Replies

• monstersweetsbyallison
    Options
    JFT: Stay in the green (1500 calories)
    Do calisthenics (20 minutes)
    Do running workout (12 minutes)
  • monstersweetsbyallison
    Options
    I guess I should say a little something about myself. I love this thread! I'm the mom of a 4 month old looking to lose weight. Currently 151 lbs, would like to be 129 lbs. (I'm 5'2".) And I'm in California.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    I guess I should say a little something about myself. I love this thread! I'm the mom of a 4 month old looking to lose weight. Currently 151 lbs, would like to be 129 lbs. (I'm 5'2".) And I'm in California.

Oooo I have a 4m old! When was he/she born? Xx
  • monstersweetsbyallison
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »

Congratulations!! He was born February 20th. When was yours born?
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »

Congratulations!! He was born February 20th. When was yours born?

She was born 26th! Called her Casey
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,204 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    "Help me make it through the nite"!!!!!!!!

I want some icecream SO badly !!!!!!! But, I am going to eat a orange, and drink down 4 cups of water, and sew on chemo hats.

WIsh me luck :D
  • nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    @mytime6630 You can do it! Is some ice cream going to win or are you?
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    @mytime6630 we are here to help. Why do you want the ice cream? Are you hungry? Or tired, sad, feel like a boost?

The orange and water is a great idea, as is keeping busy. Maybe you could try drafting your post summing up the day with a smiley face against the emotional eating challenge? Then hold yourself to it so you can post it unchanged at bedtime/in the morning? You will feel extra proud of yourself.

Other option - where are you with calories for the day? Maybe it’s not an all-or-nothing, win/fail situation. Could you mindfully portion out and then eat a serving? I really struggle with this myself as often if I’m not ‘perfect’ I give up and binge. But having that treat without feeling bad and chasing it with others can be just as much of a win as not having it in the first place...

• mytime6630
    edited June 2018
    Options
    You guys are the best!!!!!!!!! <3

I did not have the orange ... instead I am just drinking water all nite, and now I don't even crave the ice cream. @Faebert -- I was thinking about what you said, and what was bothering me. I guess its learning to deal with the emotions - and letting myself actually "feel" them instead of stuffing ice cream in my face. The sadness I felt a hour ago is now gone .... there is nothing like sewing chemo hats and helping others that makes my own problems seem small.

My calories are low enough today since I went to the gym, so tonite I am now going to make some popcorn for hubby and I.

Again ..... thank you!!! @nickssweetheart and @Faebert
  • Faebert
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »

I did not have the orange ... instead I am just drinking water all nite, and now I don't even crave the ice cream. @Faebert -- I was thinking about what you said, and what was bothering me. I guess its learning to deal with the emotions - and letting myself actually "feel" them instead of stuffing ice cream in my face. The sadness I felt a hour ago is now gone .... there is nothing like sewing chemo hats and helping others that makes my own problems seem small.

My calories are low enough today since I went to the gym, so tonite I am now going to make some popcorn for hubby and I.

You smashed it! Well done and enjoy that popcorn x
  • jeschepp
    jeschepp Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Daily check in. Here's how I did:

Today I learned two important lessons. First, poor sleep throws EVERYTHING off. Second, hummus does not count as a major protein. Last night someone in my neighborhood started a yelling match at 2am and it triggered my anxiety. I wasn't able to fall back asleep for a while, and even then it wasn't very restful. Kinda threw my day off.
    Then, when I was meal planning for the day, I made a substitution to include hummus as my protein for lunch. Bad idea, apparently hummus doesn't actually have that much protein to it (at least not enough to count for 1/3 of your daily fuel). Also ate some chocolate a coworker was handing out before I even realized what I was doing. I was able to turn it around in the evening by having a heavy protein dinner and pushing myself to do exercise. Trying not to beat myself up and remember it's progress, not perfection.

