WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2018

Replies

• adotbaby
    adotbaby Posts: 199 Member
    When I was growing up in Boston, we called soda "tonic."
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,310 Member
    Thanks Trish! I hope your day gets better!

Welcome Faye!

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    Remember chick-o-sticks? I mentioned how much I used to love them, guess who got me some

I just had one before I left for Oregon. When I was a little girl I thought I was eating wood, and I think my older sisters never told me different! It has a wood like look to it!
    Rebecca
    Crazy in Whidbey
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,474 Member
    Did a downloadable spinning workout. The plan for tomorrow is to do a bosu DVD since we have a Newcomer general meeting.

Mary - to be honest, I'm not looking at the hula hoop as a weight loss tool, just a different type of exercise. Thanks about the info about bruising. There is one exercise where you have to lean on your backside but it actually is uncomfortable for me because I don't have a lot of fat there. No, I take that back, I do have a lot of fat on my butt, but not a lot on the hip bone

Terry in VT - (((crying))) Becca is right - the hardest part is actually starting. You can do this, I know you can. What foods are your downfalls? I tend to like sweets, so those honey pretzels are a good compromise for me. I just find that I have to portion them out otherwise I'd eat the whole bag. Dried fruit is also good (just the fruit, no additives)

A friend of mine came here earlier. See, her grandchild is in Miami and we don't mind letting them use the condo overnight. Well, they brought me back a 20lb bag of grapefruit. So now I'll be eating grapefruit for a while. But that's not a bad thing. As a matter of fact, the "sourness" of the grapefruit helps me with cravings. Speaking of TV's, Dianne's mother passed away and she had two televisions. They are offering one for us to use at the condo, I believe she said it was a 54" flat screen. So we'll get rid of the TV in the second bedroom and use this one. Update: another friend stopped by. She was supposed to bring a snack to the general meeting tomorrow but has to go to a funeral so she asked if I'd bring it. Not that I really care to -- I have enough to bring already. But it's really not a big deal.

Personally, I'd rather visit Whidbey Island than look at pictures (well, I can dream, huh?). Guess pictures will help me dream.

katla - I tend to like smaller, light ornaments too. Sometimes they are so hard to find. Everything is so big and heavy!

Allie - feel better fast

KJ - I'm so relieved to hear this about your period. Phew!!!!

Lisa - I can't wait for you to write all about your move. You are such a great writer

foreverhealthy - welcome back. So sorry to hear about your parents

katla - have you ever had to trim that Alberta Spruce? Is it sort of a bluish green color? I'm trying to figure out which tree we had in front of the house we used to live in. In the 12+ years we lived there, we never had to trim it, it always kept its Christmas tree shape. And it was VERY slow growing. Unfortunately, the new people there removed that tree so I can't even take a picture of it

Not sure if Vince wants to cut the grass today or not. I suspect not, but he might be wanting to wait until later in the day. Well, I think I'll go out and put down some weed killer. Update: not today, not sure why.

Lisa - thanks for that link. It doesn't look like my information was shared, either.

Faye - welcome, come back soon.

Trish - you're sure you didn't break a mirror? There HAS to be an end in sight.

Becca - what lovely deer. Your kitchen looks amazing.

Michele in NC
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Becca, love love love the pics, thank you. My husband has put the slides on many things for me. I love them. <3

Janetr OKC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,061 Member
    stats for the day:

bike ride hm 2 gym- 8.23min, 138mhr, 11.4amph. 1.5mi= 86c
    apple watch- 68c
    SKI MACHINE- 28min, 6-12incl, 15-25resist, 131mhr, 1.28mi= 188c
    apple watch- 179c
    other- 18.30min, 111ahr, 146mhr= 125c
    apple watch- 133c
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 5.54min, 126mhr, 15.1amph, 1.4mi= 57c
    apple watch- 45c
    Bike ride puy 2 sumn sta- 16.01min, 11.3amph, 3mi= 150c
    apple watch- 125c
    jog sta 2 wk, 5min, 143ahr, 155mhr, 9.27min mi, .5mi= 64c
    apple watch- 54c
    jog wk 2 sta- 4.23min, 9.39min mi, 153mhr, .4mi= 61c
    apple watch- 56c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 19,21min, 8amph 145mhr, 2.5mi= 192c
    Apple Watch- 151c

total cal 923
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,132 Member
    :)Rebecca, I am so happy for you moving into your new home. Thanks for the pictures.
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 4,194 Member
    ;)
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Rebecca- love the new home! You should enjoy decorating! Have fun!

<3

Mary from Arizona