Weird things you do with food

Options

Replies

• mutantspicy
    mutantspicy Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I like cold mashed potatoes with the jellied cranberry stuff from a can no butter or gravy necessary.
    In same vane I like baked potatoes with steak blood instead of butter.
    I like salads with just red or basalmic vinegar and no oil.
    I put worchestershire sauce on my french fries, seriously this is not weird you need to do it immediately.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    When I'm eating alone, I'll eat most things with my hands, instead of using utensils.
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,318 Member
    Options
    well, since I'll probably never meet anyone of you in person...if the food is saucy, I lick my plate to get all the sauce, my kids always made fun of me. I also like to separate & eat my food
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,318 Member
    Options
    also I love to scrape the bottom of a pot when the rice or anything stuck to it, not really burned but almost, sometimes I'd leave a little in the pot & do it on purpose
  • musicfan68
    musicfan68 Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    I take Double Stuf Oreos apart and eat the middles and throw away the cookie part. Saves calories anyway! LOL!
  • widgit808
    widgit808 Posts: 193 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I like cold mashed potatoes with the jellied cranberry stuff from a can no butter or gravy necessary.
    I put worchestershire sauce on my french fries, seriously this is not weird you need to do it immediately.

@mutantspicy I'm with you on the salads with vinegar and no oil! Worcestershire on fries i will have to try....have you ever had it on grilled cheese? So freakin good!!
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    I bathe in pizza sauce.

Pics or it didn't happen :laugh:

I am tired of your neverending demands for sausage pics!

My bad :( .... frankfurter will suffice. :D
  • knotgood77
    knotgood77 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Most people see nutritional yeast as a low cal. supplement for b vitamins.....I see it as an edible form of speedy dry for the oil spill on my plate. I did log those 2 tbsp of butter etc. after all.
  • mutantspicy
    mutantspicy Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    widgit808 wrote: »

@mutantspicy I'm with you on the salads with vinegar and no oil! Worcestershire on fries i will have to try....have you ever had it on grilled cheese? So freakin good!!

No I haven't but that sounds like it would be great.
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    As I was eating my sugar snap peas yesterday, I caught myself eating them weird without realizing it. I was eating the shell so that I could expose the peas inside and then eat the peas and rest of the shell. I seem to eat a lot of food this way, lol. I also like to eat the outsides of carrots first, and then eat the core last. It's sweeter then the rest of the carrot.

Also, if there is mashed potatos on my plate it's basically dipping sauce for whatever meat I have. Chicken fried steak, turkey, chicken, beef... All get dipped into the mashed potatoes. Not sure how weird or unusual that is, but it's opposite of how a lot of people want everything separated.
  • DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    Options
    Also, if there is mashed potatos on my plate it's basically dipping sauce for whatever meat I have. Chicken fried steak, turkey, chicken, beef... All get dipped into the mashed potatoes. Not sure how weird or unusual that is, but it's opposite of how a lot of people want everything separated.

That is the proper way to eat/use mashed potatoes. Even better if you use the potatoes as an edible containment vehicle for real gravy.

Gravy on potatoes, potatoes on meat.
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    Now I want chicken fried steak...
  • alyssa_rest
    alyssa_rest Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Doritos and cream cheese
    Dill pickle wrapped in american cheese

My husband uses peanut butter on/in everything. Sandwiches, chili, on peppers, hot dogs, etc. His father and grandfather are the same way. He also mixes apple sauce in with his tuna noodle casserole.
  • Kadoober
    Kadoober Posts: 289 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    If I go out for breakfast, I order my eggs basted. I eat all the white around the yolk, and then very carefully peel the white that has formed a skin on top of the yolk. I then salt the yolk, puncture it with my fork, and dip rye toast into it. That first bite of yolky, salty toast = the best bite of food in my world.

Breaking the yolk before it is salted and completely skin free RUINS THE EGG.

I'll still eat it, but I'll be salty about it.
  • amelialoveshersnacks
    amelialoveshersnacks Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I like to eat porridge on toast. That's the only food quirk I have.
  • nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Sometimes for a low-cal snack, I squeeze out a couple of teaspoons of hot mustard and eat it straight.
  • rhododendron33
    rhododendron33 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    If I'm ever in a position where ramen is my only option (I'm talkin' the packaged stuff) then I'll dress it up with random seasonings, and add an egg on top. That, or a splash of red wine vinegar. Not too much or it's far too acidic, but it tastes pretty good (at least to me).

I've eaten ranch on rice before. I could eat ranch on practically anything, but that one was probably one of the weirdest. I don't ever do it anymore, thank goodness, but I totally could.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    I fry bacon and then make scrambled eggs in the same pan with a little of the drippings remaining in the morning. This alone isn't weird. However, I don't eat them at breakfast time; I put them in a container and eat them at lunchtime. I prefer room temperature eggs and I eat on a 16/6 schedule. In fact, I'm eating my eggs right now.

6 of them.

I love eggs.
  • DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    Options
    brower47 wrote: »
    I fry bacon and then make scrambled eggs in the same pan with a little of the drippings remaining in the morning. This alone isn't weird. However, I don't eat them at breakfast time; I put them in a container and eat them at lunchtime. I prefer room temperature eggs and I eat on a 16/6 schedule. In fact, I'm eating my eggs right now.

6 of them.

I love eggs.

Hot eggs are iffy. Room temp eggs are the way to go. I feel the same way about most food. The best way to to ruin food is to try and eat it when it's too hot.