Cathe Fans Part 5

Replies

• StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,773 Member
    Hi Ladies! Another good workout today. I started with RUUB Triple Biceps. Then, for cardio, I did F/S Mixed Impact Cardio into Cathe Live 200 episode. Erika mentioned a couple of weeks ago how tough that Live class is, and she wasn’t kidding. Talk about rapid fire! It went so fast there wasn’t any time to even check the clock.....which I am prone to do every now and again during tough workouts. B) Four rounds of four exercises, each round repeated five times and each combining cardio and compound moves. All done in 44 minutes. So good!

Tami, great plan on your workouts. I hope you get a chance to take the weekend off and enjoy doing something else. But you are right about the real estate market. Busy=good. Not busy.......not good at all.

Thelma, great workout! I was thinking about re-ordering my workouts as well to out shoulder before back instead of after chest. That chest workout uses a lot of shoulders. So I think I will try the order of shoulders, back, biceps, legs, triceps and chest next week.....or something like that. Hope you are enjoying your long weekend!

See you Monday.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,512 Member
    Hi Ladies, I hope you had a nice weekend! We had a nice one and spent a good part of the weekend talking about living in GA. We are thinking of moving there next spring, and instead of Blue Ridge we're thinking Ellijay which is a little further south but right next door to Blue Ridge. All of a sudden I'm getting scared. That will be a major step in our lives and probably the most adventurous thing we've ever done.

My workouts this weekend were: Friday: Jessica Smith Standing Abs, Low Impact Walk, Fit Split Boxing BC w/u, S&S Ramped Up Upper Body Triple Shoulders, Treadmill, Stretching.
    Saturday: Cardio Core Flow and Standing Abs.
    Sunday: Fit Split Boxing BC w/u, S&S Ramped Up Upper Body Triple Back, Treadmill, Stretching.

I really liked the shoulder workout and it wasn't hard on my shoulders.

Laurel, great combo on Friday! Great job surviving that live class! Re-ordering the routine so that chest and shoulders are not back-to-back is key! I think I'm going to do shoulders tomorrow to get them out of the way! So for me, it will be: back, shoulders, biceps, legs, triceps, and chest.

Hi Laurie, Tami, and Erika!

Good night ladies and have a wonderful week!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,417 Member
    Morning Ladies,

The drive in the car was HOT, but we made it. We left Lansing about 6:30am our time, so that we could avoid the majority of the heat yesterday. The temps are suppose to go back to normal today at some point. No workout on Saturday and Sunday, when we got home we went to visit DH's parents. His FIL isn't taking his meds, so DH has to deal with that today. His mom is looking really good, and is in rehab. I think that she will be there for a good week or so.

This morning was GHUTV Sweat and Sculpt Circuits. I will be doing GS Chest & Back when I get home from work.

Laurel, Awesome job on all the workouts, and that you could get a chuckle while working hard. That Live 200 class sounds tough, and I do the same thing with workouts that are tough. That clock seems to go slow sometimes, but I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed it so much that you didn't have a chance to look. Dang on the roof not being done yet, hope that you are able to get out of the house for a while. I'm sure there will be lots of hammering with the new roof being put on. I can do 20#, but only with a low amount of reps. Say 6-8, otherwise I have to go down in weight.

Tami, Sounds like some good workouts. Glad to hear that your temp employee is familiar with the title business, that really does help.

Thelma, Great job on the workouts. Nice that you where able to do so well on the shoulder work, you probably did your parts correctly for your body. I thought I didn't do that well this weekend, but came home with no change in weight. So I must have done better with food selections that I thought.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! We enjoyed a nice weekend. The weather was mixed, but mostly dry and warm enough to be outside. Saturday we got in some more golf, and it was so relaxing. It was like taking a dose of happiness and relaxation medicine combined. :) Yesterday we worked at planting some of our veggies and herbs that have been growing in my workout room since April. Even though our garden boxes are still occupied by the roofers, we decided we had to get the plants outside if we have any chance of getting any vegetables from them. So a few cheap planting boxes later.....and we’ll see what happens. But I feel better that we are at least trying to give them a chance. And it made for another day outside, which was nice.

For workouts, on Saturday I did Jessica Smith Rise and Shine Yoga. Sunday was RUUB Triple Shoulders and Cathe Live 100 Episode. Today was RUUB Triple Back and, for cardio, a combo of RWH Circuit Lower Body and F/S Shred Cardio. That was tough! I was able to increase the weight in both the back and shoulders workouts which was nice. Next week I may try slowing down the shoulder workout a bit and trying to go even heavier. At its regular pace, I think I am pretty maxed out now.

Thelma, great workouts. Glad the shoulder routine didn’t bother your shoulders. I am so glad you and your DH are exploring options for moving! I know it is scary, but I bet it is also exciting. At least you have already done tons of research in various areas in order to figure out where you want to settle. And you know what you are looking for in a home. Those are two huge hurdles you have gotten over. So now it is figuring out how to make it work. And you have no set deadline for figuring that out and are giving yourself a reasonable time even if you do set a deadline. I am excited for you!

Laurie, glad you had a safe trip. But your temps seem all over the place this summer! Glad they are going back to reasonable though. I am sorry to hear about your FIL and his meds. Hopefully he will start taking them. I am so glad to hear your MIL is on the mend and doing well in rehab. The roofers are driving me crazy, which is not helped by the fact they have parked a huge dumpster across the driveway (without asking us), making it hard to get my car out. At least I had the foresight to get DHs car out or else I don’t know what we would be doing. But they finally delivered new shingles today so, hopefully, they will start making more progress. If not, something is going to have to change because I really would like to leave the house!!!

Tami and Erika, hope you enjoyed your weekends!

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    Hi Ladies ~ I had a pretty nice weekend, Saturday was a little bit foggy (will explain in a moment) and then yesterday was very nice. My in-laws came over along with my step son and his girlfriend and little 3 year old. Weather was nice and so we BBQ’d, sat outside and enjoyed. I did RUUB Chest + MM Chest & Blizzard Blast yesterday. No workout this a.m. but will go to BootCamp tonight. BACK tomorrow.

Thelma: Fabulous job with your workouts! WOW what a step that would be. Making a decision to move is always huge but if you are both on board and excited for it you will make it happen I am sure. Plus you wouldn’t have to be at your job anymore! BONUS. We have an expert in moving here in our group for support!

Laurie: Glad to hear you made it home safe & sound. I’m sorry to hear about the continued struggles with your in-laws; but good your MIL is looking good.

Laurel: Sounds like a very nice weekend! Fun getting your container garden going forsure. Being outside and a little golf as well. YAY. Excellent job on the workouts! Those cardio workouts sound tough being back-to-back.

So here goes my foggy bit of news (aka: shocking) : :'(

So on Friday my mom was in so much pain in her back she could hardly move. Her heart was racing through the roof and she called my sister who of course came and got her. After spending the entire day in the ER and into the night running x-rays, CT scans, etc. they have found that her back is so sore because she has two cracked vertebrae. She also has a 13 cm tumor in her lung and a smaller one behind her liver. They are not certain what caused the crack in her spine but it could be the pressure from the tumors and/or they are hoping it isn’t lesions from cancer/tumors, etc. The first step is keeping her out of pain so she is on Ibuprophen and has a back brace. Kris called this a.m. to get appts started. First one is to do a biopsy on her tumor in the lung. They said most likely next week will be the earliest. She will also do a Pet Scan maybe later this week and then another biopsy on the tumor behind her liver will be after the lung tumor biopsy.

Kris said due to the pain in her back and the horrible coughing she is going to have zero independence for a while. Luckily Kris was supposed to be on a family trip this week and off work. So mom is there all week. Kris canceled her trip to Australia and Bali in July so she will be available. I am on “standby” right now waiting for what is next. I have no idea what in the world is going to happen but as you of all people can relate I am scared whitless. Of course I will keep you all posted.

Thank you in advance for listening. :smile:

Tami
  • fitzfour
    fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
    Hi Ladies,

Just a quick check in to say I'm alive! Long weekend of lacrosse in the 90+ temps landed me with some heat stroke I think. Still not feeling the best, so going light on the workouts and lots of sleep (sleeping 9-11 hours the last couple of nights). I should hopefully be feeling better in a couple days!

Great job on the workouts over the last week and a half...you ladies are killing it!

I'll have to read up on all the happenings later, but wanted to at least stop in and say hi! I'll write again later this week when the sports activity calms down for the week!

Erika
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, tonight I did Fit Split Boxing BC w/u, S&S Ramped Up Upper Body Triple Biceps, Treadmill, Stretching. I had planned to do shoulders but my shoulders were a little tight this morning.

Laurie, nice combo today!! We've had warm temps here too. Not loving it! The office was super hot today. I felt like I was having hot flashes all day long.
    Sorry about your FIL not taking his meds.
    I think it was a good move to leave the shoulder workout till the end of the week. Good job with your food choices over the weekend!

Laurel, glad you two had such nice weekend! You definitely need to get those plants acclimated. We've decided not to do our usual annuals this summer. It feels so wrong not to have our usual annuals in the front of the house but DH is already in that 'we're moving' mode. He ends up watering the plants because I get home so late from work so I won't push the issue. I did convince him to buy 3 plants for my hummingbirds which we put on the deck.

Awesome workouts! Was the rise and shine yoga workout a long workout? I discovered her Cardio Core Flow and that was a lot of fun.

OMG Laurel, now that the move seems imminent I am scared. It's such a big step! I always say that I won't have a hard time getting used to not working but now I'm scared. I know DH will keep working if he needs to as long as possible. I do wonder if that will be enough financially. I wonder if this is the right place for our forever home. All of a sudden I'm having all these doubts. I'm driving myself nuts! You're right though in the fact that we don't have a set deadline for figuring out what our move date will be. I hope my employer allows me to work remotely as they have done with another person in the past.

I can't remember if you did your own packing when you moved to Alaska? You have a lot of experience packing and I hope you give me a lot of packing/moving out of state advice when the time comes.

I was really excited about the shoulder workout not bothering my shoulders. On Friday my shoulders felt well rested prior to the workout.

Tami, glad you had a nice weekend too! Awesome job on that killer chest workout!!

OMG Tami, I'm sorry about your mom! I can just imagine how scared you are for her. Thank God your sister was in town and was able to help your mom! Sending lots of prayers to all of you and healing energy your mom's way. Please keep us posted.

Moving out of state without jobs is a very big and scary move. I would feel much better if DH had a job before we moved.
    How wonderful that you have an expert at moving! If you can get any advice for me from that expert I will appreciate it very much!

Hi Erika! OMG, take good care of yourself! Definitely take it easy with your workouts for now.

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

After work I did get in the Chest & Back work, so I'm all caught up. This morning I did KCM 30MTF Bootcamp #1, will do GS Legs after work.

Laurel, Great job on the workouts, and getting in some golf. I can't imagine not being able to get to your car. Someone wasn't thinking when they placed that dumpster that way. Glad you where able to get your veggie plants into the planters, I'm sure they will grow fast with having so much daylight. Yes our temps are up and down, it is quite crazy, and then add to that the amount of rain we are getting. My parents area has flooding again, one town in upper MI had torn up streets.

Tami, I'm so sorry to hear about your mother, and will be sending prayers. I don't blame you for being in a foggy frame of mind, I'm sure that she will be upper most in your mind for quite a while. I'm glad to hear that your sister was there to be with her at the hospital, it had to be a comfort. With all that I'm glad to see that you got your workouts in, it does help so keep trying to get those done. But if you have one of those days, just know that we are here to listen. ;)

Erika, Heat stroke is not fun, so do take care of yourself. One of the best things to take along with you on hot days like that is V8. That is the one thing that would save me on hot days during the fair season.

Thelma, Love the workouts! I'm glad to hear that you have a set time frame for moving, I'm sure that you will do just fine. It is scary now, but I bet that you both will handle it. Now finding a new job is different, but it can do wonders for your frame of mind. I don't have hardly any moving advice, I have only moved a few times. Just use movers is the only advise that I can give. :D

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    edited June 2018
    Hi Ladies! Another good workout today. I started with RUUB Triple Biceps. I put on my 1# wrist weights and used them throughout (including with the band). It felt great! Next week I may try to add 2#! For cardio, I did my last ‘new’ spin workout, which was Cathe Live Spin Those Wheels. Another really fun one. But now I have done all the spin workouts available to me at least once....until Cathe films more. :) But I love that it took me six months to get to where I start repeating!

Tami, I really don’t know what to say. Your year is reminding me so much of the one I had two years ago, and that makes me wish I could take away all the pain and fear. I am so glad your sister is with your mom. I won’t even say ‘don’t worry’ because I know that is impossible. But I will say this.....take care of yourself. You have been and are going through a lot. So if you need a break from something—anything!—give yourself permission to take it. And hold on dearly to anything that gives you stability (you all know how workouts have played that role in my life). I am so glad you got to spend some time relaxing this weekend. I will be praying for the absolute best news to come from the tests. Huge hugs my friend.

Erika, so sorry to hear about the heat stroke. Thanks for checking in because I was wondering about you yesterday. Sounds like you are taking care of yourself in the right way.

Thelma, great workout. That Rise and Shine workout was less than 30 minutes. It surprised me because I expected it to be slow moving, and it wasn’t. But I was really sore before starting (which is why I was looking for something gentle), but when I finished....I felt great. Hence the 18 holes of golf that followed. So I do recommend it, but not if you are looking for something really gentle. Anyhow, I so understand all your concerns about both your job and moving. I gave up a nearly 20 year career....because of moving too much! So I really do hear you. But I suppose I can also say there is life on the other side of all the disruptive changes. The hardest thing about giving up my job was figuring out who I was without a job. The hardest part about moving is, well, actually doing the moving! :) We packed and moved ourselves from Colorado to Florida and then, also, within Florida when we moved into our new house. So I do have some tips and pointers for packing when you need them. I will suggest this.....try to focus as much as you can on the ‘why’ behind your change. Of course, the ‘how’ is important.....like how will we finance this, and how will we pack and how will we live once there. Those details often overwhelm and take away from focusing on the ‘why’. For instance, a ‘why’ may be ‘so when it comes to watering our flowers, DH and I can do it together and I won’t be stuck at work’. My biggest issue with moving to Alaska (no question about this at all) is there was no compelling reason for me to do it. In other words, I had no ‘why’ outside of something DH wanted for his career. But in terms of the quality of our life outside of his job.....it just wasn’t and isn’t there. But I have found when I have a good reason, I can adapt to and learn to love anything. Just some thoughts.....

Laurie, great workouts! The good news is they moved the dumpster yesterday, so I am free to roam around Alaska again. The bad news is.....this roof is taking forever. :# I hope your weather calms down a bit. I am sorry to hear about the flooding. Hope that stops soon.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Hi Ladies ~ Good BC Class last night. We did another “slower movements/endurance” a lot of Shoulders and Chest. Which of course included push-ups, planks, burpees. We also did a lot of Tricep work. This a.m. was BACK (RUUB x3 pre-mix).

Thelma: Great job with your RUUB Workout along with treadie and stretching. I’m definitely separating my SHOULDERS portion after last night’s BC class.

Laurie: Way to get Chest & Back done and caught up on your rotation. Since I tend to keep missing my Monday a.m. workouts I doubled up at the end of the week for Bis/Tri’s. Thank you so much for your prayers and wonderful thoughts. Its going to be quite a ride I know. Scary right now with the unknown and trying to think the best but no matter what it will be a super hard time for my mom. I absolutely love that I have you ladies to chat with and get support encouragement. THANK YOU :)

Laurel: I have thought so much of you and what you went through with your mom. Thinking yesterday as I was telling you all that this is like “déjà vu” for you. I absolutely know you can relate and know exactly what I am going through. Thank you so much for your support. <3 I am so thankful as well that my sister is there with her. She and I talked last night (sis and I) and she totally gets I have to wait and see what is next and then I will pick my trips accordingly. Just can’t afford to be going back and forth all the time unfortunately. She did get the Pet Scan scheduled for next Thursday and the Biopsy for Sat or vice versa but both are next week. Again, hoping for the best of course. Her spine is a huge worry as well because she can’t afford to crack anymore vertebrae. Another fabulous combo with the Bi’s and Spinning. That’s amazing she has that many classes.

