JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Replies

• PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 3,089 Member
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    JFT Wednesday
    - Make a plan to get myself back on track, get it written down and put it on the wall in the kitchen.

Anyone have any tips? I’ve just not got it in me at all, don’t know if it’s me being lazy or what but I’m really not feelin it!

Try Googling "SMART goals". I think this can be helpful.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,149 Member
    SaraKim17 wrote: »
    JFT Wednesday
    - Make a plan to get myself back on track, get it written down and put it on the wall in the kitchen.

Anyone have any tips? I’ve just not got it in me at all, don’t know if it’s me being lazy or what but I’m really not feelin it!

Try Googling "SMART goals". I think this can be helpful.

Thanks I’ll have a look now :)
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,917 Member
    What do you guys think of this...

pns5wqs5gaem.jpg

Excuses don't burn calories

That looks pretty smart to me. I may have to steal your idea.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,250 Member
    What do you guys think of this...

pns5wqs5gaem.jpg

Excuses don't burn calories

Bex - I LOVE this!! THis is what I need to also do!
  • mytime6630
    toaljasa wrote: »
    Wednesday Weigh In
    I began this journey Jan 1, 2018 at 177
    Today I weigh 156, a loss of one pound from last week.
    I am grateful!

JFT
    Drink 8 cups water
    log everything
    be outside ---couldn't really do this while in TX---the combination of heat and humidity just wipe me out, makes me nauseated. So glad to be back in ID!!!
    Peace and joy

5xcbybl9g779.png

GREAT JOB!!!!!! I love hearing these success stories -- you have proved to all of us that determination, hard work, and commitment is what it takes!! We are so grateful to have you as our motivation and inspiration!
  • mytime6630
    LOVE THIS! This is what I needed tonite (after eating way too much ice cream!)

I won't use sugar as an emotional crutch. The physical processing of sugars completes within a matter of hours.
    The emotional processing of sugar can take days or even weeks.
  • mytime6630
    May challenge:
    15th - 15 mins :)
    16th - 20 mins :)
    17th - 15 mins :smile:
    18th - 30 mins :smile:
    19th - 30 mins :smile:
    20th - 30 mins :smile:
    21st - 30 mins :smile:
    22nd - 15 mins :smile:
    23rd - 20 mins :smile:
    24th - 15 mins :smile:
    25th - 30 mins :smile:
    26th - 60 mins+ :smile:
    27th - 20 mins+ :smile:
    28th - 15 mins :)

Awesome job!!!!!
  • Bex953172
    Mari22na wrote: »
    Just for today:

I won't use food to manage stress, as relief, comfort, reward or distraction. When the pressure builds it gives way to thrill eating.

Just for today:

I won't use sugar as an emotional crutch. The physical processing of sugars completes within a matter of hours.
    The emotional processing of sugar can take days or even weeks.

Just for today:

I will flip the switch and turn on the awesome. Energy is through the roof, cravings and triggers are under control, clothes are fitting better and workouts are stronger.

Just for today:

Nothing is perfect or even easy. But I remember....another food bender or thrill eating ride is not a cure for painful knees and joints.

Just for today:

I ate my three meals with gratitude. Ingestion of the entire day's calories at dinner used to result in a significant increase in blood glucose levels and a jacked up increase in insulin responses to eating all of my calories at one time. Just for today, I'm glad that I can look at T2 in the rearview mirror and kick metabolic dysfunction to the curb.

Loving the positive vibe from this post! :)
  • Bex953172
    JFT Thursday

- 8 glasses of water
    - Log all food
    - Avoid ‘my worst foods’ and reach for the ‘alternative!’

Excuses don’t burn calories
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Yesterday's commitments:

- Log everything I eat :smile:
    - Go to gym at lunch :smiley:
    - Be in the green (without eating back exercise calories) :smile:
    - 30+ minute lunch break :smile:
    - Don't do more than 10 hours of work today * :smiley:
    - French podcast, article and book :smile:
    - May challenge: 15 mins walking outside (after finish working) :smile:

Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Stick to food plan
    - 3 bottles water (including one at pub)
    - 30 mins lunch break
    - French podcast, article, book
    - 9h work today (no more!)
    - Leave pub by 8.30
    - May challenge: 15 mins walking outside (after pub)

May challenge:
    15th - 15 mins :)
    16th - 20 mins :)
    17th - 15 mins :smile:
    18th - 30 mins :smile:
    19th - 30 mins :smile:
    20th - 30 mins :smile:
    21st - 30 mins :smile:
    22nd - 15 mins :smile:
    23rd - 20 mins :smile:
    24th - 15 mins :smile:
    25th - 30 mins :smile:
    26th - 60 mins+ :smile:
    27th - 20 mins+ :smile:
    28th - 15 mins :)
    29th - 15 mins :smile:
    30th - 15 mins :smile:
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    @mytime6630 I'm doing well - 22 lb lighter this morning than I was on Jan 1st! (I think quite a lot of the Jan 1st weight wasn't 'real' weight - but either way I've still lost a lot!) 8 lb till my target weight, 3 lb till not overweight anymore. The Beck diet solution has worked really well for me! Starting to get harder again now as (a) weight being lower means it's harder to lose (b) some of the habits haven't stuck and have drifted off as I've got complacent. However lots of habits seem to have stuck which has made a huge difference! I'd encourage you to go back and read it (again?) If you feel you need a bit of a boost - Judith Beck certainly tells us what we need to hear! (I sometimes hear her voice in my head when I'm wanting to eat something I shouldn't. It's really annoying!)

@Bex953172 I really like your plan! There are also lots of low calorie versions of your 'bad' foods that you could try as well. I often drink Options hot chocolate - it's 35 calories per cup and fulfils my cravings for something sweet. It's not that cheap but is often on discount - I've never had to buy it full price... Boots Shapers crisps are light and tasty. (Although I warn you, there are not that many in a packet!) For me, exercise is key to focus on in terms of keeping me on track. It gives me extra calories to play with, but also somehow boosts my mood/ makes me more inclined to eat better as well? That's me though - other things might be more important for you!
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Welcome back @mytime6630. Having gone through separation and (still in the middle of) divorce, I understand your anxiety about your son’s new relationship. It took me two years before I felt really ready to date again and my children have not yet met my partner of over two years! But I’m very cautious and I know others who move on with success quite quickly.

I guess all you can do is focus on being there for your son and grandchildren - it’s at least a positive sign that he wants to involve you. My parents were so important in helping me provide my children with stability when everything was changing. The healthiest, happiest you is what your family needs. Hugs x

And looking forward to a new challenge for June! X
  • Kullerva
    Kullerva Posts: 1,114 Member
    JFT, I will consider consequences for overeating that aren't punishments but are still deterrents. (I've gone down *that* path before. I commit to writing at least three down and putting them in a prominent place where I'll see them every day. I've been doing a lot better this month, but I backslid last night and that has to stop.