Weird things you do with food

Options

Replies

• ktekc
    ktekc Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    kit kats always had to be eaten layer by layer.
  • widgit808
    widgit808 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I just had some bologna with red wine vinegar for breakfast.

That actually sounds delicious!
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    Options
    :D eat it :D
  • LiveInLeggings
    LiveInLeggings Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I eat peanut butter with a chopstick.
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    I don't think I have overly weird habits. I do love my sauces though. Ketchup goes on everything -- potatoes, eggs, fries, meats, sometimes in mac and cheese. I also loooove dipping fries in a ketchup/mayo combo. Fries dipped in tartar sauce is also heavenly.

I guess something somewhat odd to eat is leftover Taco Bell straight from the fridge, no heating up. I LOVE it this way. All the cheese, meat, and sour cream gets thick and fuses together after a night in the fridge. Sometimes I'll leave a taco or nacho plate behind just to have it like that the next day, lol.

And a banana, peanut butter, and crispy burnt bacon on toasted white bread sounds amazing!
  • ktekc
    ktekc Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    One of my friends always ate left over crab rangoons cold...I thought it wierd til i tried it. Awesome.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    when I eat chicken wings. I CLEAN them. Like to the bone. Crunchy bits and all.

I thought everyone did that... hahaha :p

when I was a kid I used to have jam on cheese sandwiches, is that weird?

Hahahaa, I dont! I just lick the outside and take a few bites.
  • newlifeambitions
    newlifeambitions Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    canned tuna drenched in vinegar on buttered white toast, spaghetti hoops with vinegar, marshmallows dipped in milk then salt, ready salted crips dipped in Nutella, boiled eggs in coconut milk!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    widgit808 wrote: »
    I just had some bologna with red wine vinegar for breakfast.

That actually sounds delicious!

When I was a kid, my grandmother made a bologna/potato salad, just marinating in red wine vinegar and some oil for a few hours... So good!
  • 2snakeswoman
    2snakeswoman Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I concoct things in the kitchen to condition my hair.
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Say I have a number of things on my plate, like three. I take great pains to finish each item within one bite of each other.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Say I have a number of things on my plate, like three. I take great pains to finish each item within one bite of each other.

I finish one type of food before moving to the next!
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    Options

I finish one type of food before moving to the next!

Opposite.. yet a method to our madness!
  • sofchak
    sofchak Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    pikachuFL wrote: »
    The thing I get picked on the most for is I like to eat one thing on my plate at a time, starting with my least favorite item or the item that needs to be eaten first because it doesn't taste as good if it sits around, like tacos. Tacos that sit for too long get soggy and then the shell falls apart when you try to eat it and I don't like eating my tacos with a fork. I'd rather pick them up with my hands. I could write a book on which food to eat first and why but I don't have to because it comes to me automatically. It's only when people question me about why I chose what I did next that I think about it.

@pikachuFL - all of this, to a T... I completely understand.

• no1racefan1
    no1racefan1 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I have way too many food aversions and most of the things in this thread freak me out, LOL. I do like fries dipped in ice cream.
    I like popcorn dipped in milk--I read about it in a Laura Ingalls Wilder book as a kid and decided to try it, and really liked it!
    I don't like most condiments--ketchup, mustard, relish, most salad dressings--barf!
    I like to take the black olives at Thanksgiving and use the hole to scoop up gravy, yummm.

I have more weird behaviors than foods. I don't like foods to be touching on my plate. I try to avoid touching the fork with my lips and tongue, and just use my teeth to slide food off.
    I have a habit of leaving what DH calls 'the edge'; usually a bite or two left on my plate or in my glass. Every single meal.
    I hate leftovers but I've gotten better at eating them. It's fine if somebody else heats them up, but if I can see the congealed fat, it's all over.
    I always try to have the same number of bites of a side and a main. For example, if we are having pork chops and broccoli, I try to have the exact same bites of pork chops and broccoli, and I'll rotate back and forth. I'll even cut the meat into smaller than normal pieces to match the number of bites of a side.
    I'll eat things by color and I try to keep it balanced. So, if I have a bag of M&Ms, I'll try to keep the same number of each color in the bag as I eat them.
    I'm really weird about texture, and I'll avoid eating things with weird texture even if they taste good. Like hummus.
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    to drink water with sugar mixed in. as far as food i use to eat relish mustard and peanut butter sandwich
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    I love cold leftovers and often cook meals or get take out with the express purpose of refrigerating them to have the next day. I just like the texture of cold foods; beef, chicken and potatoes in particular.
  • PeteTheGamer2018
    PeteTheGamer2018 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Not a weird habit of mine but my fiance cannot mix food on a plate and eats it in order. Like potato first. Meat second. Veg third. Put veg on the potato and it apparently tastes wrong :-)
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    I bathe in pizza sauce.

Pics or it didn't happen :laugh: