WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2018

Options

Replies

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,336 Member
    Options
    Rebecca - that's a good reason to have your medical records. I always want a hard copy of any record of mine, blood work, any tests and the results. Good for you having them

Michele in NC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,531 Member
    Options
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    wow Rita what a beautiful bird. Lucky you came to it’s rescue

NYKAREN
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    <3
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,907 Member
    Options
    :)Barbara, When I teach I do a walk through, a review one eight at a time, and walk all four walls but I don't cue during the dancing. I learned that from a teacher who moved a few years ago. She said that it's important for dancers to use their memories and cueing spoils the enjoyment of the music. The dance for "Cake by the Ocean " is "A Little Oo Na Na " which was choreographed to "Havana"
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Ssss
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    B)
  • pipcd34
    Options
    stats for the day:

bike ride hm 2 gym- 7.21min, 125mhr, 13amph. 1.5mi= 67c
    apple watch- 62c
    ROWING MACHINE- 15min, 54aw, 101ahr, 121mhr, 2427meters= 89c
    apple watch- 108c
    0 RUNNER- 12min, 118ahr, 136mhr, lvl6-7, 9.03min mi, 14h, 108c, 43l, 1.35mi= 98c
    apple watch- 110c
    bike ride gym 2 sumn sta- 50.45min, 125ahr, 144mhr, 14amph, 11.8mi= 454c
    apple watch- 462c
    jog sta 2 wk- 4.39min, 149mhr, 136ahr, 9.14min mi, .5mi= 54c
    apple watch- 51c
    jog wk 2 sumn sta- 3.53min, 8.36min mi, 113ahr, 152mhr, .4mi= 57c
    apple watch- 55c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 16.33min,9.4amph, 132ahr, 156mhr, 2.6mi= 205c
    apple watch- 153c

total cal 1024 (I'm on a roll)
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Michele in NC, I always go into a doctor's office office with my folder in hand. It has procedures I've had, my yearly tests, and I write out a sheet of questions I need answered. No sense wasting the doctors time hemming and hawing. That comes from many doctors just yacking about the obvious, which is my weight. "Hey doctor Obvious, I know that, but I need the world to stop spinning"!

I read up on Hiperparathyroidism. So its not how elevated your calcium is, that determines symptoms. You could have really high levels of calcium and have a couple symtoms, or you could be just a bit up and have all the symptoms! Over long term, it can shorten your lifespan by 5-6 years. Because it draws calcium out of your bones, osteoporosis and also kidney stones can appear. Also:
    -frequent urination √
    -balding √
    -joint achness √
    -feeling tired no energy √
    -feeling off and not yourself √
    -memory and foggy issues √
    -problem getting to sleep √
    It looks like everything I feel can be attributed to this dang disease!
    Looking forward to getting that surgery in July sometime!

Rebecca
    Feeling frustrated, and beat up in
    Whidbey island
    Washington

Rebecca I am following your journey with interest as I have a history of high calcium and parathyroid levels myself. My new endocrinologist here in College Station has diagnosed Primary Hyperparathyroidism. He was hesitant to start treatment last year. I go back to him in July and will insist on treatment at this time. The "non-measurable" symptoms are too many and must be addressed as you say. I am often spontaneously nauseous out of nowhere and I am sure this is the source. Stay well my friend as best you can.

Cheri
    CS,Tx

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,336 Member
    Options
    Rori - HAIL??? Our pool was 91 today.

Rebecca - I, too, write down all my questions for the doctor. I've also started doing what Vince does, whenever I go to the doctor's I take a sheet with all my procedures, the results, etc. So when they ask you to fill out that form with the two little lines you're supposed to put everything on, I just write "see attached". Vince also does this for his medications.

Michele in NC
    who hosted Rummikub tonight at the clubhouse near here
  • GodMomKim
    Options
    B)
  • GodMomKim
    Options
    Hi Gals,

Rori – you’ll do fine with the 16 year old, ask her what she might like to do – if you only have a few hours she might even like to hear family history or stories about the relations you have in common.

So I got asked to help a friend of a friend – a woman I have never met - her daughter is getting married on the 7th of July and she has decided to make cookies instead of a cake, 4 kinds for 200 guests, so she decided on the Friday before she’d make 50 of each of kind and that would do it. The friend we have in common said you better talk this over with Kim…. I did cookies for a wedding once, made 2 kinds, 2 of each per person and ran out! On folk’s plates at the first run through the buffet - folks took 5-6 cookies each! All mature adults! So one cookie each with a guest list with a bunch of kids and 20 something adults will need more than one cookie each. She and I are meeting for coffee at our local coffee house at 5:30am tomorrow, I put together a list of things to consider. I’ll have to tread softly to help her understand she has grossly under estimated this commitment.

Smiles

Kim from N. California