I will talk to you ladies tomorrow ~ Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, tonight I did Fit Split Boxing BC w/u, S&S Ramped Up Upper Body Triple Chest, Treadmill, Stretching. I was really tired so I took long breaks between sets.

Laurie, great job catching up with your workouts! WTG!
    I think that moving timeframe is too soon. Two jobless household members is not an option as far as I'm concerned. We will use movers for sure.

Laurel, fabulous combo and congrats for having done all the spinning workouts Cathe Live has to offer!!!

I am starting to think we're thinking with our hearts and not our heads about this move. So I agree with you that we need to focus on the 'why' first. Is it the right time and the right place?
    DH is very good about tracking our expenses so he has asked our Financial advisor to see if this is possible or not. Thanks so much for those words of wisdom!
    We will be doing our own packing but not the move. We will hire someone to move us. We know we will buy a house in GA before moving and we hope our house will sell quickly. We live in a town with a good school system. People come here to reproduce, put their kids through the school system and move the moment the kids graduate from high school.
    We definitely love the idea of spending more time together as opposed to being dedicated to our jobs.
    I can understand the huge sacrifice you made by moving to Alaska knowing that there wasn't much there for you. I hope you're still thinking about moving next year or the very least taking a vacation outside of Alaska!

Tami, OMG BC included shoulders and chest after the killer chest workout you id on Sunday! You must be hurting! You should do shoulders on Friday! Great job!
    I am glad your mom has her procedure appointments already scheduled for next week. Keeping your mom, you and your sister in my prayers and hoping for the very best. Definitely take good care of yourself. I know you already do but sometimes during difficult moments, we don't feel like doing anything.

Hi Erika! I hope you're feeling better!

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

After work was GS Legs, but I did the longer premix. ;) This morning was KCM's 30MTF Cardio Quick Fix 2 and RAW Shoulders & Arms Finisher. Will be adding on GS Shoulders after work.

Kelly filmed her two new workouts, so I'm guessing that Cathe probably isn't far behind with her filming. They usually film around the same time frame. It sounds like Kelly made a new Step Boxing workout and one she called Sculpting RX, I'm excited to have them both. :D I feel like I'm obsessed with her right now. :D

Laurel, Nice job with the weight work (adding the 1#) and of course doing all of the Cathe spin classes (great name for that class :D )! I love how you are increasing the weight, I only did a half pound. Funny how you can feel the difference, or that muscle was tired. ;) Glad to hear the dumpster got moved. We are in a cloud cover with rain still, but it is suppose to get better later today. Hopefully it dries up so that our lawn can get mowed.

Tami, Love the workout and the class! One nice thing about doing single body parts, it is a lot easier to double up and not be doing a really long workout. I'm glad we are here for you, even though we have never met in person.

Thelma, Great job on the workout, and making it work for you. Taking breaks means that you must be pumping some heavier weights. You and your DH will have to do a checklist of all the pros/cons. This will help with deciding when it is the right time to move and look for different jobs. It will all work out in the end.

Have a wonderful day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! I did a pretty tough workout today. I decided to reach back to an old Cathe Live lower body workout (from June 2014) that I have wanted to try for some time but just haven’t. It was Cardio Leg Blast with High Step. This workout was tough!! Think Cathe’s toughest lower body workout.....and add a segment of cardio on the high step. That’s pretty much what this was. After the warm-up, it was cardio on the high step, followed by metabolic lower body work, followed by loads of squats and lunges, followed by floor work. All with little to no breaks for nearly an hour. Tough, tough stuff. So I took a good break after that and then opted for what I hoped would be a lighter cardio, which was Cathe Live Cardio Kickboxing and Cardio Barre. This was about 35 minutes of kickboxing-ish moves (part of it was more hi/lo cardio than actual kickboxing, though), which was fairly moderate. This was followed by high intensity drills (15 minutes) of cardio using the barre for stability. I absolutely loved this section! It was intense, but I loved the use of the barre. So while the workout was a little more intense than I hoped going into it, I ended up enjoying it. Now I am wishing for a Cardio Barre DVD in the future though. B)

Tami, great workouts. I bet your upper body was feeling that BC class, though. I am glad your mom has her tests scheduled. This has got to be a very scary time for her, so it is good she will get some answers soon. I so completely understand about needing to choose when to go visit. I know for the last year my mother was with us, I was in a constant state of uncertainty about when to go and when not to go. If I could recommend something else, it is to not feel guilty for the decisions you make with this. I have no doubt your sister and your mother know the depth of your love and dedication, even from a distance. So don’t beat yourself up for being further away. Easier said than done......I know. Again, huge hugs and all my prayers headed your way right now. I am here for you if you ever need anything.

