JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Replies

• sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    JFY (Tuesday)
    1. Drink 8 glasses of water before allowing myself a Diet Coke :/ (Drank all my water, but did end up having my Diet Coke first)
    2. Log all the food I eat :)
    3. Stay "in the green" with my calories :)
    4. Stay "in the green" with my sodium intake :/
    5. Go to the gym :)
    6. Complete 4 orders from my shop :)

JFT (Wednesday)
    1. Drink 8 glasses of water before allowing myself a Diet Coke
    2. Log all the food I eat
    3. Stay "in the green" with my calories
    4. Stay "in the green" with my sodium intake
    5. Go to the gym
    6. Complete 4 orders from my shop
  • Michaela_LaGata
    Michaela_LaGata Posts: 135 Member
    Happy summer everyone if you're in the northern hemisphere.
    It's not official till mid-june but hey in the states we start right after Memorial Day weekend. Our building deck is open and it overlooks a park so it's really nice to spend time out there.
    Well I violated my kitchen closed and oral hygiene by 7:30 plan and I snacked and I think my my. Downfall was that I started reading the news late in the evening which isn't good because I need to think about preparations for the next day for work and home management stuff.

Next time I'll just listen to some relaxing movement while I'm tidying up and also maybe one of my audiobooks.

Just for today
    Clean and green eating
  • Michaela_LaGata
    Michaela_LaGata Posts: 135 Member
    sarah74_vt wrote: »
    JFY (Tuesday)
    1. Drink 8 glasses of water before allowing myself a Diet Coke :/ (Drank all my water, but did end up having my Diet Coke first)
    2. Log all the food I eat :)
    3. Stay "in the green" with my calories :)
    4. Stay "in the green" with my sodium intake :/
    5. Go to the gym :)
    6. Complete 4 orders from my shop :)

JFT (Wednesday)
    1. Drink 8 glasses of water before allowing myself a Diet Coke
    2. Log all the food I eat
    3. Stay "in the green" with my calories
    4. Stay "in the green" with my sodium intake
    5. Go to the gym
    6. Complete 4 orders from my shop

Sounds good and good luck to you.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,598 Member
    Recap T 5/29 ~ back to routine for 3 days ~ Friday off for GDO (Girls Day Out)
    1) Walked dog before work / 3.4 mi 1:01:39 / stretched after = happy dog B) + happy me B)
    2) Meals & snacks prelogged for day / stick w/ plan / net calories green / NO evening snacking = Net calories green (yay), sodium -515, sugar -18 (power muffin, 4 Hershey miniatures), fiber & protein good & 14c water / NO evening snacking, just had one more pint glass of water :smiley:
    3) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work = Fitbit 16,090 steps, 250+ steps 14/14 (boom!) & 47 floors :smiley: included stressful unannounced active shooter drill (we knew it was this week *sometime*) & debrief on 2nd floor :# so thankful my officemate is former security officer
    4) Evening: mail belated bday card to D :smiley: / wash towels :smiley: / meal plan + grocery list :smiley: excited that found recipes I had forgotten about & ready to make again / 1 - 2 to-do's = bought fruit tray for work thing I forgot about & putzy stuff around house :smile:
    5) UNPLUG 9:00 :neutral: hubby asked me to make hotel reservation for our June vacation & happy to :p / floss :smiley: / RETAINERS :smiley: / bed & TV off 10:15 :smiley: (W a.m. weight machine & circuit-training)

JFT W 5/30
    1) Weight machine & circuit training before work :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work
    3) Meals & snacks prelogged / stick w/ plan / net calories green / NO evening snacking
    4) Draft prof org position role documents & upload (due 5/31) / reopen last seminar registration for K payment / update officer codes per C email
    5) Remember to leave work 5 min. early / haircut appt. / grocery shop
    6) UNPLUG 9:00 / floss / retainers / bed & TV off 10:15 (month end measurements R a.m.)
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,149 Member
    JFT Wednesday
    - Make a plan to get myself back on track, get it written down and put it on the wall in the kitchen.

Anyone have any tips? I’ve just not got it in me at all, don’t know if it’s me being lazy or what but I’m really not feelin it!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,917 Member
    The DH had a super $hitty day at work. We're pretty set on him transferring to a store nearer to us. He's fed up with his store. He won't even really talk to me about it because he's still angry after his day today. I brought beer home and he is now happily drunk...not the best solution but he was pretty hellbent on it.

