Culking Fall of 2017!!!!!

191011121315»

Replies

• Silkysausage
    Silkysausage Posts: 502 Member
    Can I ask why you need to lose weight before a bulk.... isn't that counterproductive? Just asking, I know nothing ;)
  • Davidsdottir
    Davidsdottir Posts: 1,285 Member
    Can I ask why you need to lose weight before a bulk.... isn't that counterproductive? Just asking, I know nothing ;)

The idea isn't losing weight per se, it's losing fat. The leaner you are, the more primed your body is to add muscle, making for a better muscle to fat gain ratio during your bulk.
  • Silkysausage
    Silkysausage Posts: 502 Member

The idea isn't losing weight per se, it's losing fat. The leaner you are, the more primed your body is to add muscle, making for a better muscle to fat gain ratio during your bulk.

I see, thank you.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    edited April 2018
    I probably should change the name of this thread if we want to keep it going.

Anyways, found a current 1RM on my deadlift this past week (bro week). I went 275x5, 285x4, 295x3, 315x2 and 335x1 (tried 345 and it didn't go anywhere, lol). So looks like my 1RM is around 335, which isn't bad for a years worth a training with a 3 month gap in lifting due to a preggo wife. Starting 1RM a year ago was 235.. yep, a weak *kitten* bish I was.

ETA: Bro week is my deload week. Instead of the normal 40 - 60% load, my friends and I just show up to the gym that week and bro it out with whatever we are in the mood to do. Mostly higher rep, lighter weight, but sometimes we will shoot for 1RM sets. It seems to help with my progress, but it also helps mentally.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    psuLemon wrote: »
    I probably should change the name of this thread if we want to keep it going.

Anyways, found a current 1RM on my deadlift this past week (bro week). I went 275x5, 285x4, 295x3, 315x2 and 335x1 (tried 345 and it didn't go anywhere, lol). So looks like my 1RM is around 335, which isn't bad for a years worth a training with a 3 month gap in lifting due to a preggo wife. Starting 1RM a year ago was 235.. yep, a weak *kitten* bish I was.

ETA: Bro week is my deload week. Instead of the normal 40 - 60% load, my friends and I just show up to the gym that week and bro it out with whatever we are in the mood to do. Mostly higher rep, lighter weight, but sometimes we will shoot for 1RM sets. It seems to help with my progress, but it also helps mentally.

Nice. I squatted 225 today at a 7.5 RPE. My best meet squat is/was 226. :o
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    Looking pretty good for being fluffy @Gallowmere1984!
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    bioklutz wrote: »

I spent a long time with the veins in my abs having veins on their abs, so this is taking some getting used to. I can’t *kitten* about the lifting progress though.
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member

I spent a long time with the veins in my abs having veins on their abs, so this is taking some getting used to. I can’t *kitten* about the lifting progress though.

You still have some nice veins on your arms and I can still see that you have abs! You really don't look fluffy. I apologize, I was teasing you a tiny bit and it probably didn't come out right... Very nice progress! :)
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member

You still have some nice veins on your arms and I can still see that you have abs! You really don't look fluffy. I apologize, I was teasing you a tiny bit and it probably didn't come out right... Very nice progress! :)

No, I took it exactly as you intended. My own response was a bit of poking fun at my own headspace. A bit of that “never big and/or lean enough” mentality that crawls into the head of nearly every serious student of the game.