Thelma, great workout. I mentioned earlier on the shoulder workout that next week I may take it slower so I can go heavier, and what I am thinking about is doing just what you did.....adding longer breaks between sets. I think I will do that next week on all the workouts, focusing more on heavier weights, and then going back to normal pace the last week.....just to shock things a little bit. Again, thank you for recommending we do this segment in four week increments because I am absolutely loving playing around with these workouts right now. Anyhow, about moving. I definitely agree with the decision to do your packing and let somebody else do the moving. Hopefully you can find a company that will allow you to follow the truck from one house to the next. I wouldn’t do it any other way, to be honest. I know you want to make the right, logical decision on this. (In fact, your decision making thoughts sound so much like the constant dialog in my head, it is amazing). But don’t discount what the heart wants totally because it matters as well. My DH still asks me what I loved so much about Florida. Well......nothing really about the actual place. But what I loved was how I felt in my life there. It wasn’t about Florida. It was the life I was living there that made me happy. Again, just some thoughts. I’m definitely not trying to push you into moving if you are not ready......just trying to give you some food for thought. And, yes, we are still hoping to move next year. And we have a vacation to Hawaii booked for September!!! B) Since we chose not to move there, we decided we could at least visit. :D So time for me to work on getting a beach body! :)

Laurie, great workouts. I was thinking about that GS Legs workout today doing that Cathe Live workout. I was playing ‘which one is tougher?’ in my head, and was comparing the Live workout with GS Legs, Leaner Legs, Legs and Glutes. I’m not sure which one of all those is tougher, but they are all tough enough!! Wow, I am happy to hear Kelly has already filmed!! Love the sound of the Step Boxing workout. I will definitely be looking into that. I am so surprised every time we switch things up a bit how my body reacts to the changes. This past nine months of changing workout focus every month or so has really been eye opening for me. Again, so glad we are all doing this together. It has really broadened my workout horizons, that’s for sure.

Erika, hope you are feeling better.

Until tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, no workout for me tonight. I've been staying late at work all week because today was the last day of our sprint and I had to finish my tasks and now I have to create tasks for the next sprint for my team. Taking this Friday off is not helping but I want my day off so I have to kill myself so I can relax. I hope to catch up over the weekend.

Laurie, great combo!! How exciting about Kelly's new workouts! I love her step boxing workout I have so I imagine this one will be a lot of fun too!
    I've been trying to stick with my heaviest weights for at least 2 of the sets and the fact that I was tired forced me to take the longer breaks. It worked because I was able to finish the workout.
    We definitely need to do a pros/cons list about this potential move. Thanks for that brilliant idea!

Laurel, what a combo! Great job. A Cardio Barre workout sounds like a great suggestion for Cathe!
    Longer breaks really help me get through heavy weight workouts. I am really loving this month's routine and the entire routine. I don't even know what month we're on at this point given we've extended many monthly rotations. It's really been a fabulous, long rotation. I love the variety.
    Great idea to find a moving company that will allow us to follow the truck. We are hoping to do the drive in one day. I wonder if the moving truck would do the trip in one day? DH wants to ask his brother to drive one of our cars down when we move. This way DH and I can ride in the same car which is my preference. I honestly thought we'd each drive our own cars so I welcomed his idea!

Glad you made the comment of not discounting what the heart wants because I was thinking of totally discounting it! I think the most important benefit of the move is leaving the work stress behind. Today I was so stressed at work that all I wanted was for us to move now! That kind of emotional thinking I do sometimes worries me. I don't want the move decision to be made during an emotional moment. I know we will be OK as long as we are together.

So happy you finally booked your well deserved Hawaii vacation!!! OMG, September is just around the corner!

Hi Tami!

