Less Alcohol- May 2018- One Day at a Time

Options

Replies

• RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,174 Member
    Options
    I feel like that a lot when I drink . I do not enjoy the next morning or day after the night of drinking. I try to remind myself that before I start drinking ; “ is this something I really wanna do ?”

Yes, that's true. After work today, I was "excited" that I wont be drinking tonight. It is so much better not to drink - you feel clear, energetic and calm. I don't know why but wine has a very negative effect on me over the last year. Maybe with hormonal changes or my liver is not working to optimal capacity. It's brutal what even two glasses can do.
    Tonight, I'm back to Perrier and look forward to a good night sleep.
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    https://thisnakedmind.com/6-reasons-i-dont-drink-alcohol/

I was just researching why as I age my body cannot handle the alcohol like it used to. Of course, it has to do with aging organs do not work as well as they did when young. Anyway, this was one of the first search links that popped up. Yet another subtle reminder how good that book This Naked Mind is and how many lives the author Annie Grace has changed.
  • SpanishFusion
    SpanishFusion Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    lorib642 wrote: »
    The only thing keeping me sober now is that there is no alcohol in the house. Have cravings but it is bearable. Just distracting myself. thank you

Keep at it you are doing great!
  • starryk02
    starryk02 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Is this something that will be started in june?
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    starryk02 there will be a new thread in June.

So I ended up texting the guy as he wanted to go for drinks. i told him I was taking a break from alcohol and he has gone silent. I am fine with that. I figured he went quiet before and there is a probably a reason we did not continue seeing each other. I need to continue not drinking right now. Tomorrow is 30 days and I commit to not drinking in June as well.

Well, he made it easy for you. You wouldn't want someone like that:) You want someone who is proud of you and supportive. At least, it was in the early stages of dating you found out. Congrats on day 30!
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    starryk02 wrote: »
    Is this something that will be started in june?

Yes, the thread will start fresh in June. We will post a link in a few days to the June thread.
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    @lorib642 Awesome job! Keep it up! xo
  • lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Thank you
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    starryk02 there will be a new thread in June.

So I ended up texting the guy as he wanted to go for drinks. i told him I was taking a break from alcohol and he has gone silent. I am fine with that. I figured he went quiet before and there is a probably a reason we did not continue seeing each other. I need to continue not drinking right now. Tomorrow is 30 days and I commit to not drinking in June as well.

Nice!! That took strength and commitment. If I were in that situation it is what I SHOULD do to shut the door early but that is not something I have mastered yet. I like leaving the option open until the last minute which does not always end going the way I want it to.
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    erikNJ wrote: »
    @JulieAL1969 i found one of the groups you mentioned. I got placed in one of the competitor groups. So get ready for some (friendly) competition!

Also, thank you for keeping this going. I know it helps for a lot of us!

So happy you found the group! It's very motivating. Love to have a friendly competition!

Love this thread! I need it more than ever. We are all so good for each other!
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    You probably react badly to the tannins in wine that are not present in vodka. This is what is dumb about me. I know how to drink with very little hangover. Why didn't I spend that time figuring out I shouldn't be drinking instead of how to get away with it?

The tannins are somewhat common knowledge. I won't share my other tricks as it would be counter-productive to this thread.

Happy Memorial Day to All and a special thanks to current and past members of our armed forces.