Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

"Natural foods" vs "others"

Options

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,170 Member
    Options
    TR0berts wrote: »
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    When my sister and I were staying in the PNW when my mother was sick I had a bunch of those Safeway soups. Thus, I wondered what these terrifying ingredients were that only people who are unenlightened would eat (we don't have Safeway where I live, but I never realized it was some chamber of horrors).

So here's the first one I found online, Tuscan Tomato and Basil Bisque:

Tomato Puree, Cream, Canola Oil, Sugar, Onions, Butternut Squash. Less than 2% of: Chicken Stock Concentrate, Butter, Salt, Garlic, Modified Cornstarch, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Enriched Wheat Flour, Cultured Dextrose, Whey Protein Concentrate, Flavoring, Dehydrated Tomatoes, Red Pepper, Basil, Dehydrated Onions, Yeast Extract, Annatto Extract for Color, Spices, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein.

Doesn't actually seem that scary.

Butternut squash. That's scary. That's just my own opinion, though.

Truth in advertising: I'm the one who woo-ed you. 'Cos that's woo. I just ate 174g of winter squash. With shiro miso. Yum. ;)

I'll skip the soup, though, thanks.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    LOL
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    When my sister and I were staying in the PNW when my mother was sick I had a bunch of those Safeway soups. Thus, I wondered what these terrifying ingredients were that only people who are unenlightened would eat (we don't have Safeway where I live, but I never realized it was some chamber of horrors).

Tomato Puree, Cream, Canola Oil, Sugar, Onions, Butternut Squash. Less than 2% of: Chicken Stock Concentrate, Butter, Salt, Garlic, Modified Cornstarch, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Enriched Wheat Flour, Cultured Dextrose, Whey Protein Concentrate, Flavoring, Dehydrated Tomatoes, Red Pepper, Basil, Dehydrated Onions, Yeast Extract, Annatto Extract for Color, Spices, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein.

Spiralized roasted butternut squash noodles are actually quite good with "Ka-Pow Tofu" (Basically, tofu that's been dredged in cornstarch, sauteed, then added to sauteed onion, red pepper, Thai basil or cilantro and garlic, with a spicy soy-based stirfry sauce added)
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    mph323 wrote: »
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    mph323 wrote: »
    SaunaSuit wrote: »
    Person- yes! Natural is digested easily and body loves it , other kind harms your body and has toxins and all.

I am suffering from this for the last 2 days~ My daughter bought some Oranges, Not realizing they are GMO's and I can say they had no juice, it was like Dry and I think it packed up in my body~ So much I had to clean out my stomach today~ I had no choice. I got no sleep last night, the pain was un-godly~ But I am feeling better now~ There must have been a lot of chemicals in that orange, I have only had one but that "ONE" has kicked my butt today~ On top of everything I am going through~ The pulp matter of fact bounced when it fell from the orange? One of them opened up and fell on my plate and it bounced off. That is when I realized this is not 'NORMAL'.

GMO oranges aren't a thing - here's a list of foods that you could buy that might be genetically modified:

Corn, soybeans, cotton, canola, alfalfa, sugar beets, papaya, squash, artic apples, innate potatoes, aquabounty salmon.
    (I don't even know what those last two are).

https://www.bestfoodfacts.org/what-foods-are-gmo/

Another source which verifies the above: https://gmoanswers.com/ask/are-sun-pacific-oranges-gmo-free

Even if they were GMO (which obviously not), why would they make them dry? Wouldn't they aim for juicier or sweeter? Something more appealing, so they would sell?

GMO fruit vampires, sucking the life-juices from the poor fruits...

Ah, I almost forgot about the Citric Chupacabra.

<3
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options

Spiralized roasted butternut squash noodles are actually quite good with "Ka-Pow Tofu" (Basically, tofu that's been dredged in cornstarch, sauteed, then added to sauteed onion, red pepper, Thai basil or cilantro and garlic, with a spicy soy-based stirfry sauce added)

I wish all of those things agreed with me, because that sounds delicious. I love tofu, but it doesn't love me. Same for onions and garlic.