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

Got in the shoulder work after work, so glad those are short. This morning was KCM's 30MTF Plateau Buster and then I added on the additional stretch from that DVD. I felt that I was needing that. ;)

Laurel, WOW on that first workout, it does sound like a tough one. Cathe really does know how to torture with that high step. Nice that you enjoyed that barre type workout, guess you need to suggest that one for a future DVD. I too am really glad that we are doing this variety, I'm actually loving this phase for summer. It may become my go to summer workouts, because I can keep them short but work that muscle by going as heavy as I can. Incorporating other muscles makes other muscles so fatigued doing something else, that I don't think I see the benefit as much. I know I'm rambling, but I think everyone gets what I'm talking about. That is a good question on those leg workouts, they all seem to make my quads and calf muscles scream at some point during the workout. :D I'm looking forward to the Step Boxing workout also, because the RAW one she did is fun.

Thelma, Dang on being busy, but if it makes it so you can enjoy your off days then it is understandable. Glad I could be of some help with the moving situation. I'm sure that you and your DH will work through some important issues while making those lists. I'm so enjoying going heavier than I usually would on these workouts, so may try your idea so I can go heavier than half a pound. ;) Enjoy your Friday!

Tami, Hope all is going well with you!

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! I am surprised today that I am not more sore than I am after yesterday’s workout, so that is a good thing. But that doesn’t mean I am bouncing off the walls with energy.....because I am definitely not! So I took the workout down a bit today and did RUUB Triple Chest followed by Cathe’s Step Blast. That one is always a fun one for me. I did increase my weight quite a bit for the chest work as well, and that felt good.

Thelma, sorry to hear about the long, stressful day. It is so unfortunate that taking a day off each week is creating more stress at work but, as you say, it is worth it for the day off. I think writing a list of pros and cons for moving is good. One of the benefits I find from having moved so much is I have a pretty strong grasp of what is important to me when it comes to where we live, and you hit one of those things on the head......being with my DH. Another big item for me is comfort.....and I am not talking creature comforts like a soft pillow. :D I mean feeling comfortable in my surrounding, my community, my home, etc. For us, in choosing a ‘where’ to live, I almost always lead with this issue. That is why we are in Alaska instead of Germany right now. I love Germany, but I know in the current global environment, I would not feel very comfortable living there. In Alaska......that is not an issue at all. I think of these as important ‘heart’ issues. Sometimes less emotional issues like finances can be somewhat more negotiable for me (in other words, realizing that maybe I can do without that 40th pair of shoes :p ) than ‘I won’t go to the store because I am afraid’ or ‘I live like a mushroom because our neighbor’s windows look right into our house’. But, obviously, finances play a huge role too....if they didn’t, DH and I would be packing for a move to Hawaii. So there is a lot to consider and to weigh, that’s for certain. And definitely drive together if you can!

Laurie, great workouts! I completely agree about this as a summer rotation.....much like I want to hit the holidays with metabolic or circuit work again this year. I have two interruptions coming up in our rotation with a visit from my in-laws and a trip to Colorado to see my sisters, and I love that I can work these workouts around to get everything in and still have days off. And I definitely agree as well that doing one body part really helps me focus on that part. I am never looking at the clock going ‘will this never end’, or, frankly, hesitant to push the pause button to go heavier because I know the workout is shorter. With hour long strength workouts, I don’t like adding pauses. B)

Tami, hope you are well.

Off to get my hair youthened. We are experiencing really warm (for Fairbanks) weather (in the 80s), so I am definitely looking forward to getting out and away from the roofers today!

Laurel

• 2BLean
    Hi Ladies ~ I'm here :) Sorry I missed you all yesterday. I started writing everyone and then just got busy and didn’t get a chance . . . Today’s kind of the same so I will check in tomorrow forsure! So lets see, no am. Workout yesterday but I did go to Spinning and it was a pretty fun class. Small but fun. All women so Katy played her favorite “pop” music. So this a.m. was Giant Sets Legs (x2) and no workout tonight.

Tomorrow will be shoulders and then Sat I will do Bis/Tris and a Stretch.

