WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2018

Options

Replies

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,351 Member
    Options
    @margaretturk Those flower pics are beautiful! I cannot wait to see daffodils and hyacinths come up in our yard. I was just watching the Weather Channel and they are actually on site in Minneapolis (where I'm from originally and family still is) and it looks much like it does here. Does Mother Nature not understand it is mid-April? :wink:
    17761776 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Back yard:
    fl0dd6ijrri6.jpg
    Happy Saturday ladies! It's afternoon and I'm still in my pj's. I had so many plans in my head for today and then I woke up to a snowstorm. It will be a day of staying inside, reading and working on a baby quilt I started.

No flowers blooming in our yard yet. The birds and squirrels were trying so hard to get at the bird feeder. My DH shoveled a path from our deck to the birdfeeder and threw more seeds out. I think the robins are confused with the 50 mph gusts of wind and all this snow! We live in the white area of Green Bay...18-30 inches of snow. UGH.

Will try to pop in later. Hope you are all having a great day!

vca5qaa5qed6.png

Yes it is just plain NASTY!!!!!

Need to see some flowers today!

tp7jfnoudnfa.jpg
    kpxac6lk7ug8.jpg

Lovely , winter weather getting long!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,661 Member
    Options
    Pppp
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,969 Member
    Options
    :) If you would like a copy of "Younger Next Year for Women", send me a personal message and I'll have it sent to you.
  • pipcd34
    Options
    stat for the day:

spin class- 61min, 156mhr 115aw, 81ar, 130ahr, 15.5mi= 513c
    Apple Watch- 515c
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    B)
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Check my in.
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    <3
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,351 Member
    Options
    Snowstorm Evelyn has now been upgraded to Blizzard Evelyn. Looks like tomorrow will be a day of decluttering closets, baking banana bread and working on my quilt. Or maybe a cup of hot tea, curled up with a good book? Sure wish we had a fireplace on nights like this!

Heather you sure do have a lot going on! Moving and publishing a book? I'm guessing it is your memoirs that you were working on? Sending you hugs and positive peaceful vibes from Wisconsin. I would be having panic attacks I think.

Mary in Arizona You sure did move in the right direction! Are you liking living in Arizona? My dad has a winter home in Mesa. He is returning to Minnesota next week (just a bit north of Brainerd).

Have a good night everyone!

Tracie in the frozen tundra of Green Bay, Wisconsin
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,969 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    1056287i3zmwzup2m.gifStats for today:
    *17,000 steps
    *210 minutes walking Sasha and Bessie
    *145 minutes riding the exercise bike
    * one minute plank

• pipcd34
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Michelle: Good luck finding a brass cleaner you like. There seems to be quit a few choices. :star:

Barbie: It sounds like Jake is quite a bit better. YAY!!! :flowerforyou:

Pip: We haven't seen your scarf yet. I'll let you know when we've put it back into the mail. (((hugs)))

Becca: You seem to be thriving. YAY!!! :bigsmile:

(((BETTY ROC)))

(((Margaret))) Your weather looks extreme to me. I hope you stay warm, well and happy. Our backyard is water, too, but not frozen. We live on the banks of the Columbia River and it isn't anywhere near flood stage. Thank goodness! :star:

I reorganized two of my kitchen cupboards today. Both look so much better! We put quite a few kitchen appliances out in the garage to be donated and added one or two in the house. The net result is cleaner counters & cupboards and newer, (hopefully) better appliances. Yay!!! (These are little appliances like food savers rather than stoves and refrigerators.)

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.
    C. S. Lewis

It is a blue handkerchief, I will need your address soi can mail it to u
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,379 Member
    Options
    Barbie – what great news about Jake!

Stopped at the church to pick up some donations. See, I was put on the schedule to get the donations NEXT weekend, but it was in the bulletin that it would be this weekend. So I just stopped and got what there was and if there’s any more, I’ll get it tomorrow when I’m supposed to go to be Eucharistic Minister.

Had dinner. Was pretty good, only I thought there was too much grease in the sauteed veges. At least they were fresh veges. Then went to go see the play Blue. It was a sell out. Really good show.

Kate – yes, Brasso is available here. Did your mom need to use a lot of elbow grease?

Janetr – Olivia is so adorable I could just squeeze her. How do you control yourself?

Guess I’d better get to bed.

Michele in NC
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Janetr Can Olivia get any more adorable? That is the sweetest picture.

Karen in Virginia