House chores-nope. Not today :(
    30 minutes exercise ✅ proud of this one today
    Figure out what to do with the chicken I marinated in the slow cooker ✅
    Track food and exercise ✅
    Finish the darn tidying-again, not today :(
    Water challenge-80 oz. ✅ day 16/30!
    Post here for accountability ✅

Tomorrow I will:
    Be kind to myself
    Share one accomplishment with a friend
    House chores
    30 minutes exercise
    Track food and exercise
    Finish the tidying
    Water challenge-80 oz.
    Post here for accountability
  • Faebert
    Options
    :| So I forgot to update last night and luckily :s am up before dawn so plenty of time to do so now!

Tuesday goals
    - morning workout ✅
    - April challenge :/ could have been better again
    - May challenge ✅
    - June challenge ✅ my weight has spiked up a bit for unknown reasons and I was in a bit of a funk last night. I was tempted at different points to either undereat and restrict too severely and then to give in to the chocolate. But I reminded myself that neither option would be sensible and instead had my planned protein shake. Not too far under, and not over!
    - Pin down SLT on school partnership progress :| I actually forgot all about this - tomorrow!
    - Sort handover for Wednesday ✅

Today I’m super excited to have a day off. Never really happens in teaching outside of school holidays but we get given a day out to write reports and I’ve already done mine as i slogged my guts out on them during the half term holiday! So for once I get to take my kids to school and collect them myself (they are so happy!). And hoping to fit in hot yoga and some gardening too.

Wednesday goals
    - morning workout
    - April challenge
    - May challenge
    - June challenge
    - Hot yoga in am
    - Gardening at lunchtime
    - Meet friend for a drink tonight (not really drinking alcohol much these days but will have a glass of red if I feel like it so need to leave calorie room for it!)

Have a fab day everyone x
  • mytime6630
    Options
    FT, Tues
    1. log all food :)
    2. april challenge = 8c. water :)
    3. may challenge - short walk. Going to try and go to gym, but after sun sets, short 15 min walk :/ Thundering and lightning outside -- but at least I got to the gym in the morning.
    4. june challenge - mindful eating :) Thanks for the help guys!

June Challenge:
    If you’re feeling the slightest bit emotional and want to eat—or it’s even time to eat—force yourself to either do something else or to eat something healthy and wholesome. And report it on here. Not only will it help us, but it also will give others ideas to stop that urge.

June 1st: :/
    June 2 - :)
    June 3 - :)
    June 4 - :/
    June 5-9 - :/:/ did terrible. On June 9, ended up eating almost a entire bag of chocolate covered cashews. I think this was my wake-up call.
    June 10 - started keeping a written journal of what I eat, what time I eat, and my mood. I am putting a ** next to any foods that were unplanned, and I am suppose to put a ** next to a binge. Somehow.... this has been helping me tremendously! :)
    June 11- :)
    June 12 - :)
    June 13 - :)
    June 14 :)
    June 15 - :)
    June 16 :)
    June 17 :/ - Dairy queen buster bar
    June 18 - Orange :)
    June 18 - really wanted ice cream, but waited, and got on here (thanks for the encouragement!). Had popcorn instead. :)

JFt, Wed
    1. log all food
    2. april challenge - 8+ cups water
    3. may challenge - get outside for a 15 min walk
    4. june challenge - mindful eating

My posts have been shorter lately, because by the time I get on here, I am exhausted and ready for bed. During the summer my days are always so busy - with work during the day, outside gardening until it gets dark (unless like tonite it was storming - but no rain!), and then I sew until I am ready to drop! But ... I have almost 40 chemo hats finished to be picked up next week! So I am really posting the things that I really want to become habits-- things that if I can make these habits, I know they will help me to reach my goals.
  • mytime6630
    Options
    @Snowflake1968 -- this sounds like a very hard position to be in for you. Especially when you can see things wrong with the place you work in, yet unable to do what you want. I hope that you will find the right answer. As for the Wendys ..... you still do great! A cheeseburger and baked potato is not that bad --- and if you average this out over the entire week you will be OK. Remember ... this is a lifestyle change, and sometimes, we need to just eat that cheeseburger and enjoy it. Hugs to you.

@AJB1014 --- I LOVE this line ..... I will replace my inner critic with my inner best friend

@toaljasa -- so kind of you to offer others to use your Dave Ramsey tapes! This thread has the nicest people!! <3 And yes, my daughter went and took his courses - he is very good. He also has a lot of youtube videos to watch.

