NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Options

Replies

• TrishasTime
    TrishasTime Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone

No chance of me catching all the news here, so I will draw a line in the sand to say, I am back, will be here more regularly as I am back to normal hours.

I hope everyone is well

Trish
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,970 Member
    Options
    @gemwolf110 Yes, it's not for everyone that's for sure! I did it once before and wasn't successful. I'm in a different place in my life now, and have more "tools" in my bucket. I'm doing well so far, since 5/12 (which is when I started the challenge), I've lost 2.9 lbs!

@TrishasTime no need to cath up...just jump in where you are and welcome back, I've missed you!

Hi all. I'm going to drag my husband to BodyPump this morning and then go grocery shopping for healthy groceries. Later today, I will go for a walk with a friend for coffee. I hope you have a nice day.
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,233 Member
    Options
    @Jimb376mfp Woohoo on making lifetime. That's quite an achievement. I think any plan works if you work the plan and be consistent. I think finding the right plan that fits into your lifestyle is the answer.

@MiirandaC I don't know exactly. Maybe do a search of a freestyle calculator and see if someone has come up with one yet.

cbabie Party over. Yes. Now to get back to my routine.

gemwolf If you can't do Healthywage, what could you do instead that is like that but doable for you. I once did something like that with a friend and basically we just traded money back and forth.

Trishastime Welcome back

trooworld Hooray for losing almost 3 lbs. Awesome. Just keep working your plan.

So back to reality. Tomorrow I will weigh in.

• TrishasTime
    Options
    Morning everyone

@trooworld - I am loving you changed mindset - Congrats on the loss - well done :)

@theslightedgeforever _ Good luck with your weigh in - fingers cross for a loss despite that you have been away

@gemwolf110 - I know that @trooworld is doing this, if you think it will work for you then go fo it

@cbabie - How did you go with the trainer today?

Today is Sunday here in OZ. I have to go food shopping and do the ironing. I am thinking of doing a silverside with roast veges for dinner, as it is getting cold in the evening. Will watch my portions though.

GD has 2 weeks from school due to exams - I have asked her to take over some of the cooking for me - lets see how that goes

Trish
  • trooworld
    edited May 2018
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever welcome back! I hope your weigh in is not a surprise and that it is tolerable. :)

@TrishasTime thank you! :) I had to look up what a silverside was...we don't use that term here. Beef with veggies sounds good! I'm making Lemony Chicken Saltimbocca with roasted brussels sprouts for dinner. I hope your GD takes over some of the cooking.

Hello all. I did really well yesterday. I got over 10,750 steps in by the end of the day, I ate well, I went to that BodyPump class and I had a good attitude. Now to repeat today! I actually may have overdid it yesterday as my knee was hurting halfway through my walk with my friend. I had to kind of limp home. I actually need to go to the farmer's market, or the produce store, to get some veggies because I need another side dish for one of our meals this week. I want to go to the farmer's market but I'm limited on time, so it may have to be the produce store. Here is one of the recipes I am making this week, it is a really beautiful salad I thought I would share:

Glass Noodle Salad

2 rice noodle nests
    3⁄4 cup frozen shelled edamame
    1⁄2 cucumber cut into ribbons
    3 1⁄2 oz sugar snap peas sliced diagonally
    Zesty Asian dressing:
    1 small red chile finely chopped
    1 thumb-sized piece of fresh ginger root peeled and grated
    1 lime grated zest and juice of
    2 tablespoons tamari
    1⁄2 tablespoon sesame oil
    1 1⁄2 tablespoons maple syrup
    1⁄2 tablespoon rice mirin
    To serve:
    2 scallions sliced
    2 tablespoons black sesame seeds

DIRECTIONS:
    Place the rice noodles and edamame in a large bowl and cover with freshly boiled water. Let soak for 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally with chopsticks to break up the nests of noodles. When the noodles are soft, drain and set aside.

To make the dressing, mix the chile and ginger together in a small bowl to form a paste, then add the remaining ingredients and whisk together vigorously.

Pour the dressing over the noodles and combine, using your hands. Add the cucumber and sugar snap peas to the bowl and mix to combine. Refrigerate until needed.

When ready to serve, garnish with the scallion and sesame seeds.
  • TrishasTime
    Options
    Morning everyone

It is Monday and back to work for me today. Hoping to be more active during the day

Trish
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    trishastime Since I have been on vacation I'm totally lost on which day it is. (my friends and family would tell you I'm like that normally) Since my kids are not in school anymore, I never know. Once dh retires then I'll totally be lost. I only know the weekend now. lol When you said it's Monday, I thought, it is? Then realized it is where you are...... I was gone 4 weeks. I gained 6 lbs. Originally I gained 10 but I knew I was carrying around some fluid. That is now gone. Thank God. Still more than I would have liked but considering I ate out almost every meal, better than I did last year.

trooworld Now I get to ask you what a Saltimbocca is. lol So your salad is served cold? I'd have to go buy most everything for the dressing. Great job on the steps.

