WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2018

Options

Replies

• TrishasTime
    TrishasTime Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone

Machka I have done 6 stints in ICU but in a Perth hospital and then was moved to a ortho ward. They had a strict downtime between 1pm and 3pm. However I had a single room (due to the issues) as the head doctor allowed my husband to come and go. It may be worth asking.

Rebecca - Love the picture

My tenants moved out of our rental yesterday and have left a mess, so we are going up there today to wash walls, clean blinds, stoves etc. Hubby is going to repaint the laundry. When I get home - I will need to log into work at 8am as we are updating the system.

Happy weekend everyone

Trish from OZ
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,730 Member
    Options
    Spoke with the financial advisor.and I will be ok .but after 10 yrs all the bets are off. But will not worry about that now..
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    [

Lanette: I also take 5000 units of D3 daily. I started many years ago at a lower dose and increased to 5000 a couple of years ago. The information coming out of Alzheimers research prompted me to up my dose. 5000 IU is thought to be a suitably protective level. I got that information from OHSU a few years ago but couldn't find it there again more recently. The series of programs that you shared was a godsend. They were so informative and full of strategies and hope, that I now feel more confident, better in general, and possibly even smarter. I also participate in yoga several times a week as well as other physical activities including horseback riding. :star::heart: :star:

[
    Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.
    C. S. Lewis

Katla - Yes, that Broken Brain series was a winner. I especially liked Bredesen's information about vitamins (I now take CoQ10 as well as the D B) ) and doing the IF (intermittent fasting) - 12 hours between the night meal and breakfast and not eating 3 hours before bedtime (not always successful but at least I'm aware) and of course cutting way back on that ole demon sugar. I think he also mentions eliminating gluten? I have to dig out my notes.

Pip - after I posted about the B vitamins, I realized I haven't been taking my B12 supplements! :s - lozenges under the tongue. I try to take them 3 days a week. Does Kirby have the neurologist appointment set up? You might have posted about it and I whipped past it. :# .

Lenora - good luck with that colonoscopy! Hope everything works out for you this time. I imagine they've done an abdominal ultrasound? Not that it would show what you need to know. That hospital sounds like a twisted maze. Ours is too - it's a little one but a person almost needs a guide to even find the cafeteria.

Beth - good luck on all of your tests - it will be great to have them behind you.

I told my Chiropractor he was the son I never had today. I love being an old lady! I can say all kinds of things like that and no one takes offense or thinks I'm hitting on them, lol. >:) I feel pretty darn good, I think he got my energy channels all aligned.

OK kids, time to get back to watching Endeavour! I hate it because I'm now on Season 4 and that's the last one on Acorn TV. I think Season 5 is now broadcast in the UK? I'm "in love" with Thursday, lol. Reminds me of one of my favorite bosses.

Lanette
    SW WA State
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,362 Member
    Options
    Did 1 hr of 20-40-60 minute workout on treadmill. The plan for tomorrow is to do the I Want That Body DVD.

Went to this place, Clines Antiques, with the Newcomers. It was nice, but to be honest, I probably won’t go back. I didn’t think their prices were all that great. And they had a lot of junk too. I did get this end-table type of thing for down at the condo. They went to lunch at this place Something Farm Fresh or some name like that. I was expecting fresh veges. Wrong! The green beans were canned, the lima beans were canned, and I’ve never in my life had such a disgusting biscuit. So I just ate my grilled chicken and had water to drink. When we got back ran to WalMart for a few things (since we were at the WalMart parking lot), then another gal and I went to Big Lots. Came home and had dinner, now here. My girlfriend is going to hang onto the “end table” and take it down to the condo when she goes in June.

Lisa – safe travels. You’ll have to change your name on here, too. So glad you made it to Mississippi

MrsTyll – welcome! Or should I say welcome back?

Margaret – my feeling is if someone needs to have their handicapped plac always on their rearview mirror – then they truly are handicapped (and I don’t mean medically)

Machka – glad your husband is making progress.

Karen in VA – that’s good news that a test for CRC isn’t recommended after age 75. Never knew that, but it’s good to know

Vince was going to start taking the leaves out of the pool and run the filter for the pool, only when he went to run it, one of the intake valves completely broke apart. He ordered a new one which should be here Sunday.

Becca – glad you got your bracelet back on!

Rye – love seeing pics of Kidd. He’s so cute!

Tracie – hey there! Thanks for popping in. Pop in more often.

Wonder how Joyce is doing?

Michele in NC
  • teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Rye...good to hear from you. And good luck healing up to both you and your kitty.

Betsy in NW Washington
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    lhscapil wrote: »
    Becca - is that photo Deception Pass? Sounds like you are settling in just fine! So happy for you!

Lanette
    Rainy and windy SW WA State where I'm glad it's not 20 degrees cooler or we'd be having a blizzard!

Yep!
  • coastalgosgal
    edited April 2018
    Options
  • coastalgosgal
    Options
    Ok I was going to post a pic of my dear husbands scar, but the pic was huge!!
  • KarenUK56
    KarenUK56 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    lhscapil wrote: »
    Katla49 wrote: »
    [

Lanette: I also take 5000 units of D3 daily. I started many years ago at a lower dose and increased to 5000 a couple of years ago. The information coming out of Alzheimers research prompted me to up my dose. 5000 IU is thought to be a suitably protective level. I got that information from OHSU a few years ago but couldn't find it there again more recently. The series of programs that you shared was a godsend. They were so informative and full of strategies and hope, that I now feel more confident, better in general, and possibly even smarter. I also participate in yoga several times a week as well as other physical activities including horseback riding. :star::heart: :star:

[
    Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.
    C. S. Lewis

Katla - Yes, that Broken Brain series was a winner. I especially liked Bredesen's information about vitamins (I now take CoQ10 as well as the D B) ) and doing the IF (intermittent fasting) - 12 hours between the night meal and breakfast and not eating 3 hours before bedtime (not always successful but at least I'm aware) and of course cutting way back on that ole demon sugar. I think he also mentions eliminating gluten? I have to dig out my notes.

Pip - after I posted about the B vitamins, I realized I haven't been taking my B12 supplements! :s - lozenges under the tongue. I try to take them 3 days a week. Does Kirby have the neurologist appointment set up? You might have posted about it and I whipped past it. :# .

Lenora - good luck with that colonoscopy! Hope everything works out for you this time. I imagine they've done an abdominal ultrasound? Not that it would show what you need to know. That hospital sounds like a twisted maze. Ours is too - it's a little one but a person almost needs a guide to even find the cafeteria.

Beth - good luck on all of your tests - it will be great to have them behind you.

I told my Chiropractor he was the son I never had today. I love being an old lady! I can say all kinds of things like that and no one takes offense or thinks I'm hitting on them, lol. >:) I feel pretty darn good, I think he got my energy channels all aligned.

OK kids, time to get back to watching Endeavour! I hate it because I'm now on Season 4 and that's the last one on Acorn TV. I think Season 5 is now broadcast in the UK? I'm "in love" with Thursday, lol. Reminds me of one of my favorite bosses.

Lanette
    SW WA State

Lanette:- Fred Thursday is my favourite character too! Proper old school British copper!!