WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2018

Options

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,369 Member
    Options
    Tere - Thank you so much for the kind words. I do hope that the book will help people.
    I would love you to say that very thing on the Amazon review when you have finished it. <3
    Love Heather UK XXXXXX
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)<3:)
  • allisonlane161
    allisonlane161 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Good morning from cold NJ. Is there room for one more 50+ here? I've done MFP off and on for many years...reached my goal weight at Weight Watchers a few weeks ago, but for me calorie counting is a bit more effective at this weight. Still going to WW and will be at Lifetime, but calorie counter (along with beans) at heart.
    ps. I would only be here for four more years, having reached the fabulous age of 56!
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Good morning Ladies -

Machka - Hugs! Prayers continue for your peace of mind and for continued healing for your hub. Like the others have mentioned, I can't even imagine what you are dealing with and going through. I was just wondering this morning how you were doing with the panic attacks when I saw your post. I am glad you were able to return to your workplace but so very sorry that you are having to find a new normal that is so very different.

As suspected, my weight gain was water from flying, eating more sodium, etc. With this mornings weigh in I am actually .8 below the bottom of my threshold. While that doesn't overly worry me, it does give me a little pause. I am at the very lower end of a healthy BMI (not that BMI is the end all, but my Dr's office does still use it along with waist measurements). It would only take me dropping 4 more lbs to fall into the underweight category. The hubs is not going to make it home again this weekend so I won't be eating out again this weekend. I tend to hermit when he is gone and I'm sure I will this weekend as well. Yesterday I "did the lawn". Four hours on the riding mower and blowing off all the hard surfaces. I need to get out there and hose down/scrub all the outdoor furniture but I don't think the nasty yellow pollen is done yet. I will wait on that or I will just have to do it again in a couple/few weeks.

Rebecca - Hang in there on the cholesterol and triglycerides. Exercising and eating "right" most of the time may help. As Barbie said, if it is hereditary, they aren't going to go down much regardless of what you do. Keep doing what you are doing and focus on overall health. You've got this!

Heather - Glad you had a good time and your difficult friend wasn't too difficult. Safe travels.

Tink - I don't have a lot of recipe ideas for you, but I also did 1200ish calories for most of my weight loss. I am not terribly hungry in the mornings so my breakfast tends to be only yogurt (which I am eating now). My lunch during the week is almost always a huge green salad with turkey and red wine vinegar as my dressing. I have another serving of yogurt (toasted marshmallow while they have it and then caramel or vanilla with Jif peanut powder mixed in when the limited run of marshmallow goes away) and use it as a dip with apple slices for desert. Dinner is a 4 oz (usually) portion of protein (chicken breast, shrimp, pork, extra lean beef) and a bunch of veggies. I eat a daily banana to keep leg cramps away and often a fiber one bar of some kind because I love them. I also eat a 100 calorie portion of popcorn almost every evening as a snack. My hub eats whatever I cook for dinner, he just gets a bigger portion of protein than I do and often less veggies. I will also add cheese to a lot of his meals that I don't put cheese on. I will often make a frittata one night each week with one egg and the rest egg whites and tons of veggies, some feta cheese and whatever leftover meat I have from the week. This is normally Thursday nights dinner. We have zoodles (zucchini noodles) often also with marinara, veggies and whatever protein I throw in there. Another staple is fried "rice" made with cauliflower rice. Again, egg whites and whatever veg and protein I have. This is another one that I use up leftover protein in. We eat a lot of wilted spinach because we both love it. It also goes in the frittata and the pasta when I make them. I almost always have grilled chicken breast, smoked chicken breast, grilled shrimp, smoked shrimp and grilled sausage portioned and frozen ready to go. I grab a bag of protein and thaw it during the day to make dinner that night. Sorry to be so long winded.

I better get off my butt and get my miles in. Sitting in the recliner with my feet up is not closing my rings on my watch!

Okie in the TX Hill Country who is off to a VERY lazy start to the day
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,369 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    One more pic
    bipfn1vuh5jv.jpg
    The middle one is my difficult friend.
    Heather UK XXXXXX
    Another friend was taking the picture
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Ah, Heather, I'm sorry... so many fragile links in the chains there.
  • Lagopus
    Lagopus Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Got home to find out that our buyer's buyer has pulled out. :s:'(:( Expletives.

Heather UK XXXXXX
    Oh dear... Very sorry to hear that!
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Got home to find out that our buyer's buyer has pulled out. :s:'(:( Expletives.

Heather UK XXXXXX

What a pain, so sorry, our house buying system in this country really sucks :'(:'(
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Barbara - Thank you for your kind words.

Heather - Oh no! I'm so sorry!!

Okie
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,970 Member
    Options
    Some desert spring Flowers. The stick-looking one is called a cochilla and the daisy-looking one is supposed to be sage brush.

RV rita in New Mexico