I began journaling yesterday. I read this book Weight Loss for Wimps. The bad habits I'm going to break first are going back for seconds and never or infrequently exercising on purpose. Then start working on the rest of the book and it's "homework".

• trooworld
    Options
    @gemwolf110 you are welcome!

@theslightedgeforever a saltimbocca just is a dish of rolled pieces of meat cooked with herbs, bacon or prosciutto and other flavorings. The lemony chicken saltimbocca dish I made, the chicken was wrapped in prosciutto with a piece of sage and had a lemon sauce. It was pretty good. The salad is served cold...maybe you could buy a dressing premade to use, like Newman's Light Sesame or something? That sounds like an interesting book.

@cbabie, it's been 5 days, where are you? @theslightedgeforever, send out the hounds!!!

Hi all. Well, I didn't get all my meal prep done yesterday because I was hit in the face with a big wall of depression and anxiety. For a few hours, I couldn't do anything and then I told myself, "Just cut up the veggies for one dish, that' all you have to do." I did that and that led to cooking that dish and pretty soon I was cooking another and then another. Now, all that needs cooking is one dish and the salad. And I feel a little better today. I was just feeling overwhelmed yesterday.
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    Morning all, I am sorry, I kind of went off a bit. I did get to the gym today and walked for 30 min. I feel icky and I am trying to stay on track today. However, I am still getting better and not so many emotional eating binges...yesterday it was just because I never eat cheesecake that I ate some and was going to eat seconds....but stopped myself. ( some of it was emotional..reason for stopping)

@TrishasTime I didn't meet with my trainer, I blew it off... :(:(:( I meet with him on Thursday and no I don't plan on blowing him off...

@trooworld I love that you got yourself out of depression...I am getting better at that too...

@gemwolf110 Here is the recipie I use..

INGREDITENTS:
    1/2 cup shea butter
    1/2 cup mango butter (can use cocoa)
    1/2 cup coconut oil
    1/2 cup carrier oil (can use any two of almonds52douibky3h.jpg
    , rose hip, sunflower, grape seed, apricot, olive) I use almond and rose hip
    1 tbsp arrowroot powder
    1 tbsp kaolin clay
    1 tsp vitamin e oil
    Essental oils of choice

*I like patchouli, tea tree, frank and orange. or lavender and frank.
    **this time I used Tangerine and Frankincense. 10 drops each...I think next time I would use more tangerine...

DIRECTIONS:

1. Combine the butters and coconut oil in a double broiler. (or makeshift with pyrex glass bowl or measuring cup in pan of water) and melt.
    2. Once mixture has completely melted, allow to cool for 15-20 minutes then pour into bowl and place in freezer or ice bath until only center is liquid.
    3. In a separate bowl combine liquids, vitamin e, arrowroot and kaolin clay. I use a fork to mix and then set aside.
    4. Once butter is halfway hardened (edges will be solid middle will be liquid or like jello) Remove from freezer or ice bath and pout in the arrowroot mixture and blend together.
    5. once you have whipped it up then add essential oils and mix well. (can use mixer for this part as well)
    6. allow to sit overnight, it will become thicker and to it’s true consistency. Store in air tight container and enjoy.

Has shelf life of 6-8 months.

Cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    trooworld Your overwhelming day reminded me of the book I read called Mini Habits for Weight Loss. He says break them down so small that even on your busiest or off day you would still be able to do it. That's just what you did. You broke it down to a baby step and then continued. Good for you. I need to do that with my suitcases. Oh and exercise.

cbabie Good for you that you exercised and stopped yourself from eating the second piece of cheesecake.

gemwolf What one good thing did you do for yourself yesterday?

I worked more in my journal on my boundaries. I wrote out different situations that would cause me to not follow my food or exercise plan. Then I rated them from easiest to hardest (1-5) to stick to them and now comes the fun part of making the boundaries. You gotta stay in your lane. The new cars have those alarms that sound when your tire crosses over to the next lane. Annoying but needed for safety. So my hardest time to stick to my food plan is going out of town and when having overnight guests The hardest time to stick to my exercise plan is when I'm sick and overnight guests. Oh I need to add having grown children come back and live with me to both of these lists.

• trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie I'm glad you got to the gym. Unfortunately, I got back into my depression and anxiety. :( Still in it.

@theslightedgeforever thanks. It did help. Boundaries are hard to work on and they are so important.

Hi all. Well, the depression and anxiety came back and is hitting me hard. It's hard to go to work like this and pretend I'm fine. It takes a lot of energy to do that. I'm glad I managed to do a lot of meal prep on Sunday, it is really going to save me. Hubby finished most of the meal prep last night. I love that man. I peeked at the scale and I've lost more weight...since 5/12, I've lost 3.5 lbs. I'm really pleased with this. Well, have a good day everyone.
  • YolliB2014
    YolliB2014 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Well, today's goal was more water,
    As I stated earlier I usually drink in total about 1 cup a day
    So far I'm at 3 cups and a very iced down Coke !

