I would love to run on a volcano. Hubby might get a business trip to Hawaii and I told him that I'm tagging along if that happens so I can run on a volcano. Of course, he watches too much Hawaii Five-0 and things I'm going to find a bunch of dead bodies, or worse. I told him I would risk it.

@noblsheep A 30k trail race sounds completely reasonable to me (I'm eyeing a 30k in November, so I fully support that craziness). You can come run steps with me at Red Rocks, which is something I'm aiming to incorporate into my weekly training.
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    Date Miles today - Miles for April

4/1 10 miles - 10
    4/2 REST DAY
    4/3 6.2 miles - 16.2
    4/4 REST DAY
    4/5 4.5 miles - 20.7
    4/6 REST DAY
    4/7 13.1 miles - 33.8
    4/8 REST DAY
    4/9 REST DAY
    4/10 7 miles - 40.8
    4/11 REST DAY
    4/12 7 miles - 47.8
    4/13 REST DAY
    4/14 REST DAY/BAD WEATHER
    4/15 10 miles - 57.8
    4/16 REST DAY
    4/17 8 miles - 65.8
    4/18 REST DAY
    4/19 8 miles - 73.8

Races this year
    Oak Barrel Half Marathon - 4/7/18 -- 1:47:24

Upcoming races:
    None at the moment

• noblsheep
    noblsheep Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    @noblsheep A 30k trail race sounds completely reasonable to me (I'm eyeing a 30k in November, so I fully support that craziness). You can come run steps with me at Red Rocks, which is something I'm aiming to incorporate into my weekly training.

I'll be there! (figuratively) Seriously though, steps are supposed to be really useful. How much climbing do you plan on doing?
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    MobyCarp wrote: »
    Quick drive-by report on the Boston Marathon:

The temperature was good. The wind was not a problem. The water in the air caused me (and many others) serious problems. I was undertrained, which couldn't be helped, but I think I managed the race pretty well for my conditioning.

It was a brutal day for volunteers and spectators, not so bad while running, serious risk of hypothermia when you stop running. Along about Heartbreak Hill, I realized if I stopped running I probably wouldn't start again; so I made myself run the whole thing, except for a port-a-pot break at about 12.4 miles.

Didn't get the goodie bag. Post-finish priorities were medal, heat shield, and get back to the hotel for a hot shower.

Understatement!! Fantastic, @MobyCarp , simply fantastic!

@Elise4270 I'm SO happy you've been cleared to run!!!
    @polskagirl01 you're doing great, as everyone has said. The taper does magical things and you'll be ready on race day.
    @skippygirlsmom that is terrific news about Skip!!! Congrats to her, very well deserved!
    happy birthday, @kgirlhart !!

• greyparks206
    greyparks206 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    kgirlhart wrote: »
    @greyparks206 Good luck on your first 5K! I can't wait to read all about it!

Thank you!

• cburke8909
    cburke8909 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    Another 10 accidentally paused my run and lost a mile on my watch.

exercise.png

• kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,980 Member
    Options
    Thanks @7lenny7 ! I love that picture of Kody!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    7lenny7 wrote: »
    One of the first things I did after I got home from Zumbro is send Kody outside looking for Spring. I think he found it. Upper 40's today, followed by a few days in the 50's, and finally 60's by Monday. I'll be so bold as to predict we're done with snow until fall.

It snowed here TODAY in Pittsburgh, so you might want to hold off on that prediction just yet :)
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    7lenny7 wrote: »
    One of the first things I did after I got home from Zumbro is send Kody outside looking for Spring. I think he found it. Upper 40's today, followed by a few days in the 50's, and finally 60's by Monday. I'll be so bold as to predict we're done with snow until fall.

It snowed here TODAY in Pittsburgh, so you might want to hold off on that prediction just yet :)

"We" being those of us here in the Minneapolis area, not those of us here in this thread.