WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2018

Replies

• okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,310 Member
    Thank you Lanette!

Okie
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Lisa - I'll say it again, just for you, there is no such thing as a British accent. :#:#:#:#:# Britain consists of four countries and many, many regions. What Judy Dench and Geoffrey Palmer have is a middle class English accent - Received Pronunciation, or RP. Love you really! <3<3<3<3<3 Love Heather UK xxxxxxx

Love you, too! No offense taken... I'm OK with sounding like Judy Dench in my head... :)

Lisa

• auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,582 Member
    Joe found an easily accessible beach (no rocks, path paved to the sand) so was able to get some steps in yesterday. Foot pain does ease with activity, so time to get off my butt, meditate and MOVE! Thanks to all for encouragement, suggestions and hope that this does not have to be a long term, permanent situation.

NYKaren any favorite calf stretches you can recommend? Since it started have been wearing spongy yoga sandals inside and either new balance or zero drop outside. Had been wearing dearfoam scuffs all wither, maybe time to bid them adieu.
    Karen in VA Never tried Crocs, ordering the Women's Freesail for $30. Liked the Blitzen III best but wow they start at $50. Any favorite calf or hamstring stretches?
    pip I just love your pics, the three smiles are priceless! Where on earth did Kirvy find chick-o-sticks?
    Lanette "from gratitude to murder plots" LOL! Sounds like a TV series . . . or reversed it could be a guided meditation ;) Truly hoping your muffins unflame your back and foot. Alternating green balm with bio freeze gives me some relief, hasn't been bad enough to dig out the woo woo candy 'tho' was tempted last night.
    Beth great news about your husband's retirement numbers, continued prayers for your son.
    Kim ah yes, Heather's arch support, thanks! Loved hearing the sun came out for your plant sale.
    Janetr Gosh, the Olivias are each cuter than the other!
    Machka so glad to hear about the team(s) approach to your husband's care. Sending continued intentions for your calm strength through his complete recovery.
    KJ thanks for the peanut sauce... Maybe Joe will use on his veggies too! Alas we have no indoor public pool here, but have been soaking in the hot tub after spending time on the cool pack. Hobble is the right word. Would you share the link to your arch supports?
    Okie con VERY gratulations on attaining maintenance. VERY Happy dance! Yay glass or boots! "...a slice of sour dough with butter slathered..." oh yes, one of my weaknesses. Sometimes a gal just has to budget in some bread.
    Mary from Az you are AMAryZING!
    Rita "steroid shot..." OWW. Sure hope it doesn't come to that. Hope your husband boredom soon sparks him past his fear of leaving. Will your allergies follow you to next month's destination, or do different ones await?
    Felicia While your sentiments are admirable, please don't be ashamed of your refund. Ditto what Karen in Va said, you paid the $$$$ in, the government had the interest-free use of it, it is due you. Use it well!
    Kay thanks for the oofos flip flop recommendation, added to my wishlist for summer.
    Rori admire your ability to find the positive (weight loss) in the midst of your pain. Sending intentions to join with your energy healing.
    Yvonne thanks for the bluebonnet season image.
    Rebecca so glad to hear from you! so Happy to see the beautiful pics. The boxes can wait, rest well, you've earned it!
    Terry ((hugs)) Please focus on the fact that you did great for a good part of yesterday. Pick one thing you can do to shift the pattern just a tiny bit. Have a healthy snack ready for when you get home, or kick off your shoes and take a bubble bath, or ??? Agree with Lanette to lock that scale away somewhere for awhile. It's just giving you unhappy feelings and those really pack on the pounds. Choose joyful things instead. Your art. A walk. Laughter. ((hugs))
    Kylia nail clippers in the trap? Yikes! Hope you find comfort in how much your friend spoke of you.
    Katla Thanks for changing your profile pic to Alberta Spruce dressed for Christmas! Can you post the pic by clicking the dropdown arrow next to the mountain icon and browsing to where the picture is stored?
    di3h4um680xk.jpg
    Sharon "... my pirouette is broken" Keira is a little wowser. "Harmony is learning that if she throws a bit of a fit she can control her Mom" Fooey! Harmony needs to respect rules, good for you for providing them. Glad for the good Greysyn time, and for robins returning to Alberta.
    Lisa I've been writing the alphabet while still in bed, thanks for letting me know I should be hanging my legs down ;) "...and not the good kind" LOL! "without yelling 'stop yelling'" LOL again! Your humor will carry you through. I can easily see, uh er imagine, you sounding like Judy Dench. :)
    Allie you've been taking such good care of so many others, please give yourself the same good care!
    KJ I was one of those who didn't make the chicken on the plate/little red hen, nor bacon/piggy, nor hamburger/cow connection, but could never eat fish since seeing an entree swimming in the Chinese restaurant's tank as a child. Hooray for pasta and veggies and cheese!
    Barbie and Karen in VA amen to wool socks. even found a pair of compression socks that are part Merino wool. Hooray for wool!
    Heather, "Hairy Bikers for dinner" ??? At first read Sharon's "coming up with AF drinks..." as being for your son to drink instead, but then I thought perhaps this could be a new market niche he could explore... he may be just ahead of the trend!
    I relish all the UK flavors, from burr, brogue and cockney through Canadian and Ozzie to RP. When I was in Wales, it seemed folks sing to you instead of speaking. Which is your DDIL's accent? She sounds so "posh" :). While we in the US have several regional varieties, Standard American is what you hear on TV. My Texas aunt once said to native Californian me "I jes looove how y'all talk so purdy!" I thought whe was the one with the lovely accent. :)
    Do these look like the elastic things with pads underneath that you use?
    2oj4ut5vd05j.jpg