Anyway, my day went well. Work was pretty insanely boring until I decided to organize one of the two-drawer filing cabinets in the branch. The first drawer was full of forms and random things that dated back as far as 21 years! Some of the files had forms that were also in 2 other folders in 2 other drawers. We moved a bunch, condensed even more of them, and shredded even more than that! But now the bottom drawer is empty except for a file that has policy guides from Homeland Security and Secret Service. Lol. The top drawer is about 1/3 full of folders with different forms all divided up and alphabetized. Lol. Kept me busy for about an hour and a half. I was sitting on the floor happy has a duck in a pond. Lol. That is the thing that I really enjoy doing. If I could make decent money being a file clerk I would probably do it. Tomorrow I am going to go even further and organize the folders inside the folders. Lol. I want to make things as easy to find as possible. That is what I am good at. But the workday ended and suddenly it was the middle of the week! I can't begin to tell you how happy I am about that!
    JFT, 5/29/18

1. Make lunches for me and the DH :)I'm attempting a week of mindful eating and I did this with my lunch today
    2. Work 8:15-5:15 :)
    3. Stick to food plan for the day!!!! :|Matt didnt want dinner so I made myself a salad and then have snacked all the rest of the night, I am going to brush my teeth after I finish this frozen fruit bar. LOL
    4. Do 2 things on To-Do list :|Spent the evening being a friend to my husband. He needed some companionship after his crappy day
    5. Find out about oil change :|I'm going to do this right after I brush my teeth.
    6. Walmart :/A coworker gave me a box of K-Cups that she isn't a fan of. Coffee was the whole reason I was going to go to Walmart so there was no need now
    7. Dinner/DishesI have a few forks left I think so the sink will be clear before bed
    8. Teeth/Face by 10pm :)This will be done in about 10 minutes
    9. Lights off by 11 :)Most probably
    TTYL!

JFT, 5/30/18

1. Up by 6:10
    2. Meditate/prayer
    3. Yoga(?)
    4. Lunches
    5. Pick up milk for work
    6. Work 815-515
    7. Dinner/Dishes
    8. Talk to DH about transfer steps
    9. Dinner/Dishes
    10. Call Dad
    11. Teeth/Face by 10
    12. Lights out by 11

I hope everyone has a great night!

I love organizing too, I wish I could be a professional organizer. I have no idea how I would get started in that business though.
  • Snowflake1968
    Yesterday's commitments:

- Log everything I eat :)
    - Stick to food plan :)
    - Run to work :)
    - Be in the green (without eating back exercise calories) :)

- 30+ minute lunch break :)
    - French podcast and article :)
    - Finish work by 7pm latest :)
    - May challenge: 15 mins walking outside :)

Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Go to gym at lunch
    - Be in the green (without eating back exercise calories)
    - 30+ minute lunch break
    - Don't do more than 10 hours of work today *
    - French podcast, article and book
    - May challenge: 15 mins walking outside (after finish working)

* I'm involved in a pilot at work where I can do my weekly hours over a smaller number of days, and then get a day off. This week I have to do 28 hours across Tue - Thu - but I will have Friday off afterwards!

May challenge:
    15th - 15 mins :)
    16th - 20 mins :)
    17th - 15 mins :smile:
    18th - 30 mins :smile:
    19th - 30 mins :smile:
    20th - 30 mins :smile:
    21st - 30 mins :smile:
    22nd - 15 mins :smile:
    23rd - 20 mins :smile:
    24th - 15 mins :smile:
    25th - 30 mins :smile:
    26th - 60 mins+ :smile:
    27th - 20 mins+ :smile:
    28th - 15 mins :)

That is awesome! I know a lot of people that work 10 hour days 4 days a week and therefore get a 3 day weekend every weekend. I would love to have that schedule.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,598 Member
    edited May 2018
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    JFT Wednesday
    - Make a plan to get myself back on track, get it written down and put it on the wall in the kitchen.

Anyone have any tips? I’ve just not got it in me at all, don’t know if it’s me being lazy or what but I’m really not feelin it!

Just go through the motions & take it slow. Start with very small list at first. Once you accomplish 1 or 2 things all week, maybe add something else next week. Eventually you'll start to *feel* it.