@monstersweetsbyallison - welcome!
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Faebert wrote: »
    :| So I forgot to update last night and luckily :s am up before dawn so plenty of time to do so now!

Tuesday goals
    - morning workout ✅
    - April challenge :/ could have been better again
    - May challenge ✅
    - June challenge ✅ my weight has spiked up a bit for unknown reasons and I was in a bit of a funk last night. I was tempted at different points to either undereat and restrict too severely and then to give in to the chocolate. But I reminded myself that neither option would be sensible and instead had my planned protein shake. Not too far under, and not over!
    - Pin down SLT on school partnership progress :| I actually forgot all about this - tomorrow!
    - Sort handover for Wednesday ✅

Today I’m super excited to have a day off. Never really happens in teaching outside of school holidays but we get given a day out to write reports and I’ve already done mine as i slogged my guts out on them during the half term holiday! So for once I get to take my kids to school and collect them myself (they are so happy!). And hoping to fit in hot yoga and some gardening too.

Wednesday goals
    - morning workout
    - April challenge
    - May challenge
    - June challenge
    - Hot yoga in am
    - Gardening at lunchtime
    - Meet friend for a drink tonight (not really drinking alcohol much these days but will have a glass of red if I feel like it so need to leave calorie room for it!)

Have a fab day everyone x

So, how's the day going? I am thrilled you got a play day! Wonderful! I hope you are seizing the moment and doing things that will make your heart happy :) Enjoy your evening out with your friend. I mean really really enjoy it...enjoy the friendship, the time to converse with an adult that is not about your job, the ambiance, the wine (or soda water, etc) Just enjoy.

Peace and joy to you.
  • toaljasa
    Options
    Have you told someone she is stupid? Have you told someone she is fat? Have you told someone she is a failure? Have you told someone, "I can never forgive you."? Have you told someone she is ugly? Have you told someone she might as well quit because she will never reach her goal? Have you told someone that she is unlovable? Have you told someone, "I'll never let you forget what you did. I'll remind you every single day of the rest of your life."? Have you? Have you spoken those words to yourself?

You are someone.

d8710752r0ac.png
  • toaljasa
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »

Okay, I am doing the happy dance over here! In fact, I just finished a drink of water with your name on it! So so proud of you. Joan, do not slack off. Do not lose focus. Get up, be resolved, and repeat. Coming on here was great. Someone will be here to help you.

Joan, meet your new self! Someone who is saying, "I am in control of my emotions. My emotions are not in control of me."

May you have peace and crazy joy knowing that You Slayed The Dragon. You Warrior Woman, you!
  • monstersweetsbyallison
    Options
    @mytime6630 thanks!
  • Faebert
    Options
    @toaljasa you are one of our best group cheerleaders! Thank you - day has barely started as it’s only 7am here but I’ve done my morning workout and looking forward to the day ahead. Bit sad that the weather forecast now looking a bit gloomy, but I’m still feeling sunny. Hopefully rain will hold off so I can still mow the lawn today!

Have a good one all x
  • nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    Options

Just for Tuesday I will:

1) Log all food and stay under goal :smile:
    2) Drink 8 glasses of water :smile: Had to finish after midnight, but I'm counting it!
    3) Physical therapy morning, evening, and appointment :neutral: I've now missed two appointments. NOT good.
    4) Yoga routine :smile:
    5) Plan next week's eating and finish grocery list :smile:

I am excited for the rest of this week and next week's eating. I <3 cherry season, I'm also getting a pineapple, plus I'm cooking Ethiopian tomorrow, and I still have a couple of mangos. In fact, I have to be careful or I'll buy more fruit than I can fit into my calories. I love summer produce!

Just for Wednesday I will:

1. Adhere to my food plan (having a light breakfast and lunch so I can feast on Ethiopian food at dinner.)
    2. Drink 8 glasses of water
    3. Physical therapy morning and evening
    4. 15 minute yoga routine
    5. Computer off, kitchen closed, and brush teeth by 10:30 pm...snack attack got me last night,