Great workouts ladies! TGIF tomorrow 😊 Tami
  • fitzfour
    fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
    Hi Ladies,

Feeling much better and back to regular workouts. Still plugging away at Cathe Live. I have learned this over the last 3 months of Cathe Live...I LOVE her upper body weights workouts, I don't love her straight cardio, but I really like her hiit/weights combo and I've learned leg day isn't my fave. Kind of a switch from how I have felt in the past. Interesting!

Tami, I am so sorry to hear about your mom. A total shock, for sure. I hope that she can get the pain under control and quickly get answers. It's so great that your sister is around and you are able to be there to help when needed too. Having family to help your mom during this time is key. Great job on your workouts, I'm sure it's keeping you sane right now!

Laurel, you are scaring me with your description of Cardio Leg Blast with High Step...I almost did that the other day. I think I'll hold off for awhile! I am sore just reading about your workouts every day!!

Thelma, you've gotten in some great workouts, but some days the work stress/time takes over and it calls for a rest day. I've been there, and unfortunately in the insurance industry, it is like that every year from August to December. This is the "slow" time...which to most is the normal busy of a work day.

Laurie, Thanks for the heads up on the KCM filming. I feel like I've lost track of her filming, so I'm going to go check that out. Absolutely loving your workout mixes with KCM, Cathe and others. Sounds like you're hitting every muscle well!

I won't be back on until next week as we'll have a weekend off of sports, so we are going to cram in lots of sleepovers for the boys, family get togethers and hopefully some bonfires. We also had our driveway/sidewalk torn out earlier this week and that gets done tomorrow and Monday/Tuesday so we're getting prepped to not have a driveway/sidewalk for several days!

Have a good weekend!

Erika
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, tonight I did Fit Split Boxing BC w/u, S&S Ramped Up Upper Body Double shoulders, Treadmill, Stretching. Another long day at work. I had to finish my sprint planning so I did the double shoulders as you can see.

Laurie, great workout. I bet the stretch felt great! We definitely will be working on those lists! Try going heavier on the first set and take and listen to your body on the following sets.

Laurel, great combo today. I can't believe you're not sore after yesterday's combo!
    It really stinks that I had to work long days so I could have Friday off but having a long weekend makes it worth the sacrifice!
    I hear you on the comfort. I want to live in a safe town where I will feel safe at home. I want privacy and I'd prefer not to be close to any neighbors. Finances do worry me. Not so much because I'll have to become a recovering shopaholic but because I want to feel safe financially in case of an emergency.

Hi Tami, great job with those workouts!!

Hi Erika, so glad you're feeling better and back to normal workouts! I know that I no longer enjoy high impact workouts. Cathe's fancy step moves are not my fave. I am afraid I'll fall off the step!

Have a wonderful weekend ladies! We'll be going to my BIL's on Saturday for my SIL's 60th bday celebration. I'm going for a pedicure tomorrow.

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

Got in the GS Biceps after work, and was able to complete all the work with the same weight. Talk about jello arms with that one. ;) This morning was KCM TLC #1 and then I did the Bonus Push-Ups. I have never tried that bonus work, and you can do push-ups, crunches or squats. Kelly has a deck of cards, and you do the number of reps on the card. She has 2 sets from 2-10. I did them all on my knees, otherwise I think it would have been tough.

Laurel, Awesome job with those workouts, and increasing your weights! Nice that you had a chance to get out and have some pampering on such a nice warm day. Love the idea of doing metabolic during the holidays. I'm with you on that one. Let me know the start date for that one. Doing these metabolic type workouts during the one body part has actually been great, but of course I'm making sure that I don't go to heavy with those. I thought I was the only one that watched the clock on some workouts. I love it when the workout ends, and I didn't glance at the time once. Those are good workouts.

Tami, Glad you where able to check in even if it was a short one. Great job on the workouts!

Erika, Glad to hear that you are feeling better. How nice that you will have a weekend to have some fun with the family, and not have to worry about going to sporting events. Sounds like you will all have some great relaxing fun. Good job on the workouts. That is interesting that your taste for workouts has changed. I know that I love metabolic type ones over many others, but then they are creating more and more of those lately. Kelly usually films just before Cathe does, because they use the same director. So I'm pretty sure that Cathe will be doing the same thing shortly.

Thelma, Great job with the workouts. I will try out going heavy on the first round, and take it from there.

Have a great weekend!
    Laurie