WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2018

Options

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,658 Member
    Options
    Katla- being both a volunteer and a rider, I so appreciate everyone involved, one can’t b done without the other. Did I mail u my scarf so your husband can sign it??
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,872 Member
    Options
    :)
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    MFP. Just tryING new info,according to MFP .Will see if picture works.

MFP.....THe results of trying to post several different pictures is nada. Your
    Instructions do not work. Trish Oh
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Son came over last night, and enjoyed my fried rice, and brownies! He also liked my orange juice with mango in it. He likes a lot of foods I like, (but husband doesnt), like veggies, and sushi. To make wild rice, with sauteed zucchini, and some beef kielbasa, is just some of the meals he likes! I will try to not smother him... He is our room mate now.

So he was going to leave at about 10 pm, but that came and went, and he fell asleep on the couch. I took off his glasses, plugged in his phone, and gave him a couple of throws. I was in bed at 11pm thinking about my son downstairs, and man what a nice thing to fall asleep thinking about...
    Another good day planned! Breakfast was yogurt and coffee. Snack is coffee and a cookie. Lunch is wild rice, spinach, dressing and cottage cheese. Dinner is zucchini, and eggs sauteed. Night snack is 5 prunes. Simple!
    Hugs all!
    Rebecca
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,658 Member
    Options
    Llllll
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,351 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday ladies! It's afternoon and I'm still in my pj's. I had so many plans in my head for today and then I woke up to a snowstorm. It will be a day of staying inside, reading and working on a baby quilt I started.

No flowers blooming in our yard yet. The birds and squirrels were trying so hard to get at the bird feeder. My DH shoveled a path from our deck to the birdfeeder and threw more seeds out. I think the robins are confused with the 50 mph gusts of wind and all this snow! We live in the white area of Green Bay...18-30 inches of snow. UGH.

Will try to pop in later. Hope you are all having a great day!

vca5qaa5qed6.png

• wildhorsewendy
    wildhorsewendy Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Hi Sisters, just cleaning guest room and upstairs before the fambam arrive in force (and noise and mess). Just wanted to say Machka, do your best to insist that your hubby's room is kept as quiet as possible so his body can sleep and heal. When I worked as a night shift nurse aide, I had different personality head nurses. One was super quiet tiptoeing around believing that sleep was what everyone needed the most. Another was ADD and had to be doing something constantly. She was as noisy as possible on purpose. Whenever we went into a room with four people in it to put someone on the toilet, she wanted everyone to wake up and go to the toilet. This gave her great satisfaction because then she could spend the next hour writing copious notes about everyone's bowel movements. She would actually wake up people to ask them if they needed to go to the toilet! They would get so annoyed. The quiet nurse was much preferred by the patients. When I spent the night of the Super Blue Moon in the hospital with my daughter and her ectopic pregnancy surgery, the machine that was hooked up to her was so loud and beeping noisy there was no way anyone would get any sleep. Maybe it's possible to turn down the volume on those machines. Worth asking! I do hope he will start communicating with you. I can only imagine the intense stress you are under, with such a major trauma life disruption to deal with.

Rye, so glad Kidd Kirby is doing good. Sending love your way too. <3 Wendy
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,321 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the good wishes. I'm feeling calmer now. Tomorrow I will make the final decision on the cover for the book.
    I did a bit of meditation today from the Calm app. o:)B)
    Watched a programme on York (Vikings) this evening. I'm going up there next week by train for a reunion with the "girls" and my Difficult Friend. The weather is meant to be good. :D That's one of the reasons why I want to get my book finished. Very busy for the next couple of weeks.
    So sorry to hear of all the snow and ice some of you are expecting. :'(:o
    Love Heather UK XXXXXX
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    MICHELLE my Mum had a collection of brass ornaments which we cleaned using BRASSO don't know if that's available in US or come to that in UK now. I inherited this stuff but gradually got rid of it, it did look nice though when it was polished up.

Kate UK <3
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Just googled and it is still available in uk Apparently WALMART stock it