Christmas Countdown Challenge (Closed Group) - Week 3

Options

Replies

• teri1956
    teri1956 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    With the abundance of summer veggies, I've been making a roasted vegetable ratatouille and taking it for lunch for several days. I heat it up and put it on a bed of baby spinach. You can top with cheese if you like, but I have my protein separately because I love the fresh taste of the veggies. It is VERY filling too. There are a lot of recipes out there so I picked what I liked and the veggies can be what you want too. Roasting makes the veggies caramelize and they are so tasty!

Good luck with other ideas. It's tough for sure.
  • gennybunny1
    Options
    wow, 5 mins of jump rope and I think I was going to die. lol. 25 mins more....oy
  • shaverkl191
    Options
    What are your options? Hot lunch, sandwiches? Home for lunch?

I go home for lunch so it's easy for me to make something hot or cold and I have an hour so I have the time to put some effort into it! Just looking for some different ideas that I haven't thought of. Usually I make a salad or a homemade pizza on a whole wheat pita.

Also... I've only done 10 minutes of the jumping rope and my calves are KILLING me!!! Great challenge!
  • patty9013
    patty9013 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Well team I am not doing good this week. At all. Super busy and stressed at work. Also at home with getting my son's stuff ready for him to move in the dorm on Sunday. He is already in Kansas (has been for 3 weeks working out with the football team). And my daughter is in the high school band they practice 3 times a say Monday thru Saturday beginning the 1st week in August, Even though she gets a ride for most . I still have to go pick her up between 8:30 and 9:30 and be back up by 5 to start getting ready for work and then get her up so she can be out the door by 7. I have not eaten well this week at all. Haven't drank enough water and definitely haven't done the challenge because of my knee. i start everyday to get back on track and then once I leave home it all goes to crap.
    Thanks for listening.
    Will have a busy weekend. Leaving early in the morning for Kansas (from Texas) and will turn around and come back on Sunday night to return to work on Monday morning. What the heck was I thinking? I'm to old to do that kinda trip anymore.
    I will also weigh in tomorrow which will be a day early. And after the week of bad eating I have had will be expecting another gain.
    Congrats to all for such commimtment of joining this challenge. And once again a great big THANKS to Jenn!!!
  • joyfulmom4him
    Options
    Well team I am not doing good this week. At all. Super busy and stressed at work. Also at home with getting my son's stuff ready for him to move in the dorm on Sunday. He is already in Kansas (has been for 3 weeks working out with the football team). And my daughter is in the high school band they practice 3 times a say Monday thru Saturday beginning the 1st week in August, Even though she gets a ride for most . I still have to go pick her up between 8:30 and 9:30 and be back up by 5 to start getting ready for work and then get her up so she can be out the door by 7. I have not eaten well this week at all. Haven't drank enough water and definitely haven't done the challenge because of my knee. i start everyday to get back on track and then once I leave home it all goes to crap.
    Thanks for listening.
    Will have a busy weekend. Leaving early in the morning for Kansas (from Texas) and will turn around and come back on Sunday night to return to work on Monday morning. What the heck was I thinking? I'm to old to do that kinda trip anymore.
    I will also weigh in tomorrow which will be a day early. And after the week of bad eating I have had will be expecting another gain.
    Congrats to all for such commimtment of joining this challenge. And once again a great big THANKS to Jenn!!!
    You will get back into the swing of things once life slows down a bit. I had an off week last week too and gained, mostly due to time of the month approching. I tend to be really hungry the week before and I need to find a way to not let that be my down fall. Hang in there friend. I wish you a happy, healthy weekend.
  • joyfulmom4him
    Options
    Well I am weighing in early because I don't think much will change over the next couple of days. I am 230.8 this morning. I have to get back on track. I am exercising but I need to bump up my cardio. I stopped measuring and it is showing up on the scale. I will be diligent to track this week.

I love thee $5.00 challenge and I will complete the jump rope challenge today. Thanks Jenn for all of your hard work. This is a great team. Have a great day everyone.
  • Nita_Bita
    Nita_Bita Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    CW= 166
  • MelL1205
    MelL1205 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    CW = 170.6

I'll submit my weight now since TOM came this morning so the next several days the scale will not be quite so kind!
  • kristinkt
    kristinkt Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    3 days down on air jump roping = 1/2 way there = 15 minutes down & 15 to go

Monday means starting back to school meetings along with donuts & snacks offered to keep us awake. I need to remove myself from having permission to eat these in my brain in the same way that workers or hosts don't eat the guests' food. I am thinking if I think that way it may be easier to pass by those sweets without taking any. And no skipping breakfast for sure!! I'll get that before I go to the meeting.

Patty9013 - I thought it was ironic that you are bringing your son from Texas to Kansas. We will be taking our daughter from Missouri (right next to KS) down to Texas to attend college. She doesn't go until the end of the month though. The week will be over soon, and you can get back to making all the right choices again. You may want to focus on keeping one thing going (like water) to give you an opportunity to stay on track with something. That helps me to stay tied to my overall goal.
  • wolfpack111
    Options
    Good Morning CCC Friends and Happy Friday!

Sorry for my lack of posts this week work has been busy! I had a good week this week and still keeping up with the H2O and veggies! I have Worked out everyday this week because I will be out of town this weekend! heading to Augusta, GA - anybody been? Any cool things to do?

About the challenge - I remember being so much better at jumping rope when I was like 10... now not so much! I keep tryping or the rope hits my shoe... after several attempts through wednesday, thursday and Friday I have completed 20 minutes. I plan on finishing tomorrow as Sunday is my day OFF from working out!

