WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2018

Options

Replies

• wildhorsewendy
    wildhorsewendy Posts: 563 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Terry, I think there is a lot you can do to alleviate symptoms of depression through natural means. I know that when my hormones get out of whack I can become instantly depressed. I believe there is a big connection between seratonin levels and dietary choices and herbal supplements. I have been taking Saint John's Wort whenever I need a boost but I have noticed a definite increase in my mood ever since I changed my diet after listening to How Not To Die. I haven't had to use St. John's Wort once in the past month.

So basically, what I have changed is: I have cut out all milk, cheese, butter, yoghurt dairy products and have replaced them with rice milk, Angel cheese(a fabulous soy-brand), olive oil margarine and banana icecream (home-made in the blender with no dairy). And I have cut out all meat, eggs and fish and replaced them with lentil curry, bean chili and turmeric rice, beetroot or kumera burgers, soy hotdogs (these are everyone's favourite!) veggie pizza or pasta and broccoli chinese stirfry and felafel spinach wraps.

I also have a daily blueberry/banana smoothy with rice or almond milk and add maca, turmeric powder, ground linseed/flaxseed. I take evening primrose oil, and ginseng capsules as well. Anyway, all my bouts of depression have disappeared so I will carry on with this way of eating as I think it is the best way to nourish my cells and protect them from cancer and disease. Such a great book! <3 Wendy

Oh, and I've been drinking green tea with cinnamon and nutmeg to spice it up.
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,644 Member
    Options
    :)
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Katla I believe this is the first picture I've ever seen of your grandchildren. They are so cute and definitely share sibling resemblance. I was shocked to see the "baby", however did he get so big? I still picture him as an infant. Oh my how time gets away from us. Thank you so much for sharing. I loved the picture. Also enjoyed to see Arrow, its just fun to compare what I see in my mind's eye to the real thing. <3

Janetr OKC

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,755 Member
    Options
    Well here it is 1:52 am and I am.awake because Alfie couldn't sleep.so I try and sleep and he walks all.over me and then decides to chew on the comforter on the bed..granted he sleeps.alot during the day but geesh I need sleep too.
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    “Well here it is 1:52 am and I am.awake because Alfie couldn't sleep.so I try and sleep and he walks all.over me and then decides to chew on the comforter on the bed..granted he sleeps.alot during the day but geesh I need sleep too.”

Maybe a kennel would work for sleeping at night?