Welcome Michelle from Melbourne, Sally from Mass ("granny panties" LOL!), and forever healthy3

Monday
    Walk Tumble: kinda, beach strolled with Scooter
    Log: yes
    Meditate: no
    Exercises: no
    Steps: 3632
    Sunday
    Walk Tumble: no
    Log: yes
    Meditate: yes
    Exercises: knees
    Steps: 1057

Time to meditate, exercise knees, break fast and spend some time with Joe and the dogs.
    Love you all!
    desismileys_4280.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,600 Member
    edited April 2018
    Barbara - mine look like this. They don't last all that long as they compress after a while, but I change them when they stop working. Since my running I haven't had to wear them as often. I do arch exercises and stretch my calves and hamstrings every day.

bfms2125zdgj.png

The Hairy Bikers are a TV chef duo , who wrote a diet book a few years ago. We have their Spanish style baked chicken at least once a fortnight. Love it! We also like the Lamb tagine and the Paella. :D

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,310 Member
    Thank you Barbara!

Okie
  • Lagopus
    Lagopus Posts: 1,016 Member
    edited April 2018
    Kelly wrote: Is it silly to say that wearing a nice heel is a goal? I think our bodies suffer when we are too comfortable all of the time. lol KJ
    Awww, Kelly. No it's not silly if you want to wear a nice heel. However, I think you've got it backwards when you say our bodies suffer when we're too comfortable all the time. My body suffers all the time when I'm NOT comfortable!

As Karen in VA surmised, I've been busy with the grandkids. For several days I didn't even keep up with the thread, much less comment. But heck! I shouldn't be that busy now. Problem is, three days ago my computer suddenly lost its ability to find wireless networks. I was reduced to using an ethernet cable! (Remember them? SOOOO RETRO!) :noway:

My poor dear brave helpful darling busy overworked computer wiz husband dedicated most of his weekend to trying to fix it.
    :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart: But the end result was that all my programs have to be reinstalled and my computer can STILL only go online via cable. I'll probably be borrowing his computer when I head to Stockholm to teach next week.

Someday I'll post pics from the fantastic week we had with the kiddos, skiing, sledding, and excavating a mansion in the deep, deep snow. Those pictures are somewhere, but apparently not on this computer. :s
    /Penny, back at the t07190.gif

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,061 Member
    auntiebk he found them on amazon.com
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    If you're worried about whether your Facebook information was exposed to the whole Cambridge Analytica mess, NPR posted this link (https://m.facebook.com/help/1873665312923476?helpref=search&sr=1&query=cambridge+analytica) where it will automatically check for you so that you'll know. Mine wasn't, so I honestly don't know what happens next if yours was.

Lisa in NC
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,132 Member
    :)Faye, Welcome. It helps me to read this thread at a regular time each day. It reminds me that I am not alone on this journey and gives me useful suggestions about how to reach my goals. I found this thread at age 62 and lost the weight I wanted to lose and have kept it off.

<3 Barbie from beautiful NW Washington
  • megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,225 Member
    * oy...we are not choosing to NOT be part of their lives