• SpanishFusion
    SpanishFusion Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    @JenT304
    Sending warm thoughts your way.
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,183 Member
    Options
    @JenT304 Sending you a big hug. I'm so sorry you are experiencing this sadness. The end of an era is heartbreaking. Memories are so precious. Xo
  • erikNJ
    erikNJ Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    NovusDies wrote: »
    @eriknj I have seen your profile pic a dozen times and I swear I thought it was a man with a mask (presumably you). How did I miss the cat for all this time? I just realized it today.

:D These pics are so small, especially on a phone! Haha. That’s me and my kitty
  • salleewins
    salleewins Posts: 2,308 Member
    Options
    fitinitin wrote: »
    This may sound like the most obvious suggestion to the many who have issues staying asleep at night, (apologies in advance) but I love sleeping with foam earplugs & eye mask. No partner’s cell phone glare, no distraction when partner comes to bed late, just more restful hours.

THANKS for the reminder! For me I can add add, no cat washing up sounds or barely can hear cat nag me to get up too early to eat (and even now has an auto feeder to feed), the neighbors' bright lights or frog sounds from the pool. It doesn't eliminate the skunk smell happening at 2 am occasionally though, but nothing is totally perfect, lol. I am up tonite as I didn't have enough down time once got home from the 5k yesterday. I need the unwind time. You will need an alarm you can hear with the earplugs. I highly recommend both of these. You can get used to hearing your breathing with the plugs as it beats out not wearing them,
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,183 Member
    Options
    erikNJ wrote: »
    @eriknj I have seen your profile pic a dozen times and I swear I thought it was a man with a mask (presumably you). How did I miss the cat for all this time? I just realized it today.

Erik, I thought it was a black mask. LOL Cute though.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    fitinitin wrote: »
    This may sound like the most obvious suggestion to the many who have issues staying asleep at night, (apologies in advance) but I love sleeping with foam earplugs & eye mask. No partner’s cell phone glare, no distraction when partner comes to bed late, just more restful hours.

I can't have things in my ears. No No No No Please No. The eye mask helps if I am ever able to nap which is rare. I sleep better with the TV on. It is not ideal but it works.

• NovusDies
    Options
    Hi Friends,
    Last night, I celebrated my friend's birthday. I had a cosmo with my filet mignon. It was planned. But I must say that when I was driving home from the place, I thought that I should stop at the store and get a bottle of vodka. For me, that one drink is a trigger. Almost like an automatic reflex - drink one- drink ten more. But I didn't stop at the store. And I didnt drink when I got home.

My journey is complex in my mind. I want to be the person who simply does not drink, not a drop ever. And I've proven to myself that I can abstain- I did that for 2.5 months. But I havent gotten to the point where I stay, Ok, that's it, never drinking again. That evil toxin is still a draw for me. Just reflecting this morning.

This morning, I feel 98 percent fine. However, I feel a little foggy. I wish i felt 100 percent and didnt have that cosmo though. But at the time it was a great idea. Xo

Good job. I wonder about total abstinence too. I think the part that scares me is the same with dieting. If I don't indulge on occasion will it cause me to lose control? Is that just a bad excuse? I really don't know the answer yet.

57ish hours until I am tested. About 61 hours until I am clear of the draw. I wish I were more confident but I would not bet money on this outcome. The day is coming that I break this rule I am just not sure it will be on the 6th.
  • NovusDies
    Options
    erikNJ wrote: »

Yeah... phone... except I post on a 65 inch tv connected to a computer. I give everyone permission to laugh at me now.

• Auntieodie
    Auntieodie Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hang in there everyone!!! So nice to see people sharing and supporting each other.
    I find it challenging to not replace booze with food, especially sweets...sugar withdrawal!!!
    On a positive note, I'm clear headed and more focused at work despite the sleepless nights.
    Let's just get through today!
  • trishfit2014
    trishfit2014 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I have a white noise machine to sleep with. It really helps me. My sleep is so much better one week AF. I woke up on my own at 5 am and was wide awake. I had already given myself permission to sleep in and work out post work but I was so awake, I got up and went to the gym.

@JulieAL1969 great job on sticking to your limit. I can so relate to having one drink out and wanting more.

Hugs @JenT304. I lost my dad a few years ago but luckily my mom did not want to get rid of their house.
  • looneycatblue
    looneycatblue Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options

57ish hours until I am tested. About 61 hours until I am clear of the draw. I wish I were more confident but I would not bet money on this outcome. The day is coming that I break this rule I am just not sure it will be on the 6th.[/quote]

@NovusDies I must have missed something, what are you getting tested for?
  • NovusDies
    Options
    @NovusDies I must have missed something, what are you getting tested for?

It is kind of convoluted but my moderation protocols allow me to drink on the 6th which I really don't want to do this time. It should be simple but it won't be. So the test is can I break out of this routine in favor of one I like better?

• dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Is anyone drinking for Cinco De Mayo?? I plan on having just 2 glasses of wine and that is it. How about everyone else?
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    dbanks80 wrote: »
    Is anyone drinking for Cinco De Mayo?? I plan on having just 2 glasses of wine and that is it. How about everyone else?

My husband and I have planned a taco dinner menu that includes a tequila cocktail.