New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    Enlightened Ice Cream is bomb. I've tried four flavors so far and loved them all. Marshmallow Peanut Butter was one of them, and I agree -- the marshmallow taste does disappear the more you eat it, lol. I guess our tongue goes numb to the flavor? The peanut butter is very nice indeed. I doubt I'll ever go back to Halo Top. It's so icy and chemical tasting. I tried some of the new Arctic Zero flavors, and while I like them better than the old formulas, it still doesn't top Enlightened for me.

Has anyone seen No Pudge Brownie Mix in stores? I had it over ten years ago and suddenly remembered how great it was, lol. Fudgy, low cal brownies! But I can't seem to find it in stores anymore!

Where did you find the marshmallow peanut butter? I have been searching everywhere for it!

Enlightened has this chart thing, which pretty much means I won’t be trying the S’mores or Glazed Donut for a very long time most likely .-. They said it isn’t final though and will change in the future, but it’s a guide for the time being
    xn67cn46uyfe.jpeg
    shira324 wrote: »
    Cool Whip Oreo Mix-Ins. SO GOOD. Tastes like frosting. 35 cals for 2 tablespoons. But I could eat the entire container.

2qgk2wgmbcet.jpg

I’ve only heard positive things about that... but I don’t trust myself! Do you eat it frozen or do you let it thaw and then use it as frosting?

Yes, i saw that chart on Facebook. It's not accurate though because those places are not where I've found any of it. I found the movie night at market basket which isn't even listed. I'll just keep searching. I put a request in at wegmans by me for some of the flavors. Four of them are listed as being there but are not, in my local wegmans anyway. Although they had the best selection by far. That's the only store on that list that's even in this area. Lol

Well thanks for that heads up! I was considering making a special trip to Wegmans for the S'mores flavor but I just called and they don't have it, go figure -.-
    Giant and Target aren't on that list, either.... I doubt Giant will carry the new pints (since they hardly carry any period), but Target had the cookies & cream so I'll just have to keep checking there with my fingers crossed.

In some of the comments on Facebook by enlightened they're working hard to get them all into the giant stores, we have stop and shop here which would be great. Target and wegmans are in the same shopping plaza for me so I'll go there and look at the end of the week. Maybe I can talk to the grocery manager while I'm at wegmans about getting all the new flavors. Cookies and cream is on my list to try. I really need to empty out my freezer, it's so packed right now that there's no room for all of these.

Out of all the new flavors, Cookies & Cream has been my favorite so far (again, just waiting to find the S'mores and Glazed Donut)! My Target store only recently got Enlightened in, but they only have like three flavors and the Cookies & Cream was the only new one. Still, it's definitely one you have to make room for! I was really disappointed in movie night, way too much artificial caramel swirl for my liking, but if you find it I haven't seen one negative review by anyone other than myself - go figure!

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options
    Ruatine wrote: »
    That infuriating person was me. :open_mouth: I found the chocolate PB shreds to be delicious. The box didn't last nearly as long as it should have. I'm done with the novelty cereal flavors for now, I think. I like cereal too much... I end up eating it for dinner way too often when I buy new flavors.

Lol, thanks... I'll let you know what I think when I get around to munching on it. I'm the same way, I love cereal too much. My ex and I used to have cereal nights. We would pick 2-4 cereals to buy and have them for dinner. Now, I eat a serving of high fiber bran cereal every day with my eggs for breakfast. I actually am kind of addicted to that too.

I just started on my box and I wouldn't call it sweet but it's reeeeeeally good. Very on point with the chocolate and peanut butter flavors. I tend to stick my hand in boxes of cereal so got smart and portioned this box into baggies to last the week. (I didn't do that with the cinnamon toast crunch flavor.)
  • Ruatine
    Ruatine Posts: 3,424 Member
    Options
    @cdudley628 the movie night doesn't taste like you think it will. It's surprisingly good. It has a slight butter undertone to the base flavor. I wouldn't say there's anything popcorn about it. Snores, the marshmallow peanut butter, cookies and cream and glazed donuts are the ones I really want to try. I'm buying the oatmeal cookie crunch Friday.

They closed all the Sam's clubs near me, this is the closest one now. I like some stuff there and it's the only place I buy the coffee I like. Doesn't hurt that I can save on tax for supplies for my business while I'm there. I try to go on Monday mornings.

@Ruatine here is a link to buy one get one free from enlightened.

http://go.eatenlightened.com/jok

Excellent! Thanks for the link!
    glassyo wrote: »
    That infuriating person was me. :open_mouth: I found the chocolate PB shreds to be delicious. The box didn't last nearly as long as it should have. I'm done with the novelty cereal flavors for now, I think. I like cereal too much... I end up eating it for dinner way too often when I buy new flavors.

