WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2018

Options

Replies

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    It is my understanding that one of the reasons soy sauce is often OK for people on a low FODMAP diet is because the beans are already fermented and broken down during the process of making the soy sauce. Not much left that is fermentable. On the other hand, highly gluten sensitive people have to be careful because, as already mentioned, soy sauce usually contains wheat.

Karen in Virginia
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,712 Member
    Options
    401k yes will be getting most of that..and a 50,000 cash settlement but lawyer will take hers right off the top..have to figure out how to strategize buying the condo and living with what I make and how to afford insurance and how to.make the 401k grow so that I can maybe afford to retire in 10 yrs.
  • langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Allie, glad you are feeling better.

Kim, ouch!

Lisa, can’t wait to see pictures of the new place.

Wendy, retirement here you come!

Hugs to those that need them. High fives for those with a job well done.

Thanks for all your continued support. Working my way out of my blues. Hope to get a date for my MRI tomorrow. Can’t wait to know what’s happening with my ankle.

Off to bed with my book and apple.

Terry in rainy cold VT
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,712 Member
    Options
    Hidee Ho Tammie boy that pool sounds awesome !!! Keep up the good work.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,559 Member
    Options
    stat for the day:

manual treadmill- 14.37min, 169mhr, 1mi-149c
    Apple Watch- 160c
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,350 Member
    Options
    Did Michelle Dozois’s Pure Strength DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do a 20-40-60 workout on the treadmill.

Okie – I like to add honey to plain yogurt. Also, I’ve found that if you freeze fruit (say blueberries) and then thaw them in the yogurt, they have some “water” from freezing which when the fruit melts it leaves a “juice” in the yogurt

Carol – you NEVER had a colonoscopy!!! NEVER???? I have to ask – why????

Becca – can’t wait for the video.

Okie – I prelog my dinners for the following week and breakfasts if I know them. I do like to prelog before I eat dinner so I know if I’m over calories or not. Sometimes I think I’m not and it winds up that I am. Other times just the opposite

Barbie – what show are Bessie and Bernie watching? Must be something really interesting.

Terry in VT – please be kinder to yourself. Betty has a great suggestion. I really believe exercise helps with depression. I’m talking intense exercise.

Supposed to volunteer at the Green Room today then it’s “cut the grass” time. Tomorrow is supposed to be real nice, I’d like to get the pool opened. But I did promise these gals at Newcomers that I’d go on a field trip with them, so hopefully we can get the cover off the pool today (that part Vince needs me for) and tomorrow Vince can start getting the chemicals adjusted.

Lanette – very insiteful about benig “fit”. You are so right, that’s how I felt in my youth, too and how I feel now. I’m at the point of “if you don’t like my body – don’t look. I feel good and my numbers are good, to me that’s what counts”.

I just realized that one of the plants we planted last year really doesn’t bloom until May. I wanted something that bloomed early. Well, I can plant daffodils and that’ll take care of it. We did plant some smaller plants in front that are blooming, so that helps a lot

Personally, I’d love to travel and I’m not pickey where. Only thing is I know that I don’t want to go myself and Vince has no desire to do any traveling. So looks like I’ll be home yet again. Glad I have my pool

Suebdew – so glad that the party was such a success!

Janet– welcome!

Exercised, went to the soup kitchen, then the post office, then Lynette’s office, then volunteered at the Green Room, then bought gas, home to cut the grass and then……wait for it…..started opening the pool!!! Covers off, washed and put away, started shocking the pool. This is the first time ever we ever had a critter in the pool when we opened it. I think it might have been a groundhog or something. Anyway, when Vince went to take it out of the pool, it started breaking up – it was so decomposed. And did it ever smell!

Tomorrow I’m supposed to go to this place, Clines, with the Newcomers. Basically, they have something like 5 acres of different things you can buy. Like one gal got this “hand” for her garden. It’s a mold that a welder uses. Interesting…… Anyway, while I’m gone Vince said that he’d do the weedwacking and probably start getting the leaves out of the pool.

Wendy – great plank time!

Margaret – you said that it’s illegal to hang anything from your mirror? I assume the handicapped placard is exempt from this

Becca – fantastic stoves. What kind of supplemental heat do you have?

Trish – wow! 77 years. I’m in awe. You poor dear! Things have to get better

Tammie – I know you can lose the weight because you have a great incentive. Welcome to a great group!

Lynette – Elon is probably bringing the part for the transporter back in his Tesla

Michele in NC
  • wildhorsewendy
    wildhorsewendy Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Terry, this is for you, and for anyone else who needs encouragement to hang in there: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkp-U36c_wo