Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

"Natural foods" vs "others"

Replies

• 100_PROOF_
    100_PROOF_ Posts: 1,168 Member
    jgnatca wrote: »
    I found the secret to a zesty Mac and cheese, from a careful reading of the commercial ingredient list. I add dry mustard powder or curry. For that attractive orange colour, a little paprika.

My kids loved cream cheese with beet juice as color. It came out a pinkish red color and it was fun for them.
    My poor kids getting hypnotized and drawn in by the fun color of beets. What a terrible mom I was. Lol
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,846 Member
    bpetrosky wrote: »
    Watching this thread is a prime example of food cult behavior. People who latch onto these ideas use food restrictions as a way of virtue or status signalling, establishing their "purity" over those who haven't been enlightened with "the truth". The rules are as arbitrary religious prohibitions on pork or meat on fridays. The only difference is the scriptures are netflix documentaries or food gurus who use threats of unspecified health harms instead of spiritual damnation.

Here's a fun read on the topic: http://www.bodyforwife.com/10-commandments-of-dietary-zealotry/

Oh please. Again, never seen any of these Netflix documentaries or FoodBabe.

My fiance eats fast food all the time and I don't look down on him for that.

I don't feel virtuous when I have a kale (plus friends) smoothie. I feel full.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    jgnatca wrote: »
    I found the secret to a zesty Mac and cheese, from a careful reading of the commercial ingredient list. I add dry mustard powder or curry. For that attractive orange colour, a little paprika.

I've always used dry mustard powder (and prepared hot English mustard - that really gives it colour!) and paprika in my mac cheese. Try it with a das of cayenne pepper too for extra zing ;)
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Aaron_K123 wrote: »
    I only eat supernatural foods.

Can you fly?