Lol, thanks... I'll let you know what I think when I get around to munching on it. I'm the same way, I love cereal too much. My ex and I used to have cereal nights. We would pick 2-4 cereals to buy and have them for dinner. Now, I eat a serving of high fiber bran cereal every day with my eggs for breakfast. I actually am kind of addicted to that too.

I just started on my box and I wouldn't call it sweet but it's reeeeeeally good. Very on point with the chocolate and peanut butter flavors. I tend to stick my hand in boxes of cereal so got smart and portioned this box into baggies to last the week. (I didn't do that with the cinnamon toast crunch flavor.)

Why have I never thought of this?! I'm going to try that next time I go for a tempting cereal. :) Also, I agree. I wouldn't call it sweet. It's mildly sweet, but the flavor is on point. I found it needed more milk than expected too.
  • glassyo
    Options
    @cdudley628 the movie night doesn't taste like you think it will. It's surprisingly good. It has a slight butter undertone to the base flavor. I wouldn't say there's anything popcorn about it. Snores, the marshmallow peanut butter, cookies and cream and glazed donuts are the ones I really want to try. I'm buying the oatmeal cookie crunch Friday.

They closed all the Sam's clubs near me, this is the closest one now. I like some stuff there and it's the only place I buy the coffee I like. Doesn't hurt that I can save on tax for supplies for my business while I'm there. I try to go on Monday mornings.

Excellent! Thanks for the link!

Why have I never thought of this?! I'm going to try that next time I go for a tempting cereal. :) Also, I agree. I wouldn't call it sweet. It's mildly sweet, but the flavor is on point. I found it needed more milk than expected too.

Preportioning has saved me sooooo many unlogged calories from my fistfuls of cereal. :)

I haven't even tried it with milk! This is a higher calorie per serving cereal than I usually eat so I only have about 20 grams at a time so using milk's not even worth it.
  • Merlotmom16
    Merlotmom16 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    My new favorite is the Ultra Thin 4 cheese pizza from DiGiorno. 260 calories for 1/2 of the pizza so if I'm good on other days I can eat the whole thing! I think it is very flavorful and the crust while made with rice flour and gluten free is quite good. I can add some veggies for more variety.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend surprised me with this but won’t tell me where he found it! It’s truly everything I was hoping it’d be and more. I HIGHLY recommend it!
    yeuilc464fnn.jpeg
    96kaylb1ffkr.jpeg

If you need anymore after this box I know Walmart still carries this.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »

2qgk2wgmbcet.jpg

I’ve only heard positive things about that... but I don’t trust myself! Do you eat it frozen or do you let it thaw and then use it as frosting?

Will have to pick this up at Walmart the next time I go to the super center.
  • arya8
    arya8 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    My new favorite is the Ultra Thin 4 cheese pizza from DiGiorno. 260 calories for 1/2 of the pizza so if I'm good on other days I can eat the whole thing! I think it is very flavorful and the crust while made with rice flour and gluten free is quite good. I can add some veggies for more variety.

Where did you buy it? I have been trying to find this for the longest time but nobody is carrying it around here
  • Aerocrazd
    Aerocrazd Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    arya8 wrote: »

Where did you buy it? I have been trying to find this for the longest time but nobody is carrying it around here

I found this pizza at Krogers. They are not kept with the "normal" pizzas and I only found them by accident. I believe they are with the specialty pizzas. They are pretty good, although I add turkey pepperoni, jalapenos and a touch more mozzarella. Hope you have luck finding them.
  • arya8
    arya8 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Aerocrazd wrote: »
    arya8 wrote: »

I found this pizza at Krogers. They are not kept with the "normal" pizzas and I only found them by accident. I believe they are with the specialty pizzas. They are pretty good, although I add turkey pepperoni, jalapenos and a touch more mozzarella. Hope you have luck finding them.

Thanks, I will try Kroger again. Maybe I wasn't looking in the right place.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    If anyone tries these you’ll have to let me know how they are! I’ve had the vitamins before and liked them but the shakes weren’t that good in my opinion so I’m curious how these will be!
    yxnu58nqywou.jpeg
  • mutantspicy
    mutantspicy Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Just saw at Meijer yesterday. Kettle Cooked Dill Pickle Chips. I didn't look at the info, because I probably would have walked out the door with them and cupboards are pretty full. Either way, they caught my eye, and quite honestly sounds really up my alley. So will be trying in the near future.
  • thynes1313
    thynes1313 Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Enlightened Ice Cream is bomb. I've tried four flavors so far and loved them all. Marshmallow Peanut Butter was one of them, and I agree -- the marshmallow taste does disappear the more you eat it, lol. I guess our tongue goes numb to the flavor? The peanut butter is very nice indeed. I doubt I'll ever go back to Halo Top. It's so icy and chemical tasting. I tried some of the new Arctic Zero flavors, and while I like them better than the old formulas, it still doesn't top Enlightened for me.

Has anyone seen No Pudge Brownie Mix in stores? I had it over ten years ago and suddenly remembered how great it was, lol. Fudgy, low cal brownies! But I can't seem to find it in stores anymore!

Where did you find the marshmallow peanut butter? I have been searching everywhere for it!

There is a copycat for the No Pudge Mix: http://www.geniuskitchen.com/recipe/no-pudge-brownie-clone-116219

And walmart sells a 6 pack online but $$$ https://www.walmart.com/ip/No-Pudge-Original-Fudge-Brownie-Mix-13-7-oz-Pack-of-6/17339510
  • thynes1313
    thynes1313 Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options

OMG!! Thank you! I printed to 2 different emails... lol. Using the store locator there are lots more in my area than I thought and I have seen them in some stores that aren't listed too. Thanks again!
  • glassyo
    Options
    Sooooo, because of the buy one/get one free Enlightened coupon (thanks, @melissa6771!), I stopped off at my local Vons to pick up a couple pints. The pickings were slim so I womaned up and got the cool brew and the chocolate chip cookie dough. I figured I'd taste test once I got home since I still had a 20 min walk. The cool brew was softened enough so I tried it and the coffee taste wasn't as bad as I thought it would be...just a bit less subtle than Halo Top's caramel macchiato.

I had to let the chocolate chip cookie dough softened for way longer but got to try it and the ice cream base seemed creamier than any other of the same flavor I've tried and I could definitely see and taste the chocolate chips but not so sure about the cookie dough part. Either way, it was pretty good!

My Vons stepped up its game on the Halo Top flavors so I'm hoping we get some of the newer Enlighteneds at some point.

I have yet to try the Breyer's or the Open Nature version of the light ice cream....

Any recommendations that I don't have to go back 900 pages for? :p

• melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    @glassyo and @thynes1313 glad you guys got them printed. I had my mom print some too and I made a couple,copies when I printed them. Have some sticking up to do myself. I stopped by wegmans on my way home today and they are almost wiped out of at least 4 flavors from the other day! Hopefully they restock by the weekend. Oh, and I stopped by the local target, no enlightened at all.

In other news I got these. Not sure they're new but new to me. 120 cal, 9 grams of fiber and good taste and texture. They come in peanut butter too which I will now pick up when I go there Tuesday.

r54muqlbs0nd.jpg
  • cdudley628
    cdudley628 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Sooooo, because of the buy one/get one free Enlightened coupon (thanks, @melissa6771!), I stopped off at my local Vons to pick up a couple pints. The pickings were slim so I womaned up and got the cool brew and the chocolate chip cookie dough. I figured I'd taste test once I got home since I still had a 20 min walk. The cool brew was softened enough so I tried it and the coffee taste wasn't as bad as I thought it would be...just a bit less subtle than Halo Top's caramel macchiato.

I had to let the chocolate chip cookie dough softened for way longer but got to try it and the ice cream base seemed creamier than any other of the same flavor I've tried and I could definitely see and taste the chocolate chips but not so sure about the cookie dough part. Either way, it was pretty good!

My Vons stepped up its game on the Halo Top flavors so I'm hoping we get some of the newer Enlighteneds at some point.

I have yet to try the Breyer's or the Open Nature version of the light ice cream....

Any recommendations that I don't have to go back 900 pages for? :p

I'm not a fan of cookie dough ice cream, but Enlightened cookie dough is in my top 10, if not my top 5, pints I would choose.
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Options
    uozgxqu0c8sp.png

New grain-free bars and 2 new flavors from WholeMe coming soon :)
  • josette06
    josette06 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend surprised me with this but won’t tell me where he found it! It’s truly everything I was hoping it’d be and more. I HIGHLY recommend it!
    yeuilc464fnn.jpeg
    96kaylb1ffkr.jpeg

If you need anymore after this box I know Walmart still carries this.

My Wal-Mart closest to me does not have it but they have Malt-o-meal's brand and they're both Post, so I think I'll try them instead.