Good job... that’s exactly how I stopped drinking my colas. It worked great for me. Haven’t had one since christmas!!!
  • YolliB2014
    YolliB2014 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hello
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    trooworld Depression is hard. When I get that way, I just lay in bed and read. I don't care if anything gets done. Luckily I have that choice though. Maybe try journaling your feelings. Everything I keep reading is that we are to "feel" those things instead of trying to push them away or use food, alcohol, drugs, etc to help not feel them. Good for you for continuing to lose weight. That has to make you happy.

@YolliB2014 Good for you on the water. That is something I struggle with.

More journaling for me today. Right now I'm looking towards July 4 and I want to lose 7 lbs between now and then. Totally doable if I just follow my plan.
  • TrishasTime
    Options
    Morning everyone

@trooworld - Sorry that you are feeling anxious - It is horrible when things start to overwhelm you. Perhaps take it easy for a few days.

@YolliB2014 - Hello back to you. I love my water so I am always good with that

@theslightedgeforever - I can tell you that if I am over tired and stressed from work together - any eating plan goes out the window. It does not matter if I have healthy snacks etc - I just want SUGAR - in any form. I am working on how to handle the stress better, but when a government department has been making people redundant for the past 3 years and you do not know if you will have a job next week AND you are getting the extra work from the people who were made redundant - it is just a matter of surviving as best you can.

@cbabie - Thankyou for the receipe. What is frankensense used for.

Off to work I go

Trish

• trooworld
    Options
    @YolliB2014 Hello!

@theslightedgeforever yes, it is very, very hard. I found an app that is kind of like a journal that helps negate the negative thoughts associated with the depression and anxiety. I tried it yesterday and it helped me. I was reading a book yesterday that said something similar to what you are saying, it said that we basically have to push through it, keep pushing ourselves and not feed the depression. That is a very doable goal for you, you can do it, I believe in you!

@TrishasTime thank you. I wish I could take a few days off from work, but I cannot. Gotta keep pushing through.

@gemwolf110 Yay good for you!

Hi all. I'm feeling a bit better today, which is good because yesterday was a real low point. I came home from work early and just slept for a while and then I said to myself, "I've got to do something". So I downloaded a kindle book on how to help yourself while depressed. I also downloaded that app I mentioned to theslightedgeforever and the two together helped improve my mood a little. I hope to make it through the day today.
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    Trishastime That must be very stressful to have to live with the uncertainty. Do you have a plan B in the wings? That's good that you are successful with water

gemwolf110 Are the oils for pets or is that a separate subject?

trooworld Again, easier said that done but I guess practice makes perfect. Maybe it will become like muscle memory. Automatic thoughts will take over. It's nice to find little tools that help us.

Yesterday, one of my new goals was to get in 5000 steps. Normally my goal is 8000 but I'm working myself back up to that again. All I want to do is sit here after vacation and do nothing. I know I needed to do some exercise so I decided to knock out my yoga day as it's always the one I procrastinate on. I did that and then realized I was short about 800 steps to reach my goal and midnight was coming and it would revert to 0 again. So I went outdoors and started walking on the sidewalk around my house. I got in 20 min that way. I looked on Pinterest to find a cute way to journal my daily habits. Lots of good creative ideas.
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    Oh just realized I said "I needed to do some exercise". That is a should statement versus a want statement. In one of my books using the word should comes from a place outside myself and means someone else's authority. I will be more successful if I want to exercise because it's good for my health.
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    Afternoon: When my routine gets broken I don't get on here. I am sorry. My eating hasn't improved, unless you look at eating more improving...LOL I did get to the gym twice this week. I am supposed to meet with the trainer tomorrow. He is getting to be brutal...UGH..

@trooworld I hope you just keep feeling better and better...tell that Depression to GO..Yea I am one to talk. LOL I have been rebounding better. I just listened to the celebration of life for Gary D Young of Young Living....wow he pushed through lot of things and had such great faith. He made a change in the lives of many. He has left a great legacy. I said that to say sometimes EO will help give you a lift.

@gemwolf110 Welcome!

@TrishasTime Frankincense is so good for many things, it is great for your skin, but also it has other properties: Anticancer, Anti depressant, anti-infectious, anti-inflammatory, the list goes on. I use it also sometimes when I pray, just to anoint myself, it is such a great smelling oil.

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    edited May 2018
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever yes, much easier said than done. That's good that you are working towards getting back to your normal goals, I think 5,000 steps is reasonable. Nice NSV, going outside to walk that last 20 minutes!

@cbabie go face the music at the gym with the trainer...be brave LOL that's great that you went twice to the gym! I have essential oils, I keep forgetting about those. I have a variety pack, I'll have to break them out.

Hi all. Well, the depression has gone into remission (for now) I say remission vs. gone because when you have Major Depressive Disorder, it doesn't permanently go away. It's always waiting in the shadows to pop out when you least expect it lol. I lost -0.6 lbs this week. I'm happy enough about that. I wish it would have been a little more, and I think it would have been but I had a noodle salad for dinner last night so that may have affected my weigh-in. My goal this next week is to drink more water. I did drink more water this week, but I want to drink even more...115 oz a day.