I love a post from another MFPer: Motivation is overrated. What you need is education, willingness to eat less, a good plan, and discipline to stick to it.

Be gentle with yourself ~ you have very hectic home life, not to mention a baby! (((hugs)))
  • Snowflake1968
    JFT Wednesday

I don't have any fantastic tips, this is hard stuff losing weight. It's so easy to get sidetracked and not feel it. Just keep thinking of what you want to accomplish and put one foot in front of the other. This is me today:

r8kqo724ekpm.jpg
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,149 Member
    JFT Wednesday

I don't have any fantastic tips, this is hard stuff losing weight. It's so easy to get sidetracked and not feel it. Just keep thinking of what you want to accomplish and put one foot in front of the other. This is me today:

r8kqo724ekpm.jpg

LOL I do that! Pin things then never do it hahaha
  • Snowflake1968
    JFT Wednesday

r8kqo724ekpm.jpg

LOL I do that! Pin things then never do it hahaha

Me too, I have a whole board of Health stuff LOL
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,414 Member
    Oh my goodness! I am 87 posts behind! I don't know when I will find time to catch up with you all, but just know I think of you daily and am sending good positive thoughts and hugs to all.

I need to get in here and post some goals because I'm too far off course with my routines and it's making me crazy and it's not helping weight-wise either!

Just for Today - 5/30/18:
    1. Stay green
    2. No ice cream today
    3. Paint my fingernails
    4. Pay bills
    5. Drink 80+ oz of water
    6. Spend 15 minutes each on (a) mind (b) body and (c) spirit
    7. Catch up on outstanding tasks at work: (a) get through ALL unread emails before leaving today, (b) go through all paperwork and notes on my desk, and (c) go through my outstanding tasks in my work bullet journal.
    8. Stop after work and pick up seeds for garden
    9. Make deposit at bank
    10. Tiny Habits
    11. Catch up on this week's challenge on the Building Healthy Habits group
    12. Bed at 9:00 p.m., sleeping by 10:30 pm
    13. Get up tomorrow without hitting snooze

3 Tiny Habits:
    1. After I eat dinner, I will make tomorrow's lunch
    2. After I make tomorrow's lunch, I will select tomorrow's outfit
    3. After I hear the alarm go off, I will get out of bed

• Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    The DH had a super $hitty day at work. We're pretty set on him transferring to a store nearer to us. He's fed up with his store. He won't even really talk to me about it because he's still angry after his day today. I brought beer home and he is now happily drunk...not the best solution but he was pretty hellbent on it.

Anyway, my day went well. Work was pretty insanely boring until I decided to organize one of the two-drawer filing cabinets in the branch. The first drawer was full of forms and random things that dated back as far as 21 years! Some of the files had forms that were also in 2 other folders in 2 other drawers. We moved a bunch, condensed even more of them, and shredded even more than that! But now the bottom drawer is empty except for a file that has policy guides from Homeland Security and Secret Service. Lol. The top drawer is about 1/3 full of folders with different forms all divided up and alphabetized. Lol. Kept me busy for about an hour and a half. I was sitting on the floor happy has a duck in a pond. Lol. That is the thing that I really enjoy doing. If I could make decent money being a file clerk I would probably do it. Tomorrow I am going to go even further and organize the folders inside the folders. Lol. I want to make things as easy to find as possible. That is what I am good at. But the workday ended and suddenly it was the middle of the week! I can't begin to tell you how happy I am about that!
    JFT, 5/29/18

1. Make lunches for me and the DH :)I'm attempting a week of mindful eating and I did this with my lunch today
    2. Work 8:15-5:15 :)
    3. Stick to food plan for the day!!!! :|Matt didnt want dinner so I made myself a salad and then have snacked all the rest of the night, I am going to brush my teeth after I finish this frozen fruit bar. LOL
    4. Do 2 things on To-Do list :|Spent the evening being a friend to my husband. He needed some companionship after his crappy day
    5. Find out about oil change :|I'm going to do this right after I brush my teeth.
    6. Walmart :/A coworker gave me a box of K-Cups that she isn't a fan of. Coffee was the whole reason I was going to go to Walmart so there was no need now
    7. Dinner/DishesI have a few forks left I think so the sink will be clear before bed
    8. Teeth/Face by 10pm :)This will be done in about 10 minutes
    9. Lights off by 11 :)Most probably
    TTYL!