I only lost a lb. this week! I guess a little loss is better than no loss!
    Hope you all have a great week and will try to check-in through out the weekend!

CW: 154
  • KimertRuns13_1
    Options
    Today's weigh in was blah.... stayed the same.

CW: 167
  • patty9013
    patty9013 Posts: 230 Member
    Options

Patty9013 - I thought it was ironic that you are bringing your son from Texas to Kansas. We will be taking our daughter from Missouri (right next to KS) down to Texas to attend college. She doesn't go until the end of the month though. The week will be over soon, and you can get back to making all the right choices again. You may want to focus on keeping one thing going (like water) to give you an opportunity to stay on track with something. That helps me to stay tied to my overall goal.
    Yes that is ironic...lol
    That's a great idea. I will try that. Thanks.
    Where will your daughter be going in Texas??
    My son is at Southwestern College in Winfield. Not a bad drive. 5 hours just like driving from here to Houston...lol
    PS. I am sending friend request so we can support each other. Accept if you want to. No prob if you don't . Have a happy happy Friday and thanks for the great advise again!!
  • Sugs94
    Sugs94 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Hey all-
    Well.....losing it in eating department had consequences.
    WI
    CW 189
    Am going to see Def Leppard at Iowa State Fair tomorrow.....will have a long drive to get there since I don't even live in Iowa....so hopefully won't have a lot of time to look at really bad food choices!!!!
    Johanna...happy Birthday!!!!

For lunch I change it up. Sometimes a lean cuisine. Sometimes a left over dinner serving from night before. Yest I had a good old peanut butter and jelly sandwich...can make all sorts of good sandwiches and have them with cut up veges or fruit. Today I was running late and didn't bring my lunch...so will be dependent on the cafeteria...we have a sandwich and wrap bar with whole grain available and balsalmic vinegar...love a roasted chicken breast on whole wheat tortilla with 1 slice of pepperjack cheese and a ton of veggies on them and the balsalmic....great lunch option.
    Hope everyone has a great Friday...keep up the great work...and for those who have gained like I did...keep on keeping on...we are not giving up!!!!!
  • JustJenn419
    JustJenn419 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    WWWHHHHHHOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!! Where did the week go?!?!?!? IT'S FRIDAY!!!!!!

You all know what that means... It's Weigh In Time!!!! Thanks to those that have already submitted! For the rest of you, anytime between now and Sunday. The sooner the better of course so I can get everything out to you guys by a decent time for Monday.

JUMP JUMP JUMP!!! How's everyone doing? SKIP SKIP SKIP!!! LOVE IT!!!!
  • Trixtabella
    Trixtabella Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I gained 4lbs :(

So I am now 236 not impressed, however I have put my £5 away and I have finished my skipping :)
  • woodyschic
    Options
    CW: 183.4

Love this week's challenges...I will definitely be sticking $5 back a week...and it will be going to some new clothes. I've been scouring the thrift stores around looking for some stuff for now... fave jeans are hanging off me now and I just don't want to put any real $$ into some new clothes until I'm down to my goal.

Have been MIA this week, so just saw the rope skipping challenge. Will get that done this weekend!!
  • teri1956
    teri1956 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Good Morning CCC Friends and Happy Friday!

Sorry for my lack of posts this week work has been busy! I had a good week this week and still keeping up with the H2O and veggies! I have Worked out everyday this week because I will be out of town this weekend! heading to Augusta, GA - anybody been? Any cool things to do?

About the challenge - I remember being so much better at jumping rope when I was like 10... now not so much! I keep tryping or the rope hits my shoe... after several attempts through wednesday, thursday and Friday I have completed 20 minutes. I plan on finishing tomorrow as Sunday is my day OFF from working out!

I only lost a lb. this week! I guess a little loss is better than no loss!
    Hope you all have a great week and will try to check-in through out the weekend!

CW: 154

My Army son was stationed there for a while - it's pretty but also pretty quiet. Except when the Masters Golf Tournament is going on.
  • sarah61587
    sarah61587 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    CW 231.4
    Down 2 pounds despite a super stressful week and TOM showing up for the second time in 3 weeks. Absolutely needed this to get me back on track!! I gave been super stressed with the doctor telling me all of the things I am not allowed to do until testing is finished on my back.....now they want to run some tests and check for MS. Blah. So I am committing to doing my best on the challenges, but will really be concentrating on making time to get to a pool and going for walks, and renewing my focus on drinking enough water and eating healthier. Hope everyone has a great weekend!! I will probably be MIA again for a little while, I have had family here all week, my family just left and now the in-laws are coming in for the next week, then going up near Canada to go camping for 4 days...Good luck everyone! You are doing great!!
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    I'm not checking in with my weight yet, but the challenge is HARD! I couldn't do more than 30 seconds at a time before my feet were killing me! I'm going to make my personal goal 10 minutes, since I have another challenge to do, also. I'm totally going to work up to the full 30 eventually tho! Wow!
  • kristinkt
    kristinkt Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    Yes that is ironic...lol
    That's a great idea. I will try that. Thanks.
    Where will your daughter be going in Texas??
    My son is at Southwestern College in Winfield. Not a bad drive. 5 hours just like driving from here to Houston...lol
    PS. I am sending friend request so we can support each other. Accept if you want to. No prob if you don't . Have a happy happy Friday and thanks for the great advise again!!
    [/quote]I

My daughter is going to SAGU in Waxahachie, TX. It is just south of Dallas. It will be about a 6 hr drive each way for us. I would love to have another friend for added support. Thanks!!