JFT, 5/30/18

1. Up by 6:10
    2. Meditate/prayer
    3. Yoga(?)
    4. Lunches
    5. Pick up milk for work
    6. Work 815-515
    7. Dinner/Dishes
    8. Talk to DH about transfer steps
    9. Dinner/Dishes
    10. Call Dad
    11. Teeth/Face by 10
    12. Lights out by 11

I hope everyone has a great night!

I love organizing too, I wish I could be a professional organizer. I have no idea how I would get started in that business though.

@snowflake1968 and @HGSmith0920 - if you were in London I would happily pay you both to organise me! I do my best but with the kids it just feels like there is always so much “stuff” everywhere!! We have clearouts all the time but it never lasts. Doesn’t help that the younger daughter loves coming up with craft projects all the time. I am frequently walking around not realising I have bits of sellotape attached to me :(
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    JFT Monday (HAHA IT WAS TUESDAY) Recap
    1. Finish breakfast smoothie :)
    2. Lots of water :)
    3. Log all food :)
    4. Research an easy dinner with ground beef for tonight - :) Researched and then decided it was not the time to be trying new recipes. Stuck with Korean Beef we liked a few weeks ago
    5. Be kind :)
    6. Hard boil eggs >:) DH came down with the cold I had, and this was for him, so I skipped it.
    7. 10 squats every bathroom trip :)

JFT Wednesday
    1. Don't obsess over the details - control what you can and move on.
    2. Lots of water
    3. Log all food
    4. Leftovers for dinner (add an egg to korean beef for more protein if starving)
    5. Be kind AND patient
    6. 10 wall push ups every bathroom trip

@Bex953172 - I put my health off until one random day I was like - "I'm going to change my breakfast routine" I changed that, and got back on MFP. I stuck to small, attainable goals. I did just breakfast for a week. Then week 2 I added healthy lunch to my goals. I never officially changed anything about my dinners but they just started becoming slightly healthier as my habits improved overall. Start small because it feels awesome to achieve goals, no matter how "small" they seem. I stick to an 80/20 mindset - I'll be good 80% of the time and 20% of the time I'll indulge - works out to be a clean week, dirty weekend type set up for me. Some days I'm not into it at all and I have to force myself to reach my goals - but I've found the more success I've had the more determination I've had to continue - I had motivation for like 2 days in the beginning and have had to rely on determination since then. Being a mom is hard work, and youre already cultivating good habits being on MFP! Good luck and happy to be on this journey together! :)

@Michaela_LaGata Happy Summer to you too! Woohoo!
  • Snowflake1968
    @Faebert well I've always wanted to visit London. If I ever win the lottery LOL
  • Snowflake1968
    @AJB1014 what great advise.
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    @snowflake1968 you are always welcome! MFP JFT on tour! Would be so fun to have a big meet up!

Today went well. Seems lots of us lost track over the weekend. I’m happy to be back to routine - hope everyone else had a good day.

Goals for Wednesday
    - morning workout ✅
    - Sort Home insurance ✅
    - Email Holly ✅
    - Walk and coffee out with the kids ✅
    - Batch cooking ✅
    - Make plan for rest of week ✅
    - Early night ✅

Goals for Thursday
    - morning workout
    - P to swimming at 10
    - Jogging with L
    - Make lasagne
    - L dentist at 3
    - 10x reports
    - Stay within calorie goal
    - Early night

X
  • Snowflake1968
    JFT - Tuesday May 29
    2L of Water - :(
    STay in Green - :(
    Outside 15 Minutes - :)
    Write in Journal - :)

JFT - Wednesday May 30
    2L of Water
    Stay in Green
    Outside 15 Minutes
    Write in Journal

I just realized I forgot to update this morning. I had logged in and read everyone's post and forgot. Yesterday was a crap day by about 200 calories. Today may be even worse. It is rainy, cold and dreary, I have been struggling to stay awake at work and have had the munchies. It's Grandkid Wednesday tonight, as per Jonah's request we are having French Toast and Bacon for supper. We're almost out of ice cream so I'll let them all eat it and I will refrain. Next tub of ice cream has to be a kind I don't like. :D Not sure if I'll get my extra calories burned off or not. If not, I won't beat myself up over it. I'll just have to remember it when the scale isn't where I want it to be.